Author Topic: Suggestions/tips?  (Read 21864 times)

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
Suggestions/tips?
« on: February 20, 2015, 06:49:46 AM »
Hi everyone.

Since this will be my main if/when the game comes back. I was hoping to get some Suggestions and Tips on the build I've come up with so far.

I basically want the build to be a generally good build all around. I want to be able to team and solo well (don't really need to farm at +4x8 but would like to be able to farm somewhat). Since this will be my main, I want to get him all the bell and whistles (except pvp IOs) so purples ect.. are fine.

Any Suggestion and Tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.96
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

NecThermal: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Necromancy
Secondary Power Set: Thermal Radiation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Zombie Horde -- SvgnRt-Acc/Dmg(A), SvgnRt-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SvgnRt-Acc/EndRdx(7), SvgnRt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SvgnRt-Acc(11), SvgnRt-PetResDam(17)
Level 1: Warmth -- H'zdH-Heal(A), H'zdH-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Mrcl-Heal(43), Mrcl-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 2: Fire Shield -- RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), RctvArm-ResDam(5), RctvArm-EndRdx(5)
Level 4: Cauterize -- H'zdH-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(A), H'zdH-Heal(43), Mrcl-Heal(45), Mrcl-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 6: Enchant Undead -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9), RechRdx-I(9)
Level 10: Super Speed -- Zephyr-ResKB(A)
Level 12: Grave Knight -- ExVuln-DefDeb(A), ExVuln-DefDeb/Rchg(13), EdctM'r-PetDef(13), CmdPres-PetRes(15), CotMastermind-Rchg/PetAoEDef(15), ExVuln-DefDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(17)
Level 14: Plasma Shield -- RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), RctvArm-ResDam(34), RctvArm-EndRdx(37), S'fstPrt-ResDam/Def+(37), S'fstPrt-ResKB(37)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LkGmblr-Rchg+(A), Winter-ResSlow(50), Zephyr-ResKB(50)
Level 18: Soul Extraction -- DisWord-ToHitDeb(A), DisWord-ToHitDeb/Rchg(19), DisWord-ToHitDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(19)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(A), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21), LkGmblr-Rchg+(21)
Level 22: Power of the Phoenix -- Amaze-Stun/Rchg(A), Amaze-Acc/Stun/Rchg(23), Amaze-Acc/Rchg(23), Amaze-EndRdx/Stun(33), Amaze-ToHitDeb%(34)
Level 24: Tactics -- GSFC-Build%(A), GSFC-ToHit/EndRdx(25), GSFC-Rchg/EndRdx(25), GSFC-ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(27), GSFC-ToHit/Rchg(27), GSFC-ToHit(29)
Level 26: Vengeance -- LkGmblr-Rchg+(A), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 28: Lich -- S'bndAl-Dmg(A), S'bndAl-Dmg/Rchg(29), S'bndAl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), S'bndAl-Acc/Rchg(31), S'bndAl-Dmg/EndRdx(31), S'bndAl-Build%(33)
Level 30: Super Jump -- Zephyr-ResKB(A)
Level 32: Dark Empowerment -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Forge -- Rec'dRet-Pcptn(A), Rec'dRet-ToHit/Rchg(36), AdjTgt-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(36), AdjTgt-ToHit(36)
Level 38: Static Discharge -- Ragnrk-Dmg/Rchg(A), Ragnrk-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Ragnrk-Acc/Rchg(39), Ragnrk-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Ragnrk-Knock%(40)
Level 41: Electrifying Fences -- GravAnch-Immob/Rchg(A), GravAnch-Acc/Immob/Rchg(42), GravAnch-Acc/Rchg(42), GravAnch-Immob/EndRdx(42), GravAnch-Hold%(43)
Level 44: Stealth -- LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(A), LkGmblr-Def/Rchg(46), LkGmblr-EndRdx/Rchg(46), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Melt Armor -- LdyGrey-DefDeb(A), LdyGrey-DefDeb/Rchg(48), LdyGrey-DefDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(48), LdyGrey-DefDeb/EndRdx(48), LdyGrey-%Dam(50)
Level 49: Heat Exhaustion -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Numna-Regen/Rcvry+(A), RgnTis-Regen+(40), Mrcl-Rcvry+(40)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- P'Shift-End%(A)
------------

P.S. It's been so long I can't remember how to put the little window thing in there. :(

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
Re: Suggestions/tips?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 09:23:07 AM »
Looking over my build I realized I hadn't gotten all the Pet Defense uniques.

The only way I can see that I can get all of them. Is to slot them in Soul Extraction. If I did that would I still get the bonuses constantly or only when I use Soul Extraction? Is there anywhere else I can slot for the defense bonuses that I'm missing?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 01:25:16 PM »
I just glanced at it quickly as it's almost 8am here, but you could stick it in lich - no reason to six slot soulbound. not terribly clear you wouldn't be better off with a different pet set altogether (maybe 4 command of the mm since you're building for recharge and not hp/reg). also you don't really need the placate/taunt resist proc unless you plan to pvp so you could stick it in grave knight.

in general though what are you trying to do with this build? you don't have any of your attacks, no resistance, no softcaps and gimped grave knights. you have a lot of recharge in there but the only thing you really need a lot for is melt armor, which will only be up every 47 seconds even if you take spiritual core and forge (both of those could get more recharge from slotting as well - I'd switch out the lady grey proc for the r/e and the adj. targeting to hit for rech). I'm not a big MM player so others would be better at advising you on a direction but it seems as if there are quite a few holes to plug. i'd take out stealth in favor of charged armor and throw a stealth IO into sprint. can use the extra slot you get there for more recharge in forge. that's all i can really think of without spending more time, will look at it more later if some MM sages haven't chimed in.

Hope this helps

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 07:59:30 PM »
Thanks for the feed back.

It's just a general use MM for Teaming, TFs, Incarnate and solo play.

I don't usually take any attacks in a MM set (except my Demon/Storm cause Whips are fun). Since it's a general build and my pets will do all the fighting. I figured I'd focus on recharge (For if/when my pets die, I can resummons), damage, End recovery and Regen.

Mostly End Recovery since I'll be spamming heals and buffs, Recharge for if/when the pets go down. So I can bring them back up quickly. That's the reason I wanted the defense aura from the sets. To make them alittle bit sturdier. Damage because my main source of damage will be from my pets. So I want them to be able to hit as hard as possible.

Then I was trying to sneak a little defense in for myself incase I took a few hits. LOL!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 04:26:41 AM »
yeah i'm just worried that your attacks are both AOEs - with no resist at all it only takes one aggroed boss to cause serious problems (of course having it spread to pets will mitigate that some). are you just using those as purple mules?

aren't you worried about boredom? the pets should be pretty hardy with therm shields, -to hits, and procs. other than forge and the occasional single target heal it seems like you could put the aoe heal on auto and be afk apart from moving to the next mob.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 04:16:59 PM »
I'm curious as to why the secondary you chose? It will work fine while teaming but, IMO, there are better choices when soloing that will leave you just as capable while on a team.
Was it a concept thing or am I missing something in /Therm that I should be seeing?

The other question is how much damage does the Lich put out? You have him slotted for damage but I was under the impression he was more of a control pet.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 10:25:40 PM »
yeah i'm just worried that your attacks are both AOEs - with no resist at all it only takes one aggroed boss to cause serious problems (of course having it spread to pets will mitigate that some). are you just using those as purple mules?

aren't you worried about boredom? the pets should be pretty hardy with therm shields, -to hits, and procs. other than forge and the occasional single target heal it seems like you could put the aoe heal on auto and be afk apart from moving to the next mob.

I just love AoE damage LOL! If I get Agro, then I'll just kite while my pets regain agro.

I'm curious as to why the secondary you chose? It will work fine while teaming but, IMO, there are better choices when soloing that will leave you just as capable while on a team.
Was it a concept thing or am I missing something in /Therm that I should be seeing?

The other question is how much damage does the Lich put out? You have him slotted for damage but I was under the impression he was more of a control pet.

I chose Thermal for fun, I thought it'd be cool. To watch zombies run around on fire. :P, I didn't realize Lich was a control pet but I've never done a serious Necro build before.

Lich is a control pet but I don't get any options to put control related IOs in him? I get the option for pet IOs, KB IOs, To Hit Debuff IOs, and Accurate healing IOs. From what I can tell he's capped on damage thought. With the way I have him slotted.

I moved some things around a little bit. Here's the slightly updated builds.

I guess I could go with a different secondary since the novelty of watching zombies run around on fire. Would probably wear off. LOL!

Any suggestions on a different secondary, if I was to change my mind?

NecThermal: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Secondary Power Set: Thermal Radiation
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Zombie Horde -- SvgnRt-Acc/Dmg(A), SvgnRt-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SvgnRt-Acc/EndRdx(7), SvgnRt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SvgnRt-Acc(11), SvgnRt-PetResDam(17)
Level 1: Warmth -- H'zdH-Heal(A), H'zdH-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Mrcl-Heal(43), Mrcl-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 2: Fire Shield -- RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), RctvArm-ResDam(5), RctvArm-EndRdx(5)
Level 4: Cauterize -- H'zdH-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(A), H'zdH-Heal(43), Mrcl-Heal(45), Mrcl-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 6: Enchant Undead -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9), RechRdx-I(9)
Level 10: Super Speed -- Zephyr-ResKB(A)
Level 12: Grave Knight -- CotMastermind-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), CotMastermind-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), EdctM'r-PetDef(13), CmdPres-PetRes(15), CotMastermind-Rchg/PetAoEDef(15), CotMastermind-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 14: Plasma Shield -- RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), RctvArm-ResDam(34), RctvArm-EndRdx(37), S'fstPrt-ResDam/Def+(37), S'fstPrt-ResKB(37)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LkGmblr-Rchg+(A), Winter-ResSlow(50), Zephyr-ResKB(50)
Level 18: Soul Extraction -- DisWord-ToHitDeb(A), DisWord-ToHitDeb/Rchg(19), DisWord-ToHitDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(19)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(A), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21), LkGmblr-Rchg+(21), LkGmblr-Def(31)
Level 22: Power of the Phoenix -- Amaze-Stun/Rchg(A), Amaze-Acc/Stun/Rchg(23), Amaze-Acc/Rchg(23), Amaze-EndRdx/Stun(33), Amaze-ToHitDeb%(34)
Level 24: Tactics -- GSFC-Build%(A), GSFC-ToHit/EndRdx(25), GSFC-Rchg/EndRdx(25), GSFC-ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(27), GSFC-ToHit/Rchg(27), GSFC-ToHit(29)
Level 26: Vengeance -- LkGmblr-Rchg+(A), LkGmblr-EndRdx/Rchg(31), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), LkGmblr-Def(33)
Level 28: Lich -- S'bndAl-Dmg/Rchg(A), S'bndAl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), S'bndAl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), S'bndAl-Build%(36)
Level 30: Super Jump -- Zephyr-ResKB(A)
Level 32: Dark Empowerment -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Forge -- Rec'dRet-Pcptn(A), AdjTgt-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(36), AdjTgt-ToHit(36)
Level 38: Static Discharge -- Ragnrk-Dmg/Rchg(A), Ragnrk-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Ragnrk-Acc/Rchg(39), Ragnrk-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Ragnrk-Knock%(40)
Level 41: Electrifying Fences -- GravAnch-Immob/Rchg(A), GravAnch-Acc/Immob/Rchg(42), GravAnch-Acc/Rchg(42), GravAnch-Immob/EndRdx(42), GravAnch-Hold%(43)
Level 44: Charged Armor -- ImpArm-EndRdx/Rchg(A), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), ImpArm-ResDam(46), ImpArm-ResPsi(46)
Level 47: Melt Armor -- LdyGrey-DefDeb(A), LdyGrey-DefDeb/Rchg(48), LdyGrey-DefDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(48), LdyGrey-DefDeb/EndRdx(48), LdyGrey-%Dam(50)
Level 49: Heat Exhaustion -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clrty-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Health -- Numna-Regen/Rcvry+(A), RgnTis-Regen+(40), Mrcl-Rcvry+(40)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- P'Shift-End%(A)
------------

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 02:45:13 AM »
I had a thought a while ago for a zombie/Naff and I remember someone saying it played really well (more recently).

Here's a tankermind version for you to look over just to see if it's something you might wanna try.

He has no travel power so you would have to deal with that (it was from the time of Ninja run and buying travel powers). And I still have no real idea about the Lich... It's just that I was told that it plays like a dark defender.

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Secondary Power Set: Nature Affinity
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Presence
Ancillary Pool: Chill Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Zombie Horde -- SvgnRt-Acc/Dmg(A), SvgnRt-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SvgnRt-Acc/EndRdx(9), SvgnRt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SvgnRt-Acc(33), SvgnRt-PetResDam(33)
Level 1: Corrosive Enzymes -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Regrowth -- Numna-Heal(A), Numna-Heal/EndRdx(40), Numna-Heal/Rchg(40)
Level 4: Wild Growth -- Aegis-ResDam(A), Aegis-ResDam/EndRdx(5), Aegis-ResDam/Rchg(5), Numna-Heal/Rchg(15), Numna-Heal(43), Numna-Heal/EndRdx(43)
Level 6: Enchant Undead -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(9)
Level 10: Spore Cloud -- DarkWD-Slow%(A), DarkWD-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(11), DarkWD-ToHitDeb(11), DarkWD-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(17)
Level 12: Grave Knight -- S'bndAl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), S'bndAl-Dmg/EndRdx(13), S'bndAl-Dmg(13), S'bndAl-Build%(15), EdctM'r-PetDef(17), Acc-I(43)
Level 14: Boxing -- KntkC'bat-Acc/Dmg(A), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx(19), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), KntkC'bat-Knock%(21)
Level 16: Lifegiving Spores -- Numna-Heal(A), Numna-Heal/Rchg(19)
Level 18: Soul Extraction -- C'Arms-Acc/Dmg(A), C'Arms-Dmg/EndRdx(37), C'Arms-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(37), C'Arms-+Def(Pets)(39), ExRmnt-+Res(Pets)(40)
Level 20: Wild Bastion -- Dct'dW-Rchg(A), Dct'dW-Heal(34), Dct'dW-Heal/Rchg(34), Dct'dW-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Dct'dW-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 22: Tough -- Aegis-ResDam(A), Aegis-ResDam/EndRdx(23), Aegis-ResDam/Rchg(23)
Level 24: Weave -- LkGmblr-Rchg+(A), LkGmblr-Def(25), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(25)
Level 26: Lich -- SCotMastermind-Acc/Dmg(A), SCotMastermind-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SCotMastermind-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), DarkWD-ToHitDeb(31), DarkWD-Slow%(31), SCotMastermind-Rchg/PetAoEDef(33)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LkGmblr-Rchg+(A), LkGmblr-Def(29), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(29), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 30: Provoke -- Mocking-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(A), Mocking-Acc/Rchg(46), Mocking-Taunt/Rng(46), Mocking-Taunt/Rchg(50)
Level 32: Dark Empowerment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Entangling Aura -- BasGaze-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), BasGaze-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(36), BasGaze-Rchg/Hold(36), BasGaze-Slow%(36)
Level 38: Overgrowth -- AdjTgt-Rchg(A), AdjTgt-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(39), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 41: Flash Freeze -- LgcRps-Acc/EndRdx(A), LgcRps-Acc/Rchg(42), LgcRps-Acc/Sleep(42), LgcRps-Sleep/Rng(42)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LkGmblr-Rchg+(A), LkGmblr-Def(45), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(45), S'fstPrt-ResDam/Def+(45), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 47: Hoarfrost -- Dct'dW-Rchg(A), Dct'dW-Heal(48), Dct'dW-EndRdx/Rchg(48), Dct'dW-Heal/Rchg(48), Dct'dW-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Hibernate -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Numna-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrcl-Rcvry+(3), RgnTis-Regen+(7)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Efficacy-EndMod(A), Efficacy-EndMod/Acc(3)
Level 0: Born In Battle
Level 0: High Pain Threshold
Level 0: Invader
Level 0: Marshal
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany
------------

Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 02:56:19 AM »
Dark or time would make for faster killing and probably a tougher build overall. The therm shields make your pets tougher and thereby you, but the debuffs in dark and time are pretty crippling. Storm is an absolute blast but I'm not sure how it pairs with necro; traps is fun but an odd playstyle, especially for teaming; poison is much improved. No reason not to take therm if you want to watch burning zombies, but it's not a terribly busy secondary so could be boring.

As far as the aoes, knock yourself out if you enjoy them. Those aren't very good damage though and AOEs are mostly about minions and lieutenants, which your pets burn through anyway. The benefit to necro's single target attacks is not only are they better dps for hard targets but they add to the -to hit parade of your zombies. If it were me I'd at least take one of them.

One other thing I spotted is you're better off with a plain end mod IO than the performance shifter proc if you're only going to one slot stamina. I'm curious as to why you're slotting for end mod so much and only have stamina one-slotted. It's more bang for your buck than set bonuses and there are slots to be had in your build - just at a glance i see the 2 4th slots of LOTG, the reticle proc, and the commanding presence proc could go - the former because you don't really need those extra accuracy buffs running tactics and the latter two because you haven't mentioned wanting to pvp.

I can look more in depth at the build and tweak it some but I'll wait to see if you decide to stick with therm first.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 03:13:18 AM »
Thanks Ankhammon but I have no desire to play a tankermind. LOL! I tried with a bots/dark and didn't like it at all.

I'm also saving Naff for either a bot/NA or a Thugs/NA build. Then which ever primary I don't do with NA I'm going to pair up with Time.

Dark or time would make for faster killing and probably a tougher build overall. The therm shields make your pets tougher and thereby you, but the debuffs in dark and time are pretty crippling. Storm is an absolute blast but I'm not sure how it pairs with necro; traps is fun but an odd playstyle, especially for teaming; poison is much improved. No reason not to take therm if you want to watch burning zombies, but it's not a terribly busy secondary so could be boring.

As far as the aoes, knock yourself out if you enjoy them. Those aren't very good damage though and AOEs are mostly about minions and lieutenants, which your pets burn through anyway. The benefit to necro's single target attacks is not only are they better dps for hard targets but they add to the -to hit parade of your zombies. If it were me I'd at least take one of them.

One other thing I spotted is you're better off with a plain end mod IO than the performance shifter proc if you're only going to one slot stamina. I'm curious as to why you're slotting for end mod so much and only have stamina one-slotted. It's more bang for your buck than set bonuses and there are slots to be had in your build - just at a glance i see the 2 4th slots of LOTG, the reticle proc, and the commanding presence proc could go - the former because you don't really need those extra accuracy buffs running tactics and the latter two because you haven't mentioned wanting to pvp.

I can look more in depth at the build and tweak it some but I'll wait to see if you decide to stick with therm first.

I could go necro/dark, I'll have to think about it some more. Your right about the the extra slots, I put the other 2 LOTG slots there because I couldn't really see anywhere else to put them. I don't plan to PVP ever so I can get rid of the Commanding Presence IO. So I can move those around.

I'll move those slots around so I don't forget, while I figure out if I want to stick with thermal or go dark.

*Edited to add* What do you guys thing about Necro/Pain? Think it'd be a decent combo?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:18:24 AM by Drauger9 »

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 07:56:30 PM »
I've been working on a Necromancy MM build myself recently, but I've gone the FF route instead, as my primary problem with playing MMs was that the minions die too quickly and every time I went up against an AV, they would quickly slaughter my troops and then me soon afterwards.  My current build was thus based on trying to make my troops harder to kill.  According to some recent posts here, FF is an excellent secondary for Masterminds if that's your concern.  I'd certainly love the chance to test that out.  My current build:

Necromancer X: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Secondary Power Set: Force Field
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Zombie Horde -- SCotMastermind-Acc/Dmg(A), SCotMastermind-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SCotMastermind-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SCotMastermind-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SCotMastermind-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Acc-I(50)
Level 1: Force Bolt -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Deflection Shield -- GftotA-Def/Rchg(A), GftotA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), LkGmblr-Def/Rchg(46), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), LkGmblr-Def(46), LkGmblr-Rchg+(48)
Level 4: Fly -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Enchant Undead -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Stealth -- GftotA-Def/EndRdx(A), GftotA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(43), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), LkGmblr-Def(43), LkGmblr-Rchg+(45)
Level 10: Insulation Shield -- GftotA-Def/Rchg(A), GftotA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), LkGmblr-Def/Rchg(40), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), LkGmblr-Def(42), LkGmblr-Rchg+(42)
Level 12: Grave Knight -- BldM'dt-Acc/Dmg(A), BldM'dt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SvgnRt-Acc/Dmg(34), SvgnRt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SCotMastermind-Rchg/PetAoEDef(37), EdctM'r-PetDef(39)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15), RechRdx-I(15), RechRdx-I(33), RechRdx-I(33), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 16: Personal Force Field -- GftotA-Def/EndRdx(A), GftotA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(17), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), LkGmblr-Def(25), LkGmblr-Rchg+(31)
Level 18: Soul Extraction -- C'Arms-Acc/Rchg(A), C'Arms-Acc/Dmg(19), C'Arms-Dmg/EndRdx(19), C'Arms-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), C'Arms-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(23), C'Arms-+Def(Pets)(23)
Level 20: Recall Friend -- IntRdx-I(A), IntRdx-I(21)
Level 22: Teleport -- Zephyr-ResKB(A)
Level 24: Long Range Teleport -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Lich -- BldM'dt-Acc/Dmg(A), BldM'dt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SvgnRt-Acc/Dmg(27), SvgnRt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Hold-I(31), Hold-I(31)
Level 28: Grant Invisibility -- Ksmt-Def/Rchg(A), Ksmt-ToHit+(29)
Level 30: Phase Shift -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Dark Empowerment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- GftotA-Def/EndRdx(A), GftotA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(36), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), LkGmblr-Def(37), LkGmblr-Rchg+(37)
Level 38: Force Bubble -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(39), EndRdx-I(39)
Level 41: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Web Cocoon -- UbrkCons-Hold/Rchg(A), UbrkCons-Acc/Hold/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Burnout -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Dmg-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Clrty-EndRdx(A), Clrty-RunSpd(3), Clrty-Stlth(3)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A), EndRdx-I(13)
Level 2: Rest -- HO:Golgi(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A), Run-I(13)
Level 2: Health -- Numna-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrcl-Rcvry+(5), RgnTis-Regen+(5)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A), Jump-I(11)
Level 2: Stamina -- Efficacy-EndMod(A), Efficacy-EndMod/Rchg(7), Efficacy-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(7), Efficacy-Acc/Rchg(9), Efficacy-EndMod/Acc(9), Efficacy-EndMod/EndRdx(11)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: Cryonic Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Cognitive Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Carnival Radial Superior Ally
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment
------------

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 05:25:25 AM »
I've been working on a Necromancy MM build myself recently, but I've gone the FF route instead, as my primary problem with playing MMs was that the minions die too quickly and every time I went up against an AV, they would quickly slaughter my troops and then me soon afterwards.  My current build was thus based on trying to make my troops harder to kill.  According to some recent posts here, FF is an excellent secondary for Masterminds if that's your concern.  I'd certainly love the chance to test that out.  My current build:

FF will certainly keep them alive longer. You can softcap your pets with only SO in the buffs. I played a Bot/FF Mastermind and I was able to farm on him +0/6 relatively easy but it was slow going. LOL!

For my build I took the Medicine pool for the heal power to keep my pets alive longer. But with Necromancy having the Lich pet. I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

As for my build, I made a few variations of it, Necro/dark, Necro/Pain, Necro/Time but I can't find the save files....:(

I'm leaning more toward Necro/Dark or Necro/Time, maybe even Necro/Pain now since "I do" want to farm on the build eventually. Maybe not +4/8 but atleast +1/6.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 07:41:00 PM »
FF will certainly keep them alive longer. You can softcap your pets with only SO in the buffs. I played a Bot/FF Mastermind and I was able to farm on him +0/6 relatively easy but it was slow going. LOL!

For my build I took the Medicine pool for the heal power to keep my pets alive longer. But with Necromancy having the Lich pet. I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

As for my build, I made a few variations of it, Necro/dark, Necro/Pain, Necro/Time but I can't find the save files....:(

I'm leaning more toward Necro/Dark or Necro/Time, maybe even Necro/Pain now since "I do" want to farm on the build eventually. Maybe not +4/8 but atleast +1/6.
Well, as you can see in the build above (especially if you download it to Mids), I went all out on Defense, especially getting all of the IOs with a Defense Bonus Aura on them.  And aside from its thematic value, the major advantage Necromancy has as a powerset is the fact that the minions are scrappers, not blasters.  The times I tried playing a Necromancy MM, the minions seemed noticeably tougher than just about any of the other MM powersets.  Come to think of it, I wonder what Beast Mastery was like - I ran out of time near the end and didn't get a chance to play with that one except very briefly.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 05:37:06 AM »
Well, as you can see in the build above (especially if you download it to Mids), I went all out on Defense, especially getting all of the IOs with a Defense Bonus Aura on them.  And aside from its thematic value, the major advantage Necromancy has as a powerset is the fact that the minions are scrappers, not blasters.  The times I tried playing a Necromancy MM, the minions seemed noticeably tougher than just about any of the other MM powersets.  Come to think of it, I wonder what Beast Mastery was like - I ran out of time near the end and didn't get a chance to play with that one except very briefly.

Yeah I noticed, you was 1% away from being softcapped. Beast primary was pretty scrappy if I remember correctly. I think the high teir pet did some buffing or something. I can't really remember since I didn't play the one I had much.

Beast wasn't a bad powerset at all. It and Demon summoning where the only sets. I had a hardtime not taking anything other than the pet powers from. I actually did take many of the other powers from the set besides the pet powers because if I remember correctly. They would make your pets stronger by using them.

hmm.... may have to give Beast/Bubble, Beast/NA or Beast/Storm a try. The one I ran while the game was live was a Beast/Trap in honor of my best friend. Sadly I made the character late and never had a chance to finish him :(.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 08:24:53 PM »
I chose Thermal for fun, I thought it'd be cool. To watch zombies run around on fire. :P, I didn't realize Lich was a control pet but I've never done a serious Necro build before.

Lich is a control pet but I don't get any options to put control related IOs in him? I get the option for pet IOs, KB IOs, To Hit Debuff IOs, and Accurate healing IOs. From what I can tell he's capped on damage thought. With the way I have him slotted.

Haha!  Flaming zombies would look awesome!  Lich is a control pet but out of their 6 powers, 4 of them are damaging so it's worth slotting for it.  As for the control side, try slotting an acc/mez and/or dam/mez Hami-Os.  It will boost the immobilization/hold/disorient/fear effects of the Lich's powers.

I could go necro/dark, I'll have to think about it some more. Your right about the the extra slots, I put the other 2 LOTG slots there because I couldn't really see anywhere else to put them. I don't plan to PVP ever so I can get rid of the Commanding Presence IO. So I can move those around.

I'll move those slots around so I don't forget, while I figure out if I want to stick with thermal or go dark.

*Edited to add* What do you guys thing about Necro/Pain? Think it'd be a decent combo?

Necro/Pain could workout but expect to devote a lot of your time just healing your zombies.  It might get a little frustrating when it still may not be enough to keep them alive... Or undead...

Necro/Dark is one of my favorite MM combinations, was able to solo a lot of content at +1/+8 and +3/+8 with incarnates.  Big fan of frankenslotting pets to try to maximize their potential, pet IO set bonuses are ok but the bonuses do not help the pets themselves, only the MM.  The 4% damage bonuses in Soulbound Allegiance and Command of the MM was comical.

Below is the build I ended the game with.  The, "Summon Lich - kill Lich - Soul Extraction - Burnout - Soul Extraction - summon Lich," (Aka Double Soul Extraction) was used often.  Imagine starting a dungeon with three tier 3 pets, 8-10 pets total (2 Lore pets).  Pretty strong.  Unfortunately the Soul Extracted and Lore pets only lasted 4 minutes.

Code: [Select]
| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1581;750;1500;HEX;|
|78DA65944B4F135114C7EFED4CA92D45FA6EB105A43CCAA3B4D40771A1D1006A020|
|C6250408C219332C0C4BED29644967E054DF42B101FB83011E2CEC4A82CDC6964E1|
|C6B72E444C746362EAE93D476762276D7E67FEF79E7BFEF7CC9D51AE8C38D74F5F3|
|DCEB86B38A3964AF38A5A2A6BC5AC9E5BB02AEA929E96185C36F8478C91F9A9956C|
|369F4B4C68E9623EABE6D2AB61D3E0D0CAE26262442D5E9E5774B594559963329FC|
|F24A60A9AB6D028C2714D5DD08AA565BDE011F7E7B48C56C817CB6A59CFE7EA8574|
|2AA32F2D9723270B7A3A615A5B51D31A595C0D81A924FCD7AC8CAE8A951D05C8126|
|B3F5225631DBBC094CC3ADE48C82D64EC0BE831999D974DB95E1CB3F8887E645D00|
|D91E248E73C69A65360DB91C732DBC0FEB84886DB7B9E00CCC91708E243DB0084DD|
|E206E22EB1E226FC13E702B15666DC375A2D0791BC71A365A7BCF7F9C851A76CC93|
|EDA3B896638CA820DB2688679077A0503DEDBB9E7AE63C8163CE21E4FE61E273E22|
|3A057666EF0D4809EE40617EE73AF8FE847867E33D1A3DE31ECD905F0D88839D646|
|CA71B98994DBE3C7BEF604890730F72E78759357F763D43C6F2D628EE709DE079E2|
|25B9E49426FF9819EE7A0AE9772BDEF30C7F79EF80119F8884C7D227E46B6C33EFD|
|98CBFDAF71BD6498CE4680B1208D05E9392489EBE0B7896A360D626FF71D23D2798|
|C7C27FE0486C06FB5A64F6617C16F989E65F805FAE87F497C45DC269FBFD093077C|
|36636F59339D9B7BE0A195CE522B699B603D8AF378949E41523C2F1BBB04753BC97|
|327F5A98BFAD4457DEAA23EC5A84F31EAD38E93B16EAAD54D3DF082A73EAAD57718|
|F71E27FA602C41F313745E36C0DB00690383F8EE7E75C0FB45FBE2FDB8EE3743E37|
|C948B77383E8D6BEC98E777E3FC5D4393F835EC57EF75E20D64FC2632627C0BE007|
|17EBAD51066A94548D72B0463954A38C5715F2CAEC585F316655268D6F0BE322C3E|
|EFAF725A99C75883C11CF98E259533C678A6538AA29AC5689FB8C78DB6BC4D5A3FE|
|37BE6FD2D7A246FC07F1BEFD0F|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Mace Mastery is not needed but wanted Power Boost and immobilizing a group was sometimes helpful.  Between Fearsome Stare, Darkest Night, Lich and Dark Servant's toHit debuffs, we were pretty much untouchable.  Never wait for a teammate to die before using Howling Twilight, use it as an offensive ability by activating at the start of a fight to help prevent deaths/wipes.  A massive AoE stun followed by Tar Patch was an instant win.  I was planning to frankenslot Dark Servant as well but never got around to doing it, it was going to be Hami-Os mixed with a couple procs.

Sigh, still talk about the game as if it was yesterday.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 09:08:19 PM »
Haha!  Flaming zombies would look awesome!  Lich is a control pet but out of their 6 powers, 4 of them are damaging so it's worth slotting for it.  As for the control side, try slotting an acc/mez and/or dam/mez Hami-Os.  It will boost the immobilization/hold/disorient/fear effects of the Lich's powers.

LOL I know, I think I'm going to make two Necro MMs. I'll do one Necro/Thermal and on Necro/Dark. I just like the idea two much and I know I'll make a ton of MMs anyways. :P

Thanks for the tips on Lich, I'm going to look at your build and see if I can get any ideas on slotting.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 05:54:16 AM »

Below is the build I ended the game with.  The, "Summon Lich - kill Lich - Soul Extraction - Burnout - Soul Extraction - summon Lich," (Aka Double Soul Extraction) was used often.  Imagine starting a dungeon with three tier 3 pets, 8-10 pets total (2 Lore pets).  Pretty strong.  Unfortunately the Soul Extracted and Lore pets only lasted 4 minutes.

That's one of the most wonderful concepts I've seen all year.

Now I have to add a necro/ to my list of chars to play.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 08:11:00 AM »

Now I have to add a necro/ to my list of chars to play.

I thought the samething when I saw the combo. I'll defently have to make a Necro/dark now. LOL! I plan to make one of every primary with the AT but some I'll make more than one like Bots. I plan to make about 5 different Bots MMs and a few Thugs MMs to. So making two different Necro MMs wont be a big deal. I just wanted to save some slots for the other ATs. :P

Oh well, I'll probably end up with 3 accounts like I did last time......

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 04:07:01 PM »

A player named CBeet came up with the idea of using Burnout, he started it with Gang War and posted the pic below.  I loved it so much and moved on to try it with Soul Extraction and Hell on Earth.  I always wanted to play Thugs/Storm for "Tornado - Gang War - Burnout - Gang War - Tornado."  It would be chaos.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 04:03:06 PM »
I have a couple questions about the burnout move on the Lich.

Are the Ghosts affected by Enchant Undead/Dark Empowerment? Do those have an effect when you do the Soul Extraction?

Are you chompin blues just to pull it off?

Even after you pull the move off, are you as powerful as, say, a demon MM using their special move?

Just plottin and planning.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?