Author Topic: Agents of SHIELD Season 2  (Read 16916 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: Agents of SHIELD Season 2
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2015, 02:48:32 AM »
Well she did spend the time between Season 1 and 2 and a fair chunk of Season 2 training with May so yes, she's also a badass fighter.

As for using her powers Vs a gun.  Well the two times she used them in the episode she had time to prepare.  Also we don't know if she's slotted for endurance and recharge yet.  Those guys came in quickly, in small groups, from several directions.  If fighting with a gun is now muscle memory it may simply be easier rather than using the new thing. 

Plus she couldn't help showing off to Ward, as a warning.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2015, 09:06:23 AM »
So if they are supposed to be Inhumans - would that make Gordon Lockjaw since that was his power?

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2015, 02:10:53 AM »
Hmm. That was a bit surprising. Part of it at least.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Skye's mom has always felt kind of shifty to me, but I was surprised they played Gonzales making a good faith effort for peaceful cooperation.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2015, 03:00:28 AM »

Spoiler for Hidden:
Skye's mom has always felt kind of shifty to me, but I was surprised they played Gonzales making a good faith effort for peaceful cooperation.

Yeah. I was expecting quite the opposite. What a sneaky b***h.

I hope this gets picked up for a 3rd season. I hate when shows have great season endings and then get cancelled.
Next week's looks like a doozy.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2015, 07:37:43 PM »
I hope this gets picked up for a 3rd season. I hate when shows have great season endings and then get cancelled.

Even if SHIELD gets cancelled, there will likely be closure for fans, since it's part of a grander universe. Unlike other shows, that leave the entire thing hanging.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2015, 08:01:12 PM »
Also keep in mind, Disney owns the network AoS is aired on. This only gets cancelled if Disney wants it to, and even then there are no messy rights issues like many cancelled shows have to deal with, if they wanted to move it to Netflix or anything in the future they don't have to worry about it.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2015, 12:24:15 AM »
Its too bad Coulson didn't go. Certainly the crystal would have worked on him since he has the alien DNA or blood or whatever in him.
Would be interesting to see what power he would get.

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2015, 01:23:26 AM »

Spoiler for Hidden:

In fairness,

Spoiler for Hidden:
it was the kind of "good faith" effort that relied pretty hard on the Inhumans voluntarily giving SHIELD all sorts of information about themselves and agreeing to be policed without any mention of anything in return. Not that I think it would have helped if he'd been more conciliatory--I think Jiayang had made up her mind--but it was still a B- effort at best.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2015, 04:02:21 AM »
Agents of shield and agent carter renewed for next season according to ign.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2015, 12:05:58 PM »
Agents of shield and agent carter renewed for next season according to ign.

Cool. And then there is that other spin off with Mockingbird and the other guy.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2015, 04:17:52 PM »
Cool. And then there is that other spin off with Mockingbird and the other guy.
Apparently that was given a pass in favour of Agent Carter.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2015, 06:30:02 PM »

Yeah, I saw a couple articles on this after the confirmation of renewing AoS and Carter.

I'm torn on it. Part of me wanted to see the show because then I get more Marvel stuff per week, but I also don't want to loose such good characters on AoS. Bobbi and Hunter were much needed additions when the Fitz-Simmons team was broken up (seems like now they are getting past things, but hard to say).

I think they could have carried a show just fine though, and I'm going to have hopes that if the people behind AoS really want this done they will have a better proposal next year for it, plus have a whole extra year to plan it out.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2015, 08:14:39 PM »

Works for me. I thought Carter was well done and maybe this next series they can move past the Captain America thing.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2015, 01:07:34 AM »
Yes, Agent Carter was different and original; HAMMER, or Mockingbird, or whatever, would just have been a retread of AoS, or at least something very similar.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2015, 02:25:19 AM »
Adrianne Palicki has the worst luck for TV shows...  :-[

tripthicket

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2015, 05:06:59 AM »

It's almost like she's a blood relative of Summer Glau, or something. :(

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2015, 06:03:22 AM »
I hope as long as we have Marvel movies, we have AoS to reflect what is going on in Marvel-verse outside the world of gods battling amongst themselves.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2015, 03:27:08 PM »

Well to be honest although she is very attractive her acting skills are meh at the best.  I couldn't see watching a show where she was a primary character rather than just part of the ensemble.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2015, 05:52:59 AM »
Yes, my whole response could be a spoiler.

Spoiler for Hidden:
We all assume that Afterlife aka the Inhuman Day Spa (thanks io9) was the result of Jiaying's encounter with Hydra.  That they simply want to be left alone in pease.

But what if Jiaying decided on a more offensive course of action.  She mentored Gordon before she was taken (flashback to young Gordon, no scars on Jiaying).  What if she's been forming a team of combat ready Inhumans.  Ones that could blend into normal society.  Even Gordon could pass with some eye wear but we haven't seen anyone similar to Raina there.  They were all taken somewhere else, disposed of or held for a later time.

What if Bahrain was a field test and not the story she told Skye?  Gordon fetched Cal because he was to "noisy" as they were nowhere near ready to move yet.  He's always been in on it but his mission was to find Skye.

Also Jiaying decides who goes though the mist.  Is she picking people who aligned with her beliefs or could be persuaded after their transition?  But now they are found by SHIELD I suspect Jiaying is going to set off a small mist bomb to convert as many there as possible, using the battle that Raina saw, and will now occur, as motivation to agree with Jiaying that it's time to fight back.  The survivors vanishing into society at large.  Seeding angry enhanced people at large, who need to be found as next season's mission leading up to the MCU Civil War.

Also I expect Lance to save Bobby's bacon.  Ward will escape and Agent 33 will be put down.

Now the only people we care about on the scene are May, Skye and Simmons.  Now wouldn't it be funny if Simmons becomes an Inhuman considering her feelings on the subject.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2015, 11:26:46 AM »
Yes, my whole response could be a spoiler.

Spoiler for Hidden:
We all assume that Afterlife aka the Inhuman Day Spa (thanks io9) was the result of Jiaying's encounter with Hydra.  That they simply want to be left alone in pease.

But what if Jiaying decided on a more offensive course of action.  She mentored Gordon before she was taken (flashback to young Gordon, no scars on Jiaying).  What if she's been forming a team of combat ready Inhumans.  Ones that could blend into normal society.  Even Gordon could pass with some eye wear but we haven't seen anyone similar to Raina there.  They were all taken somewhere else, disposed of or held for a later time.

What if Bahrain was a field test and not the story she told Skye?  Gordon fetched Cal because he was to "noisy" as they were nowhere near ready to move yet.  He's always been in on it but his mission was to find Skye.

Also Jiaying decides who goes though the mist.  Is she picking people who aligned with her beliefs or could be persuaded after their transition?  But now they are found by SHIELD I suspect Jiaying is going to set off a small mist bomb to convert as many there as possible, using the battle that Raina saw, and will now occur, as motivation to agree with Jiaying that it's time to fight back.  The survivors vanishing into society at large.  Seeding angry enhanced people at large, who need to be found as next season's mission leading up to the MCU Civil War.

Also I expect Lance to save Bobby's bacon.  Ward will escape and Agent 33 will be put down.

Now the only people we care about on the scene are May, Skye and Simmons.  Now wouldn't it be funny if Simmons becomes an Inhuman considering her feelings on the subject.

So she was doing what Adama accused Coulson of doing....