Author Topic: Agents of SHIELD Season 2  (Read 16918 times)

Battlechimp

• Boss
Re: Agents of SHIELD Season 2
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 02:06:37 AM »
A bit odd that there's this whole compound of inhumans led by skye's mom who seem to have no connection to any of the inhumans from the comics other than having access to terrigen mists and knowing the history. maybe it's like rotc to the great refuge's army.

Well I can see a few reasons why they'd have little to do with the In humans from the comics, story reasons and not just the we don't want to do the special FX and costumes for those characters on a TV show budget or we haven't cast Black Bolt or Medusa for the movie yet sort of reasons :)

Part I think is that almost all of the compound, with a couple exceptions, they're all potentials. They haven't been exposed to the mists yet.  So that puts them on slightly lower social level.  While exposed to some of the Inhumane history, they haven't been told of everything, which is why they're in a remote compound instead of Attilan itself.  They are being educated and evaluated on if they can allowed to join the Inhuman city proper.

And I think more importantly, most of the comics center around the royal family.  They don't just mingle with anyone, inhuman or not.  The royal family just does not mix with the common folk. I think it would at least be neat to have Karnac show up to represent the "Elders" that were mentioned.  As he would be the most non effects required character from the comics. 
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 03:34:37 AM »
I think it would at least be neat to have Karnac show up to represent the "Elders" that were mentioned.  As he would be the most non effects required character from the comics.

You might be underestimating the budget costs of an errol flynn moustache.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2015, 03:19:03 PM »
A bit odd that there's this whole compound of inhumans led by skye's mom who seem to have no connection to any of the inhumans from the comics other than having access to terrigen mists and knowing the history. maybe it's like rotc to the great refuge's army.

Actually I read a fairly recent Inhumans comic where the terrigen mists had recently been released on the world as a giant cloud, and they talked about how even before this there were multiple groups of Inhumans, not just the ones that followed Blackbolt. I am far from an Inhumans expert, I think that is the only Inhumans specific comic I have ever read because I generally found them to be boring versions of mutants in the past, but now I am ready to give them a shot.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 08:03:40 PM »
Actually I read a fairly recent Inhumans comic where the terrigen mists had recently been released on the world as a giant cloud, and they talked about how even before this there were multiple groups of Inhumans, not just the ones that followed Blackbolt. I am far from an Inhumans expert, I think that is the only Inhumans specific comic I have ever read because I generally found them to be boring versions of mutants in the past, but now I am ready to give them a shot.

Yeah that storyline was what really pushed the Inhumans up as a larger part of the Marvel universe.  Basically there are potentials for lack of a better word all over the place, and Inhuman is becoming the word people shout out insteadof mutant when people go lynching now.  The terrigen bombs created tons of new super powered people, bothgood and bad (the new Ms Marvel is an Inhuman)
But yeah, it really does seem that Marvel has decided to use them as the replacement for mutants in the last couple years
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2015, 08:34:23 PM »
Years ago didn't the Inhumans have something to do with Marvel's Eternals comic book?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2015, 09:43:54 PM »
Probably. The Eternals and the Deviants were prehuman experiments of the Celestials. The Inhumans were early human experiments of the Cree. I'm sure they crossed paths.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2015, 09:56:19 PM »
As I recall, the Kree came across some of the Eternals in Earth's solar system back in prehistory-- (I want to say they were the ones who wound up sponsoring the first Marvel Boy)-- and after defeating them, the Kree dissected the bodies and found them worthy of imitation. (The Eternals had not yet become immortal or obtained their full power yet).

So, basically the Inhumans were a bargain basement imitation of the Eternals made by the Kree rather than the Celestials.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2015, 06:58:12 PM »
But yeah, it really does seem that Marvel has decided to use them as the replacement for mutants in the last couple years

I'm sure this is exactly what is happening, Marvel has been pretty spiteful against Fox lately and it would not surprise me to see mutants featured less and less in the comics, especially after what happened with Fantastic Four.

For those of you that do not know, the way the contracts for the characters Fox has movie rights to works is that if Fox does not make movies for those characters every so many years the rights revert back to Marvel. Daredevil reverted (and Marvel made him an awesome show), Blade did, and Fantastic Four was juuuust about to when Fox announced the new movie. As a result Marvel cancelled the Fantastic Four comics all together.

NOW we are coming up on a massive reboot of all Marvel comic universes. My theory is that some characters that were mutants will be retconned into being Inhumans, or maybe people that thought they were mutants will find they were Inhumans all along. I doubt this will give Marvel much of a leg to stand on to fight for those characters back, but I still suspect they will try.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 04:49:51 AM »

Until Disney buys Fox to get mutantkind back.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 04:58:52 PM »
Until Disney buys Fox to get mutantkind back.

At this point it feels like that is what will have to happen, though who knows what it would take. Also, is it worth it? Yeah, mutants, but most of Fox's other properties are pretty worthless.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2015, 02:12:29 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
"I thought her gift was spinning really fast to collect gold rings."
Comedy gold!  ;D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2015, 03:10:45 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Comedy gold!  ;D

That was a good one.

In the preview it said "Inhumans" - is this the first time they are called this officially in the series or did I miss it in some other episode?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2015, 06:36:54 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Rayna predicting ultron was a nice touch. If they spoiler the movie in the next 3 episodes i'm gonna rage though.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 09:32:46 AM »
I like how Winter Soldier led into this series and now the series is leading the Age of Ultron.
Marvel is really good at these cross promotions.
DC cant do it as every TV property and movie franchise have nothing to do with each other.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2015, 05:03:07 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Comedy gold!  ;D

"Spoiler alert"

Another good one.  Hot pocket line was good too.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 05:53:41 PM »
In the preview it said "Inhumans" - is this the first time they are called this officially in the series or did I miss it in some other episode?

I've been watching the episodes on Amazon and several of the descriptions have had the word "Inhumans" in it. Also I think the official Marvel Youtube, which does frequent clips from each episode to generate interest, has mentioned the word a few times.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2015, 02:31:31 AM »
"Spoiler alert"

Another good one.  Hot pocket line was good too.
There were a whole lot of good lines in this one.  I haven't laughed that much in an Agents of SHIELD episode in a while.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2015, 04:25:31 PM »
Hellcow

Definitely thought you meant this: http://www.thetick.ws/livevillians.html

I've been loving the Inhumans stuff so far. This seems like a good way to bring in the mutants without incurring the wrath of Fox. Also there is an Inhumans movie scheduled for 2019, and we will theoretically be able to skip all the origin story because Agents of Shield will have had enough chance to cover that for YEARS by that point. Pretty cool.

Except that the movie audience and the TV audience are not the same. So there will be at least some sort of exposition.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2015, 04:52:37 PM »
There was a single-shot scene where Skye storms the medical bay where Lincoln is held.  As far as I can tell, it was actually the actor doing the scene, and not a stunt double.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3W_zZifedw

Fantastic!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2015, 12:08:35 AM »
There was a single-shot scene where Skye storms the medical bay where Lincoln is held.  As far as I can tell, it was actually the actor doing the scene, and not a stunt double.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3W_zZifedw

Fantastic!

I love how Skye is suddenly the Punisher in this episode and takes out all those Hydra agents in like 30 seconds and only used her power that one time.