Author Topic: New efforts! -- metadiscussion  (Read 82161 times)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
New efforts! -- metadiscussion
« on: August 29, 2014, 10:51:05 PM »

Dispari

• Underling
Re: New efforts! -- metadiscussion
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 11:01:14 PM »
So what I'm understanding here is that I should get my Mids build ready to import into the new game. ;)

Darkfaith

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 11:10:59 PM »
So what I'm understanding here is that I should get my Mids build ready to import into the new game. ;)

>.> You mean you don't already have them ready? I kid, I kid...

Very sensible post, TonyV. While I'm excited by the possibility of an announcement either way, I've also waited almost two years. If they can't get their announcement out as planned, I certainly won't hold it against anyone.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 11:15:12 PM »
And my post didn't fit so just move on. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:52:30 PM by scalebeast »

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 11:19:24 PM »
Thank you, Tony, for your constant due diligence for the community.

I'm with you. Discretion is the better part of valor. If we mess with Hail Mary, or even worse, if we make NCSoft not want to play ball, then all of this hope is for nothing.

I'm keeping my hopes unrealistically high because I can't help it. CoH, Paragon, all of that means a lot to me, and the hope that this is another step towards going back Home is making a very stressful time feel welll... both more stressful, but also like I don't need to count on just one thing working out.

I know if I was on Hail Mary I'd keep abreast of this forum, if from a distance, but if you could pass on a heartfelt thanks from all of us here for ya know, puttin up with the stress of this sort of thing and doing their best to get our game back, I know we'd all appreciate it :)
Woo! - Argent Girl

Biz

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 11:25:26 PM »
I was under the impression that the Hail Mary team told Robert he could spread the news of the "alleged" press release on Monday. Was this not the case? If not, I suppose I can understand how he could get a little excited and spill the beans without checking to make sure it was ok first. Not the best idea obviously, but I can understand it.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 11:27:37 PM »
Thank you, Tony, for your constant due diligence for the community.

I'm with you. Discretion is the better part of valor. If we mess with Hail Mary, or even worse, if we make NCSoft not want to play ball, then all of this hope is for nothing.

I'm keeping my hopes unrealistically high because I can't help it. CoH, Paragon, all of that means a lot to me, and the hope that this is another step towards going back Home is making a very stressful time feel welll... both more stressful, but also like I don't need to count on just one thing working out.

I know if I was on Hail Mary I'd keep abreast of this forum, if from a distance, but if you could pass on a heartfelt thanks from all of us here for ya know, puttin up with the stress of this sort of thing and doing their best to get our game back, I know we'd all appreciate it :)
I agree with this whole heartily, and thank you Tony, I want to go home that I have to sometimes step back time to time and think of something else (thanks to college :) ).
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 11:28:30 PM »
You're not alone, Robert kinda pissed me off too.

"Like, dude. Shut the hell up until things are finalized. You can only do harm."

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 11:29:12 PM »
  Do you really want to hear this from me, who can only tell you that we don't know what the announcement will be... ?

YES!
 ;D

Oh, and 'cause you own the site, the official winner of the name contest is "the 'Hail Mary' team"

"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 11:35:20 PM »
Thank you very much for the clarification! With as many pieces of information flying around as there are, and as many people talking as there are, it's really nice to hear something like this.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 11:36:53 PM »
Thanks Tony, its been some 21 months, since the game closed, a few more days isn't so long.

Edit: I think herding cats is preferable than dealing with facebook bad apples.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 11:39:30 PM »
So basically what TonyV is saying is that January 6, 2015 is the official relaunch date for CoH?

That's what I got from his post.

:)

(Putting in my vacation request right now)

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 11:46:35 PM »
Edit: I think herding cats is preferable than dealing with facebook bad apples.

To be fair, I don't think its bad apples so much as over eager apples. And we can all appreciate eagerness at this point :)
Woo! - Argent Girl

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 11:48:45 PM »
I have a friend who was devastated by the shutdown, and I'm not saying one word about these efforts-- or any efforts-- until we get a positive answer, so I well understand Tony's caution.

I don't quite know why, but I feel a bit less hopeful now than I have in the past. Maybe it's because there have been so many leaks recently.

Still, even if this one doesn't work, at least we know NcSoft is willing to sell the game and we have a better idea of what the buyers might wind up with.

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 11:53:06 PM »
So basically what TonyV is saying is that January 6, 2015 is the official relaunch date for CoH?

That's what I got from his post.

:)

(Putting in my vacation request right now)

By the miracle of numerology!

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 11:57:40 PM »

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 12:00:54 AM »
Yes, the leaks make me nervous.  I used to post about how wonderful COH was and how I missed it a couple of times a month on my FB account.  The only thing I do now is heroes/heroines and costume images.  I've tried to stay mum, though my whole family (who could care less) know I'm excited.

I want this back so much, and especially now that I have some extra time to play, I don't want any beans spilled or ships sunk because someone couldn't keep their mouth shut.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 12:18:25 AM »
Thank you for this post.

Being in the know and being the person to deliver the news can be two different things.

I certainly would not want be accountable to the COH community and not able to deliver the promised goods.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 12:39:32 AM by duane »

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 12:50:09 AM »
I am pretty sure team Hail Mary has advised NCSoft they are going to announce themselves on Monday and NCSoft agreed to such a thing because they are impressed with what they have seen and are wanting to move forward.

I certainly hope so, because if they HAVEN'T cleared it with NCSoft, and they do make an announcement on Monday, it's a golden opportunity for NCSoft to kill the deal without looking like the bad guys. After all, how can they trust a group to take good care of COH that can't even keep their own people from leaking information to people who sensationalize it on Facebook, and get backed into a corner of having to announce it themselves, ready or not?

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 01:06:14 AM »
To be fair, I don't think its bad apples so much as over eager apples. And we can all appreciate eagerness at this point :)

I'm pretty sure quite a few of us want our game back NAO! That said, it only takes a few bad ones to spoil the cart. You can be overeager without being a total narcissist like we see on FB.