Author Topic: Paragon X 2: All hail the Chief.  (Read 1930 times)

b3y0nd3r

• Underling
Paragon X 2: All hail the Chief.
« on: February 17, 2015, 04:53:24 AM »
Paragon X:
All hail the Chief.
Barracuda paced impatiently in the waiting room to the Oval Office. Her personal bodyguard, Icecap, sat watching her pace.  She said to herself, "We've been here an hour! How much longer is the old fool going to keep us waiting?"
"Be careful Cuda, his spies could be listening!"
"Be quiet Icecap, this is not Arachnos anymore. I am the Chief of his Secret Police. If there are any spies, then I am in charge of them."
Icecap casually crossed his legs. "No one can appreciate your..POSITION more than I." The innuendo was clear. Icecap fancied Barracuda for a long time. He made several advances toward her and often joked, rather poorly, about how if anyone should give the "cold shoulder", it should be him instead of her. Barracuda was annoyed, yet again, at his sexual advances as well as the fact that she is still waiting. She slammed her fist into the wall and cracked it.
The doors to the oval office swung open and there stood Chief Administrator, Shadow Spider. "What the hell is going on out here?"
"I am sorry, Chief Administrator, but I am anxious to see the President."
Shadow Spider walked over to Barracuda and came face to face with her. "'Cuda, Control your child-like outbursts or face the consequences!"
A voice from with-in the Oval Office shouted out, "ENOUGH! Chief Administrator Spider, send in Security Chief Barracuda...please." Spider looked at Barracuda and then Icecap who had a wicked smile on his face. "You may now see the President."

President Ernesto Rodriguez sat at the presidential desk. On it was various electronic equipment and stacks of papers. As they entered, Barracuda always made Icecap stand by the door. She approached the desk and leaned toward the President.
"Sir, I have new information regarding the task force at The Rift."
President Rodriguez waved his hand, almost like a man commanding his dog, to have her sit down into the chair. Barracuda sat, but was still leaning toward the desk. "Now Chief, first, we need to address your manners. You need to control that legendary temper of yours."
"Excuse me sir, but this legendary temper was one of the reasons you hired me as Security Chief. I get things done!"
"Still, Barracuda, you are required to behave when in 'my house'. Now, what have you to report?"
Barracuda sat back in the chair. She realized that he has gone soft. Much softer than from "the old days" when he was known as, "Black Scorpion". She began her report. "The Rift has stopped growing for now. Dr. Aeon 3 now feels the it is more of a dimensional tear in the Earth rather than just a large hole as first believed. The Vindicators are still guarding the area and there doesn't seem to be any activity."
The President stood up and looked out the large window. "And what of the Rikti problem? Have you heard from Dr. Aeon 1? Is he any closer to finding out why all the humans turned into Rikti and why the ghosts of the world became human again?"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:39:39 PM by b3y0nd3r »