Author Topic: Agents of SHIELD Season 2  (Read 16917 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Agents of SHIELD Season 2
« on: December 03, 2014, 03:31:56 AM »

It's going along fairly well...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Not sure where they are heading with the FitzSimmons stuff.

And I really hope ...
Spoiler for Hidden:
Mac isn't dead
because he's one of my favorite new characters.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
Re: Agents of SHIELD Season 2
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 04:00:20 AM »

Spoiler for Hidden:
Not sure where they are heading with the FitzSimmons stuff.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Well some of my slash-happy friends insist that she is a lebsian and they, in their ship-happy glasses, saw all sorts of subtext between her and skye... and frankly, I am beginning to get the impression they are not entirely wrong?
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 05:20:29 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Well some of my slash-happy friends insist that she is a lebsian and they, in their ship-happy glasses, saw all sorts of subtext between her and skye... and frankly, I am beginning to get the impression they are not entirely wrong?

Having just binge-watched the whole thing, I got the impression that Simmons wasn't even saying she wasn't interested in Fitz, it was just that she had about five seconds of "Oh! Hmm...", then nine days of "Oh crap he's going to die", then months of "He's so different now and I don't know how to help him", and she never really had a chance to process what the heck she felt about it all. And now Fitz wants to run away to the garage to hide. She might actually be up for a relationship, but how do you figure it out in the middle of all that?

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 03:12:21 AM »

SHIELD returns!

Things I can comment without feeling the need to be spoilerish: Skye's father is a jerk. They are definitely pushing the whole "Inhumans as Mutants" thing.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Fitz protecting Skye from Simmons is a nice touch.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 03:12:11 PM »
Fantastic episode.  The only disappointing thing for me is that Raina is no longer absolutely gorgeous.  It's good to have some more super powered characters but extra eye candy doesn't hurt either.  I suppose she might learn to transform.

As for Bobbi and Mac
Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm thinking S.W.O.R.D.  It would be a good way to integrate them into the MCU without needing to go full Skrull/Kree invasion.

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 09:20:50 PM »
I've heard some theories that Bobbi and Mack

Spoiler for Hidden:
are actually agents for a rival faction of SHIELD that doesn't really love Fury appointing Coulson to the post, and wants to set themselves up as the "real" SHIELD. Which kind of makes sense--I mean, Fury was in charge of a lot of stuff that went south, and someone making a clean break with that style of leadership might want to go elsewhere instead of following the guy who's Fury's handpicked choice and who was giving a lot of cryptic and/or insane orders the last few months that got half a dozen or so agents killed. I mean, sure, we all know what Coulson was up to, but to someone outside the base, it might look like he's a nutbag.

Also? Kyle MacLachlan is soooooooo good in this. "It's a lifelong dream. It's life long." "Then don't." SO GOOD.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 04:25:18 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

I like that a lot, but her reaction to all this seemed out of place.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 05:01:40 PM »
Skye's father is a jerk.[/spoiler]

Spoiler for Hidden:
He's actually not enough of a jerk. Comics Hyde tortured Jarvis almost to death (and the Black Knight, but he probably had it coming).

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 05:51:29 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:
And wouldn't be an awful twist to have Fitz as a Hydra mole.  Feinting his condition, "protecting" Daisy until he could hand her over to Hydra.  Not actually expecting that to happen.  Maybe.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 04:55:27 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
And wouldn't be an awful twist to have Fitz as a Hydra mole.  Feinting his condition, "protecting" Daisy until he could hand her over to Hydra.  Not actually expecting that to happen.  Maybe.

At this point:

Spoiler for Hidden:
I don't expect any further big revelations about "so-and-so is a HYDRA mole", simply because they'd have to explain why this person was a HYDRA mole in SHIELD's last secret base reporting directly to the new Director of SHIELD...and hasn't just ordered an airstrike or something. HYDRA has such a huge manpower advantage right now that if they knew where Coulson's team was, they would just straight up overwhelm them with soldiers. There's no advantage they could gain from keeping it a secret and gathering intelligence that could possibly be any greater than the advantage gained from capturing/killing everyone in the base and taking all their stuff. So anyone they've invited into the base either isn't HYDRA, or is holding the Idiot Ball on a level that would absolutely wreck the show. And I feel like the writers know that, so we won't see any surprise "Hail HYDRA" revelations like we got last season. I'm not saying I don't expect any more traitors...just no more HYDRA traitors.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 09:07:44 PM »
I checked on Monday night's assertion that there was a "big" moon on July 2, 1988, in case they're lying to Skye, and I am impressed. According to two different sources, the moon was just three days past full, so it would still have been mostly lit, and it was at perigee (closest approach to Earth). So it would, in fact, have looked bigger than usual. Someone really did their homework.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 06:42:58 AM »
Anyone else notice the giant Chekhov's Gun with the carrier?  Mockingbird was sent to scuttle it to keep whatever it's carrying from falling into Hydra's hands.

Could whatever it is be the reason for all the anti-alien/power fear from the Real SHIELD Agents of the Atlantic?
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 12:59:41 PM »
I hereby dub Raina the Precognitive Porcupine.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 11:26:25 PM »
I checked on Monday night's assertion that there was a "big" moon on July 2, 1988, in case they're lying to Skye, and I am impressed. According to two different sources, the moon was just three days past full, so it would still have been mostly lit, and it was at perigee (closest approach to Earth). So it would, in fact, have looked bigger than usual. Someone really did their homework.
They're being careful not to invoke the wrath of Neil Degrasse Tyson.  Nobody wants to start another Titanic debacle.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 02:17:44 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I wonder if the plan was to have Skye's mom be alive all long.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 02:50:21 AM »
Watching tonight's episode.  Had to Google "Echidna." :)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 02:56:57 AM »
Watching tonight's episode.  Had to Google "Echidna." :)

Somewhere in videogameland Knuckles is crying.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 11:10:23 AM »
Heh. I know the animal.  I was unfamiliar with the reference in Marvel comics.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 05:54:52 PM »
Kinda late to the discussion here, but anyone catch the reference Simmons made to the obscure character Hellcow back when she was undercover? It was pretty subtle, but I felt the need to Google it and sure enough there was a vampire cow named Hellcow in the comics. I've caught a couple references like that but I wonder how many I've missed.

On other news, Bobby and Hunter are getting a spin-off series. Curious to see where it goes :D

I've been loving the Inhumans stuff so far. This seems like a good way to bring in the mutants without incurring the wrath of Fox. Also there is an Inhumans movie scheduled for 2019, and we will theoretically be able to skip all the origin story because Agents of Shield will have had enough chance to cover that for YEARS by that point. Pretty cool.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 09:45:36 PM »
A bit odd that there's this whole compound of inhumans led by skye's mom who seem to have no connection to any of the inhumans from the comics other than having access to terrigen mists and knowing the history. maybe it's like rotc to the great refuge's army.