Author Topic: Blood MoOOOoon  (Read 5308 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Blood MoOOOoon
« on: October 16, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »
In case it saves someone a minute...

http://web.archive.org/web/20130811141509/http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Blood_Moon

>>

Just noticed that the main map doesn't work but the boss maps I tried so far do.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:25:03 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
Re: Blood MoOOOoon
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 10:30:16 PM »
Been there, done that... and the last time I tried the event my bags were stuffed with Zombie temp pet powers that I couldn't use fast enough. I throw those buggers like confetti now.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 11:50:52 PM »
I mostly go for Nimbus & Supernatural, device lootwise. Must-have twink gear, so, may as well get it for free while also getting a shot at lighting up event dps-o-meters.

It's a good time to load up on servitor serums too but I think that part doesn't start until next week when they bring in Tako, who, drops a decent aura.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 12:47:45 AM »
Been there, done that, boring as hell because the game suffers from extreme excessive brown.  Though i'm kind of agitated they'd nerf plasma sheer when so many vehicle players were the reason the game had as much money as it did.  Well, I'm left asking everyone do they feel like heroes asking for the things they do, and told them not to answer that.

It's just brown is real sucks so I don't participate in the event.  Them just nerfing something into uselessness at the start is also total BS and total stupidity.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 02:21:23 AM »
People that feel the need to vent on a thread where someone thinks to leave a not overly easy to get link for one of the biggest events in the game who's name is in the forum title I leave this thread for you. Have a party.

The OP has a link that might be useful for anyone else.

/rollseyes
Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 10:59:34 PM »
People that feel the need to vent on a thread where someone thinks to leave a not overly easy to get link for one of the biggest events in the game who's name is in the forum title I leave this thread for you. Have a party.

The OP has a link that might be useful for anyone else.

/rollseyes

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=292161

Don't bother commenting, it was locked.  It's a bait and switch that they did, what can I say?
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 03:36:57 PM »
Blood Moon is nice, but I'm looking forward more to what's happening next.
Spess

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 04:00:22 PM »

Dun, dun, dun...

Wait... there's something happening next?!

/updates CO
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

JennSpace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 05:13:44 PM »
Dun, dun, dun...

Wait... there's something happening next?!

/updates CO

With the ease super vilains can get out of prison, I'd say Takofanes will be back ...back! :P

Unless you throw him in a vortex to another dimension, practically any vilain can come back and will come back in the world of super heroes ...but then again, even vortex will not stop them from coming back! XD
Missed in action in the Rikti War Zone, almost 2 years ago.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 02:33:52 AM »

If the game lasts that long for anything more.  I am actually thinking the game will be shutting down even sooner with people now accusing it of baiting and switching so much :/.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=266931

Some people have asked for their money back even, one guy wants a good 600 dollars back.  Very concerning for CO at this point.  Rate its going, it'll be down before CoX comes back or VO/CoT even enters alpha(VO is still in pre-alpha).

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 04:50:52 PM »
If the game lasts that long for anything more.  I am actually thinking the game will be shutting down even sooner with people now accusing it of baiting and switching so much :/.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=266931

Some people have asked for their money back even, one guy wants a good 600 dollars back.  Very concerning for CO at this point.  Rate its going, it'll be down before CoX comes back or VO/CoT even enters alpha(VO is still in pre-alpha).
I agree with you, this mess is all cryptic/pwe fault they have repeatedly treated co as a third rate game. Instead of making real content they released lock box after lock box for a year and a half. Only once in awhile releasing a temp arc here and there. All of the original devs have been moved to sto or neverwinter. I would not be surprised if co shuts down. It was a game that was mismanaged from day one until now.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 06:33:52 PM »
I agree with you, this mess is all cryptic/pwe fault they have repeatedly treated co as a third rate game. Instead of making real content they released lock box after lock box for a year and a half. Only once in awhile releasing a temp arc here and there. All of the original devs have been moved to sto or neverwinter. I would not be surprised if co shuts down. It was a game that was mismanaged from day one until now.

No kidding, and the nerf-heads on the forums and seemingly in zone are still rubbing salt in the wound.  Most toxic forums ever.  I just reported a troll to trialturtle for example since I realised I could just private message them.  That guy keeps going out of his way to launch attacks on me in various threads and anyone he disagrees with anymore, it's sickening.  Another person stopped working on a wiki(a project of his) made his decision after being trolled very, very badly in zone chat to, saying the "Do it for the community aspect that drew me to this place is pretty diminished, as well".  I replied, not blaming him and just said the only winning move was not to play anymore.

I've never seen the CO forums this toxic before, ever.  And I've seen the forums become pretty toxic before.

The community of CO is just...disgusting anymore.  I don't blame anyone whos angry when they post something thats off the rails at this point.

Edit: I ponder, should massively see this?  Just a thought, but if they are going to keep baiting and switching I'm thinking it probably should be reported.  I'm hesitating a lot to mention it to them, like, big time.  I don't want CO to shut down but ethics........ethics is alot to bear.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:07:04 PM by LaughingAlex »

JennSpace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 07:08:08 PM »
No kidding, and the nerf-heads on the forums and seemingly in zone are still rubbing salt in the wound.  Most toxic forums ever.  I just reported a troll to trialturtle for example since I realised I could just private message them.  That guy keeps going out of his way to launch attacks on me in various threads and anyone he disagrees with anymore, it's sickening.  The same guy who stopped working on the wiki made his decision after being trolled very, very badly in zone chat to, saying the "Do it for the community aspect that drew me to this place is pretty diminished, as well".  I replied, not blaming him and just said the only winning move was not to play anymore.

I've never seen the CO forums this toxic before, ever.  And I've seen the forums become pretty toxic before.

The community of CO is just...disgusting anymore.  I don't blame anyone whos angry when they post something thats off the rails at this point.

Poor Trialturtle, I hope they're paying him very well because I saw him get seriously bashed on the CO forums and it takes mental strenght to endure this much abuse. *wave head*

I cancelled my Champion subscription too when I saw the community was starting to disintegrate and anarchy was gaining too much ground. It had become too long and too bothersome to do anything with people, in this game and now it's just the beginning of the end... 

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 07:15:20 PM »
Poor Trialturtle, I hope they're paying him very well because I saw him get seriously bashed on the CO forums and it takes mental strenght to endure this much abuse. *wave head*

I cancelled my Champion subscription too when I saw the community was starting to disintegrate and anarchy was gaining too much ground. It had become too long and too bothersome to do anything with people, in this game and now it's just the beginning of the end...

I saw him get bashed to, I felt especially bad about it, and even more-so when I chose to hold back from saying anything.  I wonder if he'd quit or something though because he hadn't done anything with the post in that thread that was a personal attack on me(the second one that jerk launched at me this week).  I'd already stated earlier that sure the change was well intended, but it was bad.

I'm really pondering whether I could bring this up with massively knowing what it'd do.  Kind of nervous to.  As it is, i'm sure some would blame me anyways if massively got word of it regardless of who reported it.  But then again, I'd only be saying that my ethics pointing out such an open wrong doing........

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 07:17:30 PM »

It does not help that community reps like laughing trendy, says they are going to be the rep foe co and just leaves, if she never made this statement, I do think the boards would have gone toxic before but not like this. Also having people like silverspar thinking that anyone who posts something they like her buddies call that person a troll. This happened to me, and also I was lied about from silver.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 07:19:27 PM »
I saw him get bashed to, I felt especially bad about it, and even more-so when I chose to hold back from saying anything.  I wonder if he'd quit or something though because he hadn't done anything with the post in that thread that was a personal attack on me(the second one that jerk launched at me this week).  I'd already stated earlier that sure the change was well intended, but it was bad.

I'm really pondering whether I could bring this up with massively knowing what it'd do.  Kind of nervous to.  As it is, i'm sure some would blame me anyways if massively got word of it regardless of who reported it.  But then again, I'd only be saying that my ethics pointing out such an open wrong doing........
I wouldn't because this is bad press and it could leak into what is happing to cox. Let co burn if that is how their community wants to be.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 07:20:43 PM »
I wouldn't because this is bad press and it could leak into what is happing to cox. Let co burn if that is how their community wants to be.

Alright, I'll leave it be then.  Thanks.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 07:22:37 PM »
And I certainly don't want anything bad to be happening to CoX over the happenings in CO.  We're supposed to be the good guys here.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 07:23:35 PM »
And I certainly don't want anything bad to be happening to CoX over the happenings in CO.  We're supposed to be the good guys here.
I agree :)

JennSpace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 09:17:19 PM »

Images of Planet of the Apes 2 pops into my head when I read your last sentence XDD ...next thing we know the next update will include a cult worshiping a nuclear missile god and those who saw the movie know how it will end!  :P

The human specie often caused it's own doom be it in movies or irl with the fall of Rome, Genghis Khan and the mogul empire, the holy wars, the witches of Salem, all the wars, it's only history repeating itself once again but this time, in CO...  :-\

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 09:43:17 PM »
Images of Planet of the Apes 2 pops into my head when I read your last sentence XDD ...next thing we know the next update will include a cult worshiping a nuclear missile god and those who saw the movie know how it will end!  :P

The human specie often caused it's own doom be it in movies or irl with the fall of Rome, Genghis Khan and the mogul empire, the holy wars, the witches of Salem, all the wars, it's only history repeating itself once again but this time, in CO...  :-\

Yeah, CO's community has always been teetering on the edge and it's almost always been its own worst enemy.  Just now because of the actions of the "nerf herders" as some call them people are calling the game a bait and switch.  It was the nerf herders idea to nerf vehicles so much and now people are angry.

I haven't seen trail turtle do anything about that post, :/.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 10:45:59 PM »
I was getting all nostalgic for CO and thinking about messing around with it again, but now I don't know.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 11:14:42 PM »
I was getting all nostalgic for CO and thinking about messing around with it again, but now I don't know.

Well, I wouldn't recommend spending any money on it, could try it out with an archtype though I'm not sure how enjoyable the game is with something underpowered :/.  It's hard for me to say much when I feel the game bait and switched me and others.

Edit: Alot of CO's problem is this vocal minority that seems to have to loud of a voice, comprised of try-hards of some variant or another wanting balance but often asking for changes that only benefit them.  These stop having fun guys and scrubs have been killing CO for a very long time and changes like the one made that cause people to feel they were bait-and-switched?  They just rub salt in the wound as a "victory dance".  They have no concept of the consequences of their actions and how they affect others and don't compromise, either, unfortunately.  So things like the plasma beam bait and switch happen and people leave over it regularly and it's gotten to the point that, as I said, people are calling it a bait and switch operation now.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 01:29:03 PM »

Coming onto a game forum and trashing the forum game in a post that has nothing to do with what you are talking about has already ruined your good guy street cred.

Some Faves:

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 02:16:19 PM »
Coming onto a game forum and trashing the forum game in a post that has nothing to do with what you are talking about has already ruined your good guy street cred.

Did you even see whats happening there?  Your assuming I want that game shutdown, let me guess, the jerk over there who trolls every, single, post I make there?

No, I don't want the game shut down.  Why do you think I even asked people here whether I should have mentioned that thread to massively or not?

Go get some fresh and and actually THINK before you post anything replying to me like this, really.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 02:44:07 PM »
I'm saying what does any of this have to do with Blood Moon and links to more easily navigate it. The topic of this post. Originally. Made by a guy with the tag CO for President.

FLAMER!

nya nya..

Some Faves:

jasinblaze

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 04:21:08 PM »
Another person stopped working on a wiki(a project of his) made his decision after being trolled very, very badly in zone chat to, saying the "Do it for the community aspect that drew me to this place is pretty diminished, as well".  I replied, not blaming him and just said the only winning move was not to play anymore.

It wasn't his project the wiki goes on.  also that person is my friend and he quit because of bad mojo on his vent channel mostly.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 04:51:44 PM »
I'm saying what does any of this have to do with Blood Moon and links to more easily navigate it. The topic of this post. Originally. Made by a guy with the tag CO for President.

FLAMER!

nya nya..

I understand ya man, but really I wasn't asking to be flamed.  You could have just said to make a new thread or something.  If you hadn't guessed i'm one of those who tends to get victimized alot by CO jerks.  I'll start a small thread on the topic to separate it from this thread.

I'm also kind of glad the wiki is able to go on at least, jasinblaze.  I didn't say much there as it's especially difficult for me to when someones constantly stalking me there and that same guys post hadn't been edited or anything when I told two community managers to do something about it.  I haven't spent any money on CO recently for alot of the same reasons he decided to stop, the overall attitude.  I don't hate CO itself, like it once in a while and would love to be able to play it once in a while but I don't feel the community there.