Author Topic: Character Optimization - All Psi Dominator  (Read 34673 times)

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: Character Optimization - All Psi Dominator
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 07:10:25 PM »
Ok, some adjustments made.

After all the comments here, I decided to lookup Flight on ParagonWiki.  It says that, as of Issue 18, Fly is already at Flight Cap by character level.  If that's the case, then all I need to worry about is the Endurance cost.

Unslotted, it's 0.69s
With 1 Endurance Reduction IO, it's 0.53s
With 2 Endurance Reduction IOs, it's 0.44s - so I'll go with 2 of these here

I then moved the one of the newly freed-up slots to Rest (always irritating to have either regenerated either Health or Endurance but still be waiting on the other one to finish up), and then put the other one into Indomitable Will, upping its Defense.

Thanks for helping me free up 2 more slots - to all of my builds, as that was standard Fly slotting for me.  :)

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 07:15:58 PM »
I would - however- maybe a couple of years after the game is up - and if your characters have the resources (inf), suggest you try one of the builds as suggested - pretend you like being in melee as a "squishy". With the set bonuses from IO's, squishies are really not that squishy anymore.

A blaster is considered squishy, right? I'd have my celerity stealth, zip in to melee with SS, use drain psyche, zip back out and it was clobbering time.
Yeah, every now and then, a mob might get a lick in before I could get out. (darned suppression) But, that was just one lick, maybe two. Once I zipped out, they were too busy chasing me to hit me. And - I stumbled upon that style of play, just by trying one of the builds that didn't seem to fit my playstyle at all. I preferred SJ to SS and back then, flight was agonizingly slow for me, even though I enjoyed being afk enroute to mission doors that were a long ways away. (gotta eat sometimes)

Just my two cents.
I have considered this, but, if I go with that, an Arachnos Widow / Fortunata is a much better choice.  And that was, in fact, my alternate build for this concept.

Actually, here's that build:

Design Notes:

1)  This is another all-Psi build - I deliberately avoided any melee powers.
2)  Hasten was again avoided on purpose.

[build deleted from here - I'm moving it to its own thread under Arachnos Widows]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:13:41 PM by JanessaVR »

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 08:41:28 PM »
Ok, some adjustments made.

After all the comments here, I decided to lookup Flight on ParagonWiki.  It says that, as of Issue 18, Fly is already at Flight Cap by character level.  If that's the case, then all I need to worry about is the Endurance cost.

Unslotted, it's 0.69s
With 1 Endurance Reduction IO, it's 0.53s
With 2 Endurance Reduction IOs, it's 0.44s - so I'll go with 2 of these here

I then moved the one of the newly freed-up slots to Rest (always irritating to have either regenerated either Health or Endurance but still be waiting on the other one to finish up), and then put the other one into Indomitable Will, upping its Defense.

Thanks for helping me free up 2 more slots - to all of my builds, as that was standard Fly slotting for me.  :)

In I23, flight burns 0.455 eps unslotted.  See: http://tomax.cohtitan.com/data/powers/power.php?id=Pool.Flight.Fly&at=Class_Dominator

0.2275 endurance with 0.5s activation time, which means eps is 0.2275 / 0.5 = 0.455 eps.

Unslotted it burns about as much as you wanted it to burn 2-slotted above.

Note: Mids shows your cost for flight.  I'm not sure why, as my records suggest Flight's cost was 0.455 from at least I22.  It was changed some time between I18 and I22 from 1.0 eps to that value.  Originally, Flight's cost was 2.0 eps but that was changed a few years after launch.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2014, 08:55:46 PM »
In I23, flight burns 0.455 eps unslotted.  See: http://tomax.cohtitan.com/data/powers/power.php?id=Pool.Flight.Fly&at=Class_Dominator

0.2275 endurance with 0.5s activation time, which means eps is 0.2275 / 0.5 = 0.455 eps.

Unslotted it burns about as much as you wanted it to burn 2-slotted above.

Note: Mids shows your cost for flight.  I'm not sure why, as my records suggest Flight's cost was 0.455 from at least I22.  It was changed some time between I18 and I22 from 1.0 eps to that value.  Originally, Flight's cost was 2.0 eps but that was changed a few years after launch.
So, you're saying Mids isn't showing me accurate #'s for Fly?  In the absence of a working game, it's what I have to go by.  Those 0.69 / 0.53 / 0.44 figures were taken directly from Mids today.  I'm used to taking Mids #'s as gospel, but if that's not true - everything about my builds is called into question.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2014, 09:27:47 PM »
So, you're saying Mids isn't showing me accurate #'s for Fly?  In the absence of a working game, it's what I have to go by.  Those 0.69 / 0.53 / 0.44 figures were taken directly from Mids today.  I'm used to taking Mids #'s as gospel, but if that's not true - everything about my builds is called into question.

I generally trust Mids myself, which is why the discrepancy is odd to me.  I spot check Mids numbers on all my builds constantly, and this is the first mistake I've seen in quite a while.  Whether its a Mids mistake or an Arcana mistake is something I'm still investigating.

For now, I would still trust Mids in general.  Nothing's perfect (neither Mids nor me) but such numerical glitches in Mids have always been very rare except where Mids notes the issue itself (particularly on very complex definition powers).

Why I think its a Mids mistake and not an Arcana mistake is that whenever I see someone or something claiming the devs set the endurance cost of something to "0.69" or something like that, I get suspicious.  I know the devs rarely did that.  Setting it to 0.2275 per tick (flight ticks 2 per second) is the kind of numbers they used to use, unless they came from a formula (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised to learn the devs wanted to set flight to "just under half eps" and tried to set it to 0.45, mentally divided by 2 incorrectly, and instead of setting flight to 0.225 per tick they set it to 0.2275 per tick).

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2014, 09:58:32 PM »
Well, actually, the 0.69s is the base cost with Cardiac Core Paragon slotted.  The actual base cost I'm seeing in Mids is 1.0s for Fly, if I remove the Incarnate ability from the equation.  I always take Cardiac Core Paragon, however, as with my playstyle, extra Endurance and extra Range are always good things.

Without it, the #'s are: 1.0s / 0.7s / 0.55s for Fly.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 11:04:33 PM »
Well, actually, the 0.69s is the base cost with Cardiac Core Paragon slotted.  The actual base cost I'm seeing in Mids is 1.0s for Fly, if I remove the Incarnate ability from the equation.  I always take Cardiac Core Paragon, however, as with my playstyle, extra Endurance and extra Range are always good things.

Without it, the #'s are: 1.0s / 0.7s / 0.55s for Fly.

Ah.  Then 1.0 is the old number, before it was updated.  Not sure how that slipped by, but it makes a lot more sense now.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 11:37:57 PM »
Ah.  Then 1.0 is the old number, before it was updated.  Not sure how that slipped by, but it makes a lot more sense now.
I've been trying to find this in ParagonWiki.  Do you have a reference, or does ParagonWiki need to be updated with figures from your notes?  And how can I update Mids with the new figures?

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2014, 11:51:44 PM »
I've been trying to find this in ParagonWiki.  Do you have a reference, or does ParagonWiki need to be updated with figures from your notes?  And how can I update Mids with the new figures?

Updating Mids is easy.
1: Run it (make sure you have Write access to its folder, or Run as Administrator)
2: Options -> Advanced -> Database Editor from the menu at the top of the Mids window
3: Main Database Editor button
4: set Left window (Group) -> Pool
4.1: set Middle window (Set) -> Flight
4.2: set Right window (Power) -> Fly
4.3: hit Edit button under Power (bottom right)
5: 2nd tab is Power Attributes, go into it and change the Endurance Cost from .5 to .2275
6: Hit OK on the power, then Save and Close

Restart Mid's and it should use the new numbers.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2014, 12:00:30 AM »
Updating Mids is easy.
1: Run it (make sure you have Write access to its folder, or Run as Administrator)
2: Options -> Advanced -> Database Editor from the menu at the top of the Mids window
5: 2nd tab is Power Attributes, go into it and change the Endurance Cost from .5 to .2275

Awesome!  Thanks for the very precise directions there - only took a few seconds.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2014, 12:18:26 AM »
Updating Mids is easy.

Yowza! I had no idea we could do that! I'm going to have to save these directions in case I ever need them...
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2014, 01:38:30 AM »
 Here is my Issue 24 Fortunata Build which you might want to use as a comparison.. My build does include Hasten.. I do it on almost every character but the glow doesnt bother me.. also if Coh 1.5 comes out with Issue 24 we would be able to turn off the hasten glow effect..

I dont have TP and for me there would be no reason why my character would have the ability to TP people. I dont connect Mental Prowess with ability to move people through Space Time instantaneously..

This build is softcapped to everything except Psi but is softcapped to every other damage type and Melee, Ranged and AoE. It is also perma hasten and perma Mind Link which is huge..

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.96
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Psicosis: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mental Blast -- Decim-Acc/Dmg(A), Decim-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Decim-Dmg/Rchg(3), Decim-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Decim-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(29), HO:Nucle(29)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(43), DefBuff-I(43)
Level 2: Telekinetic Blast -- Decim-Acc/Dmg(A), Decim-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Decim-Dmg/Rchg(7), Decim-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Decim-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(19), HO:Nucle(19)
Level 4: Subdue -- SDoArach-Acc/Dmg(A), SDoArach-Dmg/Rchg(11), SDoArach-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SDoArach-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SDoArach-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 6: Hover -- Flight-I(A)
Level 8: Psychic Scream -- Posi-Acc/Dmg(A), Posi-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Posi-Dmg/Rchg(9), Posi-Dmg/Rng(13), Posi-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SDoArach-Rchg/DmgFear%(23)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Dominate -- Decim-Acc/Dmg(A), Decim-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Decim-Dmg/Rchg(37), Decim-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Decim-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), HO:Perox(48)
Level 14: Fly -- Flight-I(A)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Psionic Tornado -- Posi-Acc/Dmg(A), Posi-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Posi-Dmg/Rchg(39), Posi-Dmg/Rng(40), Posi-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), OvForce-Dam/KB(46)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LkGmblr-Def(A), LkGmblr-Rchg+(40), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 22: Foresight -- LkGmblr-Def(A), LkGmblr-Rchg+(46)
Level 24: Mind Link -- LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(A), LkGmblr-Def/Rchg(25), LkGmblr-EndRdx/Rchg(25), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), LkGmblr-Def(36), LkGmblr-Rchg+(36)
Level 26: Total Domination -- BasGaze-Acc/Hold(A), BasGaze-Acc/Rchg(27), BasGaze-Rchg/Hold(31), BasGaze-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31), RechRdx-I(31), HO:Endo(34)
Level 28: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LkGmblr-Def(A), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(43), LkGmblr-Rchg+(45)
Level 30: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Oblit-Dmg(A), Oblit-Acc/Rchg(33), Oblit-Dmg/Rchg(33), Oblit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Oblit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), HO:Nucle(34)
Level 35: Tough -- S'fstPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), S'fstPrt-ResKB(36)
Level 38: Weave -- LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(A), LkGmblr-Def(48), LkGmblr-Rchg+(50), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Confuse -- CoPers-Conf(A), CoPers-Conf/Rchg(42), CoPers-Acc/Conf/Rchg(45), CoPers-Acc/Rchg(45), CoPers-Conf%(48)
Level 44: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Tactical Training: Leadership -- EndRdx-I(A), Rec'dRet-Pcptn(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Conditioning
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Numna-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Numna-Heal(15), Mrcl-Rcvry+(42)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(5), P'Shift-EndMod(5), P'Shift-End%(42)
Level 50: Spectral Total Radial Conversion
Level 50: Seers Total Core Improved Ally
Level 50: Rebirth Partial Radial Invocation
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:
  • 11% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 11% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 3% Defense(Melee)
  • 3% Defense(Smashing)
  • 3% Defense(Lethal)
  • 3% Defense(Fire)
  • 3% Defense(Cold)
  • 5.5% Defense(Energy)
  • 5.5% Defense(Negative)
  • 3% Defense(Psionic)
  • 4.25% Defense(Ranged)
  • 3% Defense(AoE)
  • 6.75% Max End
  • 101.3% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 60% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 4% Enhancement(Confused)
  • 5% SpeedFlying
  • 92.36 HP (8.62%) HitPoints
  • 5% JumpHeight
  • 5% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Held) 2.75%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 8.25%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 2.2%
  • 20% PerceptionRadius
  • 12.5% (0.22 End/sec) Recovery
  • 62% (3.32 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 3.15% Resistance(Fire)
  • 3.15% Resistance(Cold)
  • 3.13% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 5% SpeedRunning

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2014, 02:29:50 AM »
Here is my Issue 24 Fortunata Build which you might want to use as a comparison.. My build does include Hasten.. I do it on almost every character but the glow doesnt bother me.. also if Coh 1.5 comes out with Issue 24 we would be able to turn off the hasten glow effect..
Optimized this a bit for you, within the framework you've chosen.  :)

Click this DataLink to open this build in Mids!

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2014, 03:42:01 AM »
Optimized this a bit for you, within the framework you've chosen.  :)

Click this DataLink to open this build in Mids!

Nice Build...

but I rarely if ever slot with Purples (except on Dominators where I want all the recharge I can get). I would however slot Armageddon in Psychic Wail but I wouldnt Six Slot Stamina. Efficacy Adaptor is a good set.. but not worth the six slots for me..  And adding two Gift of the Ancients to get a 2% end bonus is not worth giving up 10% regen and another 9% accuracy across every power.. I wouldnt have any end issues with a Numina +regen/recovery a Miracle Recovery and the Perf Shift +End proc going off..

Your build did however show me some useless slotting I had.. so I moved a few slots around and gained a little more regen and accuracy.. 

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2014, 04:37:04 AM »
Nice Build...

but I rarely if ever slot with Purples (except on Dominators where I want all the recharge I can get). I would however slot Armageddon in Psychic Wail but I wouldnt Six Slot Stamina. Efficacy Adaptor is a good set.. but not worth the six slots for me..  And adding two Gift of the Ancients to get a 2% end bonus is not worth giving up 10% regen and another 9% accuracy across every power.. I wouldnt have any end issues with a Numina +regen/recovery a Miracle Recovery and the Perf Shift +End proc going off..

Your build did however show me some useless slotting I had.. so I moved a few slots around and gained a little more regen and accuracy..
Glad I could help a bit.  Just goes to show people have different design goals and playstyles.  I barely care about Regeneration, but go out of my way for Range, Recharge, and Recovery.  I 6-slot Stamina not just for every bit of Stamina I can get, but also for another 5% Recharge.  In short, I know that unless I'm playing a melee-type, then I'm essentially a glass cannon.  So I don't bother trying too hard to try to be a tough/regen type and figure the best defense is actually to be able to lock down enemies before they can hurt me - and keeping as much distance from them as I can.

About the useless slotting, sometimes that's a bit of trial and error.  A lot of times, I discover that in many powers the difference between 2x IOs and 3x IOs of the same type is so little that I might as well move that slot somewhere else where it can do more good.  I practically compare Mids design sessions to writing.  First you achieve a first draft, then polish it up several times in later sessions.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2015, 11:11:25 PM »
Build has been updated as per forum feedback.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2015, 08:17:46 PM »
Build updated again as per forum feedback.  The last few days have seen a plethora of good suggestions on my other builds posted here, and those changes are being reflected here as well.