Author Topic: Naming things is the hardest part.  (Read 1071 times)

impiousimp

• Lieutenant
Naming things is the hardest part.
« on: October 29, 2014, 09:07:24 AM »
So I'm rebooting a friend's old webcomic, Lightbringer. 

If you know what it is, don't laugh.  If you look it up, don't laugh.

I already laughed.  Anyway we got a different spin on it and what bugs us are the names of the characters specifically lightbringer himself and darkbringer.

Give me a break.  Yeah Ican get behind a litteral representation of light and dark battling eachother but...

Okay so we haven't really given much thought to LB yet if we changed his name, but darkbringer?

His story is now that he is a normal man, a crook who rises to gain great dark power after basically getting his faced smashed in my our hero.  He takes the first chance at power he gets and pleges himself to a cult which worships darkness.  Darkness, in this universe, is a force of nature like the nothing from neverending story.

When he returns he is basically the harbinger of what's to come.  A servant of the dark powers, to act on its behalf to create chaos and.pull the world back to the darkages where It belongs..

Right now we are sitting on the codename warlock which is a word used for a male witch in service of the devil.  Not sure about that though.

Any thoughts?