Author Topic: SAVE COH RADIO! SEPTEMBER 19TH!  (Read 2593 times)

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
SAVE COH RADIO! SEPTEMBER 19TH!
« on: September 18, 2014, 11:47:04 PM »
On November 30th, 2012, NCSoft shut off the greatest online super-powered role-playing game ever, however,
that only turned UP the resolve of its gaming community! Join Rich (a.k.a. Pogoman) and his trusted, loyal,
sidekick, Suzy the Elf, as they take to the airwaves weekly to discuss the plight of the greatest gaming community
in the history of the world! Joining them will be, as always, the man from the Titan Network himself- Tony V!
The newest member of the team, Hugh, will stop by to join in the fun also!
Tune in to see what the players are doing to bring back their beloved City! Join them
in their greatest fight ever! Callers are welcome to join in on air! Friday night, 7pm-9pm EST!
Call in to say hello!  (646) 478-0073
Let's tell everyone why we are fighting to get our City back!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theelf/2014/09/19/save-coh-radio

A VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!

AVAST ME HEARTEYS!! FRIDAY BE INTERNATIONAL TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY!!! AAARRRR!!! BE JOININ' US FOR THA CELBRATION!!

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
Re: SAVE COH RADIO! SEPTEMBER 19TH!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 12:18:10 AM »
Questions to be answered:

1. Patience is a virtue. Which wouldn't suck so much if that server was still running. Does anyone have experience with NCSoft or know their history on negotiations? Are we looking at months or years before this goes through?

2. Have any of the successor games made an impression (positive/negative) yet? Considering the time it takes to launch an MMO are we looking at 2016 before these games hit a working Beta?

3. Will there be unfair comparisons to volunteer beta launch versions of MMOs when put up against a game run well for 8+ years with millions of backing and full-time employees.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 10:49:30 PM »
To be fair, the questions regarding when these games will be up and running would have to be asked to the individual companies behind the three successor games themselves.
I believe, as do others, that all three are making positive progress in their game development.
Considering that the original game is no longer running, I think people would be happy when these games open for beta testing and/or finally launch. Considering they are all former players, I feel that they will be making improvements as to what COX was.
Regarding NCSoft itself, only they know the answer to the question regarding them. A lot of progress has been made. More so than the first go around before the shutdown.  Patience is a virtue, and must be exercised here as the ball is in NCSoft's court right now. however, even if these negotiations fall apart, there are other groups waiting to step up and give it a shot.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »
Thanks for the time to write out the responses. I enjoyed the talk of the tech involved in a 2014-coded game vs 2001.

I didn't mean to upset the the show with the walls of bluntly-worded text. I'll keep it short in the future.

Aaaaaand, a woman who giggles while killing Nazis is kinda hot. Why would that be disturbing?!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:48:15 PM by Rejolt »
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!