Author Topic: Paragon 4 X:The Rift Event.  (Read 1868 times)

b3y0nd3r

• Underling
Paragon 4 X:The Rift Event.
« on: February 23, 2015, 05:18:18 PM »
Paragon X:
The Rift Event.
(2019 Fourteen years ago)
President Forrest Campbell stood in the war room. The room was filled with generals, admirals, and men in suits.  On the wall was a large map with a large red triangular section over mid Africa going into the ocean. The secretary of state stood up and said, "Mr. President, Yesterday, this hole was a few hundred feet wide and then it began expanding at the rate of a few hundred feet an hour. Now it has slowed down to a few inches an hour. We don't know what's causing it. We don't know if it will stop. We don't know anything about it.."
The President turned around and slammed his fist to the large table and said, "It's damn sure time we do know. Something. Anything. I want all available Heros to help with this crisis. I want the people rescued, I want the area secure, and I want answers damn it! Get me Statesman!"

Statesman walked aggressively through the hallway, paces ahead of the secretary of state. He entered the war room and at the end of the table was President Campbell, alone. The secretary of state left the room and closed the doors. "President Campbell, what an honor and a privilege..."
"Cut the nonsense Marcus. You know why you are here. This hole needs to be stopped. Now what do you know about it and when can you stop this?
"Sir with all due respect, I know very little about this event. I am in contact with Synapse and Positron. They are closest to the actual hole and are using every scientific means necessary to figure this out. The rate of growth is slowing but for how long? We don't know."
"Well then, all we can do is pray."
"Mr. President, the weather patterns have also changed. The sky is darker and this rain doesn't seem to stop. I wouldn't be surprised if this was all some form of attack by Arachnos or even a prelude to invasion from Preatoria again."
The President breathed a heavy sigh. "Be on guard Marcus...Be on guard."