Author Topic: Valiance Online  (Read 104189 times)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
Re: Valiance Online
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2015, 04:07:48 PM »
I can only say that is one huge zone.

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2015, 06:00:37 PM »
Um... Thank you!  8)

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2015, 06:16:15 PM »
A couple of new blog posts...

One is a look at Central Hall...

https://valianceonline.wordpress.com/2015/09/25/location-location-location/

The other reveals details about our upcoming move to Alpha!

https://valianceonline.wordpress.com/2015/09/25/say-hello-to-my-little-friends/

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2015, 08:01:53 PM »
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2015, 04:49:44 AM »
Is it possible to do the missions that we get from contacts, or are we just testing mission-dispensing? I haven't been able to figure out where the fence is that I'm supposed to take down, or the guard station where I'm supposed to do it. It's Henry Glasser's mission; I'm assuming that the building he works at is the one he's standing near, since he'd be interested in getting back to work once I'm done.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2015, 09:59:11 PM »
Are you, or will you be, working on a pre-made CoH-type keymapping layout that we can select? It'd be REALLY nice.

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2015, 02:54:00 PM »
Will followup on your questions shortly, but first...

Thanks to an unannounced server migration by our hosting company, the game server is down. We will update with more information when we have it.  :gonk:

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2015, 05:13:32 PM »
Are you, or will you be, working on a pre-made CoH-type keymapping layout that we can select? It'd be REALLY nice.

This would be awesome. I liked being able to use arrow keys for direction if I chose, as well as assigning various keys for various functions. (If I understand Keymapping layout correctly)
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2015, 12:12:43 AM »
Will followup on your questions shortly, but first...

Thanks to an unannounced server migration by our hosting company, the game server is down. We will update with more information when we have it.  :gonk:

The server must have migrated south for the winter, if it's taking this long to find it. ;)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2015, 01:04:50 AM »
This would be awesome. I liked being able to use arrow keys for direction if I chose

All current and most of the previous mmos including coh have this functionality so it wouldn't make sense for them not to have this as an option. In fact you can completely bind every movement and ability to whatever keys you want in most cases even print screen (although I'm not going to recommend doing that for obvious reasons). And wow... you actually want to use arrow keys to look around?

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2015, 04:39:32 AM »
The latest information I was able to find about Valiance was a Google + post dated 11/06/15. Does anyone  have anything later than that?

I wonder if they lost their PR person.

They were doing a nice job building up momentum and now they've let it slide again.... :(

batgirl

• Minion
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2015, 05:52:22 AM »
All current and most of the previous mmos including coh have this functionality so it wouldn't make sense for them not to have this as an option. In fact you can completely bind every movement and ability to whatever keys you want in most cases even print screen (although I'm not going to recommend doing that for obvious reasons). And wow... you actually want to use arrow keys to look around?
I prefer arrow keys too

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2015, 02:55:25 PM »
Sorry it's been so quiet but here are a couple new posts from our blog. One has some news and pics and the other is about the "competition" between us and other people making superhero MMOs...

https://valianceonline.wordpress.com/2015/12/17/catching-up/

https://valianceonline.wordpress.com/2015/12/18/wars-not-make-one-great/

We're hoping to have our new website (with funding options) and/or server with updated build of the game up shortly. Stay tuned. :D

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2015, 10:42:13 PM »
The Server Awakens! 8)

Patch notes, download link, new website testing and more information can be found at the link below!

https://valianceonline.wordpress.com/2015/12/25/the-server-awakens/

Some additional notes...

If having install errors, then clean out everything (including the launcher shortcut and unzipped install files) and try again. Most important, delete the folder at c:\WindowsPlayer (unless you put it elsewhere).

We're aware of and working on three major bugs: blackout/darkness zones; no health regen; chatting but movement keys still function. Stay tuned!

We are doing our best to reply to social media posts and support emails but it's a holiday weekend so please be patient. The game was ready for testing and we figured people didn't want to wait until Monday. Thanks for your support and Happy Holidays!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2015, 01:06:41 AM »
Congrats on getting that new server up and running.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2015, 02:49:22 PM »
Congrats on getting that new server up and running.  :)

Thank you. The move took some doing but now we can focus on development again... well, not like we didn't stop during the move... or Thanksgiving... or Christmas... or... well, you get the gist. Chaining the developers to their desks really paid off! ;)

ValianceOnline

• Lieutenant
    • Valiance Online
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2015, 04:08:08 PM »

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2016, 09:06:20 AM »
Massively Overpowered provided a link to the preview of Valiance Online's new website. It looks great--congratulations!

BoundKitty

• Underling
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2016, 09:09:31 AM »
I wanted to let you know that I tried out your pre-alpha on my trusty, aged laptop and was definitely impressed at what you guys have gotten together, as well as how well the client ran on said laptop. It's an old ASUS lappy from 2008 with a Geforce GTX 260M graphics card and a Core 2 Duo 2.53 Ghz processor, and I was getting 25-30 FPS in 1440x900 full screen with minimum graphics options enabled. So, kudos! I'm looking forward to where your project goes from here.

Soul Resonance

• Boss
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2016, 04:41:04 AM »
Not Bad!
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.