Author Topic: Valiance Online  (Read 103818 times)

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
Re: Valiance Online
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2015, 03:49:26 PM »
Another screenshot blitz! This time showing off upcoming user interface upgrades, weapon holster locations and the Combat Room where you test your powers (with upgraded shaders)...

https://valianceonline.wordpress.com/2015/07/08/ui-weapon-holsters-and-combat-room/

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2015, 04:19:34 PM »
Looking good, Valiance!

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2015, 04:23:54 PM »
Thanks!

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2015, 04:26:09 PM »
I really like the tech shot.  I want more sci-fi things.

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2015, 05:09:16 PM »
That's the plan!

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2015, 05:55:30 PM »
It's looking beautiful.

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2015, 01:59:59 PM »

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2015, 06:37:49 AM »
I downloaded the launcher a couple of days ago, and have been trying to get it going. It starts updating, but, at about 32% of the way done, I get this message where the red progress bar was:

Checksum invalid for http://192.187.108.146/xampp/content/Data/LauncherPayloads/WindowsPlayer/Valiance_Launcher_32bit_Data/sharedassets0.assets.0012.dat.

Is this being worked on? I was last in before it went open pre-alpha, and I'd reeeealy like to see it again.

Some time after I posted this, I found that my laptop seemed to be able to download the updates okay (more or less), while my desktop computer had the above problem. So, I learned to let my laptop download it, and I copied the folder to the desktop. But now, neither computer will cooperate.

To clarify: when it displays this message, it sometimes ends in /sharedassets0.assets.[4-digit number].dat, and sometimes, it's /resources.assets.[4-digit number].dat. The 4-digit number, at the end, changes with each try of the same download, and the 'sharedassets0' and 'resources' part will switch occasionally, but the number of files, and total size, to be downloaded doesn't. I tried removing the target folder and letting it re-create it, but that didn't work, either. Help?

(I'm using Vista on the desktop, and Win7 on the laptop. Both used to be able to download the updates okay, before the desktop became recalcitrant, so I don't think that the OS is the problem. And my VO zipfile is dated 1/27/15.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 06:45:18 AM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2015, 02:14:28 PM »
Some time after I posted this, I found that my laptop seemed to be able to download the updates okay (more or less), while my desktop computer had the above problem. So, I learned to let my laptop download it, and I copied the folder to the desktop. But now, neither computer will cooperate.

Will pass this on to the team and see what they come up with. Thanks for letting us know.

Also, wanted to let people know our server is down for a combat overhaul (animations, ragdoll deaths, visual/sound effects, damage system). The female model and content updates are up next. Will announce when they are ready!

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2015, 02:35:33 PM »
Here is a look at the upgraded female character model which will be in-game soon as well as some work-in-progress user interface designs for the enhancement system.

https://valianceonline.wordpress.com/2015/07/16/updated-female-model-and-enhancement-ui/

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2015, 12:13:53 AM »
I was finally able to actually log on and play! (I have a new puter, and I think my old one just couldn't handle it.) Anyway, had to make a male (females not available yet) and here are some pics. It looks good so far!

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2015, 04:44:07 PM »
A look at some more work-in progress including user interface updates with Archetype icons and more hairstyles for the female character models!

Mister Hassenpheffer

• Boss
    • 3D printouts?!
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2015, 05:27:11 PM »
It's like a dream!  I love it!

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2015, 03:47:51 PM »
Thanks!  :)

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2015, 06:25:27 PM »
Icons for our melee power sets... in Technicolor! :D

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2015, 07:52:14 PM »
Looks cool. Wondering what exactly mimetic weaponry could possibly mean?

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2015, 08:46:06 PM »
Looks cool. Wondering what exactly mimetic weaponry could possibly mean?

You can form weapon constructs to aid yourself in battle, diversity is the key and you can create the right weapon for the job at a second's notice. Mimetic Weaponry attacks are as varied in effect as they are in appearance, giving you a great deal of utility.

It's not in the icon pic, but we'll have this kind of melee as an option too...

We have over 80 power sets at various stages of development currently.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2015, 10:52:35 PM »
Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking you'd somehow mimic the weapons of whatever opponent you were fighting or something.

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2015, 04:05:18 PM »
Check out some work-in-progress concept art of future updates to our character creator...

https://valianceonline.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/character-creation-update/

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2015, 05:08:18 PM »
I'm not in a position to download VO for a little while yet. The images I've seen of the characters, the legs are all impossibly long. For instance, the example dude from the previous post has legs that are nearly 1.5x the length of his torso (including head). That's so outside the scope of human growth as to look bad. Is it possible to reduce the legs to something that is more standard? People are generally about seven heads tall (using their own head for measuring, as heads come in different sizes - e.g. taller people also have bigger heads!). That dude is about 8.5-9 heads tall.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal