Author Topic: Valiance Online  (Read 103786 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: Valiance Online
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2014, 11:45:10 PM »
I am using an old zip for the program...is there a newer version? Is it possible to post a direct link to the latest version? Thank you! (I do have a forum account)
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2014, 01:14:23 AM »
I am using an old zip for the program...is there a newer version? Is it possible to post a direct link to the latest version? Thank you! (I do have a forum account)

I was using the old zip file too and had the same problem.  Then I went to their website and downloaded the new zip file and I was able to get in.  I hope that helps.

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2014, 01:52:58 AM »

Just wanted to say that the snowstorm effect looks great! Also, it is nice to be able to swim under water.

batgirl

• Minion
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2014, 03:38:05 AM »
I have been away for the holidays, but so far I am loving Valiance Online :)

The only thing that gets me is the turn rate.  I literally get sick after playing for too long.  I play with the keys and not the mouse so there is no speed reduction for the keys yet.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2014, 04:38:31 AM »
I am quite stunned by the work that's been done. Frankly, I'm far more excited by seeing actual in-engine stuff rather than the hopes and prayers of City of Titans (no offense to those guys, but it's been 2 years now, come on...).

I also wanted to point out *from my understanding* some of the game uses code from another game that's also in the works. So some of the coding work was already done, if I remember correctly.

I'm not a CoT backer I just thought it'd be fair to point that out.

Anyways back to the topic at hand, Planning anything for New Years? ;)

I'll have to work but I'd love to see screen shots ect.. and I plan to log back in on my next day off to pew pew some more. :P

mobbyg

• Minion
  • Ultra Knight Lives!!
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2014, 05:37:12 AM »
Hopped on tonight to play around with the new Mac client. It works! It was like being home again.
I wait with anticipation for the next update!  ;D ;D ;D

batgirl

• Minion
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2014, 05:47:01 AM »
Very cool! On Mac too eh? NICE! :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2014, 02:38:04 PM »
I love the way things are progressing with the patches. Every time I log on after a patch, I can actually see another area that has been fixed up a bit. Even in the character creator I can see it! So cool.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2014, 04:40:11 PM »
Mac Client!? Awesome!!   :D

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2015, 06:08:11 PM »
Open pre-alpha testing information here:

http://valiance.shogn.net/game/news/article/35-open-pre-alpha-testing

If you have a client from last year it will not work and you should remove everything and download and install the new one.

The client now auto-updates so you shouldn't have to do that again...

The Settings button is now available at the Login and Character Select screens so you can change the graphics settings in case that is what is keeping you from getting in-game (you should turn graphics down to "Fastest" and shut off "Experimental Optimizations" and "Auto-Adjust Quality Level").

Right now, Windows is our primary development platform while we're in pre-alpha but when we patch we will also release an updated Mac client as soon as possible. Trying to get a Linux client built but having some issues with Unity. There are instructions for playing in Linux on our forums though:

http://valiance.shogn.net/forum/9-news-blogs/3849-i-got-it-working-in-linux

Next patch is going to have the new animation system and character models we've been working on, will have more news on that soon.

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2015, 06:18:02 PM »
Oh the snow in the sewers thing... and inside buildings... etc.

We went a bit overboard with the snow obviously... but we did warn people a freak winterstorm was coming. ;)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2015, 06:42:15 AM »
I downloaded the launcher a couple of days ago, and have been trying to get it going. It starts updating, but, at about 32% of the way done, I get this message where the red progress bar was:

Checksum invalid for http://192.187.108.146/xampp/content/Data/LauncherPayloads/WindowsPlayer/Valiance_Launcher_32bit_Data/sharedassets0.assets.0012.dat.

Is this being worked on? I was last in before it went open pre-alpha, and I'd reeeealy like to see it again.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2015, 05:54:55 PM »
*deleted message because I didn't read Super Firebugs post clearly (half asleep lol)*

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2015, 08:18:44 PM »
I downloaded the launcher a couple of days ago, and have been trying to get it going. It starts updating, but, at about 32% of the way done, I get this message where the red progress bar was:

Checksum invalid for http://192.187.108.146/xampp/content/Data/LauncherPayloads/WindowsPlayer/Valiance_Launcher_32bit_Data/sharedassets0.assets.0012.dat.

Is this being worked on? I was last in before it went open pre-alpha, and I'd reeeealy like to see it again.

Let us know if you are still having problems once the new patch goes up. Thanks!

batgirl

• Minion
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2015, 12:36:48 AM »
I think Valiance the underdog .. by having a year headstart on testing will be the darkhorse that wins it all.

Not being in that city is starting to feel as bad as not being in Atlas.

Yes.. it's me .. VO :) Potter! :)

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2015, 05:31:09 PM »
We've updated to a new, new map and updated character models and animations. We're also in the process of preparing to (re)implement missions and add many more powers and costume pieces along with many other improvements on the road to Steam. :)

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2015, 01:56:00 AM »
I wish I had given my money to valiance online or AP Revival. With no where near the funding or staff they seem to somehow be running circles around CoT. I appreciate the fact that these two projects are focused on rolling up their sleeves and building their respective games... Instead of posting updates that always seem to come from the composition department with stories that are intended to occupy our time and anxiety. So really, with the most funding and staff how is it possible that they have the least to show for it?

(Edit): keep up the great work guys! We all appreciate it!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2015, 02:42:49 AM »
Keep in mind that the engine VO is built on took seven years to develop to the point it was at when they replaced the old content with superheroes. So, yeah, of course they're going to be running circles around CoT.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2015, 01:13:16 PM »
I was on last night.  They have yet another new landing zone and enemies are back.

The server data was apparently wiped as I had to re-register. 

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2015, 03:17:46 PM »
I was on last night.  They have yet another new landing zone and enemies are back.

The server data was apparently wiped as I had to re-register.

The previous areas were testing zones. The current one, with a lot of additions over time, will be our new starter area... and yes we had to wipe unfortunately due to all the changes made to the animation system. :gonk: