Author Topic: You know you're an old CO pro when...  (Read 3217 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
You know you're an old CO pro when...
« on: December 31, 2014, 11:40:00 PM »
The login server is down for hours on a holiday and you're not even outraged.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: You know you're an old CO pro when...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 02:32:43 AM »
The login server is down for hours on a holiday and you're not even outraged.

Sigh.

It's still down too. Robot Rex the Cowboy is going to miss his daily appointment to kick Mechanon's butt.

Star Trek Online is playable but chat and Foundry are down.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 03:02:30 AM »
There was just an update that there should be an update soon.

I think I'm partially to blame for all the downtime lately. After 3 months I finally let Xev out of the Powerhouse and have been trying to level him.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 09:59:11 AM »
When you play the game and get nostalgia feelings of how the game played in it's earlier days, and still remember the downtime :).
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 07:41:38 PM »
When you still anticipate the special upgrades from the lair fights.
Spess

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 07:44:30 PM »
When you still anticipate the special upgrades from the lair fights.

That was before my time. :D

I started right around the time vehicles showed up.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 08:55:09 PM »
It really is a shame that lairs aren't more rewarding. They're cool but the risk vs. reward isn't. Elite mode needs luv too. I think only Resistance is currently worth running on Elite, rewardwise.
Some Faves:

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 05:19:20 PM »
...you're not surprised that, five days into the month, they still don't have the Gold-Rewards Costume Piece of the Month available.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 08:09:44 PM »
...you're not surprised that, five days into the month, they still don't have the Gold-Rewards Costume Piece of the Month available.
actually they do, it is the hockey stick. (whoowho (sarcasm) I found it last night.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 06:37:12 PM »
actually they do, it is the hockey stick. (whoowho (sarcasm) I found it last night.

You know your an old CO vet when you expect more for a monthly award :).

You also know your an old CO vet when you remember force cascade spam allowed from rec/endurance and the catalyst mods when crafting was useful! :)  Edit: There was never anything like firing 8-10 force cascades off in a row.

(That, actually IS nostalgia from me)
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 11:12:15 PM »
You know you're a CO vet when you're probably one of the few people who knows how to use demorecord for more than screenshots.
Spess

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 12:01:42 AM »
It really is a shame that lairs aren't more rewarding. They're cool but the risk vs. reward isn't. Elite mode needs luv too. I think only Resistance is currently worth running on Elite, rewardwise.

Very few things give good rewards.  CO has become just a platform to sell box keys and costume pieces.  Those are the only things they update and the only things they care about.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 01:29:51 AM »
Very few things give good rewards.  CO has become just a platform to sell box keys and costume pieces.  Those are the only things they update and the only things they care about.

Being a big CO fan my initial reaction to this isn't positive, but, you're right. Especially about the box keys. Which you get many more of when you SUB/Pay.

I'm all for having Subscription incentives but this does suck. Even as a subscriber I want ways to earn things in game with my uberness. Not just given to me on a silver platter in the form of lockbox keys.

It's borderline disgusting.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 01:42:24 AM by Xev »
Some Faves: