Author Topic: What do you think of? (Black Harlequin)  (Read 1916 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
What do you think of? (Black Harlequin)
« on: December 01, 2014, 12:12:24 AM »
When you think: Black Harlequin and Holiday Event Return!

>>

The thing that sticks out in my mind most is.. the creepy music.. where the huge toy soldiers are.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:29:47 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: What do you think of?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:24:08 AM »
Honestly I remember the earlier days when it was just the big, giant teddy bear, Chalance I think his name was, and the tons of presents I often ended up getting in monster island or lemuria.  Those were fun days.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »
When they first advertised its return at first I was like "Oh cool, I forgot all about that one." The big fight is a good carnage run so I was looking forward to sending Deeps through it for the first time.

Then I was reminded of the creepy distortion of holiday music.

It creeped me out so much last year I eventually had to turn it off/down.

I'd put the creepy fight music right up there with anything from Takofanes' event.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 05:29:22 PM »
The music is still creepy/getting turned off and Black Harlequin: MotMS is still fun stuff. Destroy, destroy, then destroy some more.

If you don't know already, as you fight your way to BH you can skip everything but the big wooden Mecha soldiers (due to the mission tracker says defeat them to move on). Near the end you can run through a bunch of stuff and go straight to BH (due to the mission tracker says Defeat BH..).

Only one of the huge wooden soldiers has to go down at the end so it's normally best to be on the one who's bar is going down fastest.

The loot hasn't interested me. Dunno what drops that is interesting if anything. Still, it's a fun carnage run. With creepy music.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
Re: What do you think of? (Black Harlequin)
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 01:59:58 AM »
Just for completeness..

The wooden Mecha soldiers can be skipped too. Just wait until the Box of Presents (whatever the name is) they pop from is targetable, Destroy, rinse, repeat, as you run through. Skip that whole last part and run to BH. Fight BH until he poofs then clear out yard trash until the two huge mechas pop. Destroy one of them before they pwn j00.
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 02:24:56 AM »
I've run it about three times this year. I got the Harliqibus? (sp), and the steampunk goggles. A very nice player on the COX Channel gave me wind eye key I really wanted so I'm feeling fairly happy. :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 03:14:04 AM »
Yeah I think I have all the Steampunk stuff.

I run it due to fun factor and the scoreboard.

To me it's like Warlord meets Forum Malvanum (fun) without the loot.
Some Faves:

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 07:18:25 AM »
When you think: Black Harlequin and Holiday Event Return!

>>

The thing that sticks out in my mind most is.. the creepy music.. where the huge toy soldiers are.

The thing that sticks out most is, how much this "holiday event" suffers in comparison to Our Favorite Game. There does not seem to be much reward for participating? Maybe Im Doing It Wrong...?

Now, don't get me wrong. I have a level 37 having fun swimming around Lemuria in her bikini, with knives strapped to her legs and her ersatz "facemask" so that my disbelief can remain suspended. [Sorta.] I actually made her a special costume for this zone! And its been really fun. But this "holiday event" is a giant meh. I will just go fight sharks, zombies and robot pirates or whatever.

Hope one day City of Titans has an underwater zone. Its big fun.