Author Topic: Agents of SHIELD Season 2  (Read 16923 times)

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
Re: Agents of SHIELD Season 2
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2015, 01:02:02 AM »
So if they are supposed to be Inhumans - would that make Gordon Lockjaw since that was his power?

Personally I call him "not Nightcrawler"

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2015, 02:37:56 AM »
Personally I call him "not Nightcrawler"

And then od course since they cant use the names we have Gordon instead of Gorgon.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2015, 04:28:28 AM »
And then od course since they cant use the names we have Gordon instead of Gorgon.

But Gordon has absolutely nothing to do with Gorgon.  One is a blind teleporter, the other is a super strong satyr.  Marvel isn't fudging their names, they're completely different characters. 
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »
But Gordon has absolutely nothing to do with Gorgon.  One is a blind teleporter, the other is a super strong satyr.  Marvel isn't fudging their names, they're completely different characters.

All I was saying is the names are similar.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2015, 09:45:08 PM »
Does it strike anyone else as odd that Skye's mother could heal from evisceration and having her organs in jars for an unspecified amount of time but can't heal the facial scars? I have to chalk it up to Joss Whedon's odd tendency to disfigure his pet actresses, which i previously thought only applied to Amy Acker but since she got through her guest appearance unscathed it has since moved on.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2015, 03:03:58 AM »
Wow, didn't see that coming for
Spoiler for Hidden:
Gemma

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2015, 03:30:34 AM »
Yeah.  Blink and you missed it, too.

But I suppose
Spoiler for Hidden:
that's science, biatch.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2015, 04:53:24 AM »
I thought the way May tricked Ward was priceless, though I was hoping they would get to fight again.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2015, 05:33:45 PM »
Wow, didn't see that coming for
Spoiler for Hidden:
Gemma

Yeah, I can't wait to see what that turns out to be.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I read a theory someone posted somewhere that it is a symbiote ala Venom, possibly even Venom since the object's liquid form did resemble it. While I highly doubt this, it did make an interesting read. Since Sony and Marvel are working together now they may allow use of the Venom character as well. In recent years in the comics the Venom symbiote has been on Flash Thompson (ex bully to Peter Parker), who goes by Agent Venom. He has been part of the Guardians of the Galaxy lately, and they have revealed a bit about the always mysterious symbiote, specifically that it is from a race called the Klyntar, and also that most races see the Klyntar as gross monsters. It is not unreasonable for the Kree to use this as a weapon.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2015, 05:52:12 PM »
Yeah, I can't wait to see what that turns out to be.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I read a theory someone posted somewhere that it is a symbiote ala Venom, possibly even Venom since the object's liquid form did resemble it. While I highly doubt this, it did make an interesting read. Since Sony and Marvel are working together now they may allow use of the Venom character as well. In recent years in the comics the Venom symbiote has been on Flash Thompson (ex bully to Peter Parker), who goes by Agent Venom. He has been part of the Guardians of the Galaxy lately, and they have revealed a bit about the always mysterious symbiote, specifically that it is from a race called the Klyntar, and also that most races see the Klyntar as gross monsters. It is not unreasonable for the Kree to use this as a weapon.

Well the Inhumans said this is dangerous to them. Gemma clearly feels the Inhumans are a threat. I am wondering if it will give her some powers to go after them.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2015, 05:54:45 PM »
I didn't get why the crystal was dangerous to Coulson. I thought, like Skye he would have gotten a power as he has Kree DNA in his body, just like Skye.

I'm guessing he will get a new arm somehow - either grown or a mechanical one.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2015, 07:03:18 PM »
Remember the crystals that they had are laced with the metal from the Diviners (they melted down 4 to grow more crystals).  Coulson wasn't a chosen one so it's as if you picked up a Diviner.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2015, 09:06:02 PM »
Remember the crystals that they had are laced with the metal from the Diviners (they melted down 4 to grow more crystals).  Coulson wasn't a chosen one so it's as if you picked up a Diviner.

I thought people with alien DNA could use the Diviners - like Skye and the girl that turned into Sonic.
I guess I missed the part of what makes a person chosen.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2015, 10:58:52 PM »
Alien DNA given as medication isn't the same as DNA manipulated by aliens thousands of years ago. Skye just happened to have both.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2015, 06:38:11 AM »
Same reason Skye didn't get the side effect that Coulson got.  She's got the DNA markers to allow her to become Inhuman, Coulson doesn't so ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
So does Coulson get a regen hand via Extremis (Iron Man 3) or a Cyborg replacement like Mike?  If he goes Cybernetic I'll bet at least one joke about Coulson running shield with an iron (or vibranium) fist.

Also this means AoS Season 2 is part of the Phase 2 MCU because every movie in Phase 2 someone lost a hand or arm, even if it was temporary.  An inside joke about Empire Strikes Back.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:51:28 AM by FatherXmas »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2015, 05:27:06 PM »
Same reason Skye didn't get the side effect that Coulson got.  She's got the DNA markers to allow her to become Inhuman, Coulson doesn't

I am guessing it is the same reason Skye never started carving. While part of me likes the subtlety of the explanations behind some of the plot points of the show, leaving it up to the viewers to put some pieces together, I hope that choosing to not have Coulson or Gemma do a brief aside of "Oh, this is why this..." does not bite them in the foot with the audience they are drawing of people who dont follow comics and look for these things.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2015, 06:29:31 AM »
I am guessing it is the same reason Skye never started carving. While part of me likes the subtlety of the explanations behind some of the plot points of the show, leaving it up to the viewers to put some pieces together, I hope that choosing to not have Coulson or Gemma do a brief aside of "Oh, this is why this..." does not bite them in the foot with the audience they are drawing of people who don't follow comics and look for these things.
The movies are really tuned to be general audience friendly (sometimes to their detriment, like ironman 3) AoS is definitely more tuned fr the hard core comic fan. and that's fine.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2015, 04:15:47 PM »
I seem to remember that there was some anger amongst the Inhumans that Skye was not "chosen", and that she cheated to get her exposure to the mist.  Like she cut to the front of the line or something.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2015, 02:56:34 AM »
Season 2 recently popped up on Netflix.  I just finished watching it and wow... Kudos for introducing Mr. Hyde as such a monster, then turning him into a sympathetic character.  But a hefty fist shake and a "you bastards!" for that cliffhanger finale.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.