Author Topic: MM Pets - How much Accuracy/+ToHit was enough?  (Read 6927 times)

ricodah

• Boss
MM Pets - How much Accuracy/+ToHit was enough?
« on: April 05, 2015, 04:07:51 PM »
All the Masterminds I played had pets run with 59ish% Accuracy and Tactics adding about 10% +ToHit.  They never had problems hitting their targets.  I remember conversations with other players where they said a single Accuracy SO (33%) is enough.  Never did tear apart a build to test it out and wondering if anyone knows how much acc/tohit is enough for a pet.  Would it vary with tiers of pets being different levels?

blacksly

• Elite Boss
Re: MM Pets - How much Accuracy/+ToHit was enough?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 07:30:10 PM »
All the Masterminds I played had pets run with 59ish% Accuracy and Tactics adding about 10% +ToHit.  They never had problems hitting their targets.  I remember conversations with other players where they said a single Accuracy SO (33%) is enough.  Never did tear apart a build to test it out and wondering if anyone knows how much acc/tohit is enough for a pet.  Would it vary with tiers of pets being different levels?

It does vary with different tiers of pets. Also remember that the MM gives the pets an inherent ToHit (or was it Accuracy) boost within a reasonably large radius.

But another major thing to consider was also Defense debuffing from the MM's secondary (or from the primary for Mercs, Thugs, and Necro). If you're running Storm, you're probably a lot less worried about accuracy than if you're running Force Fields.

ricodah

• Boss
Re: MM Pets - How much Accuracy/+ToHit was enough?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 09:46:34 PM »
It does vary with different tiers of pets. Also remember that the MM gives the pets an inherent ToHit (or was it Accuracy) boost within a reasonably large radius.

But another major thing to consider was also Defense debuffing from the MM's secondary (or from the primary for Mercs, Thugs, and Necro). If you're running Storm, you're probably a lot less worried about accuracy than if you're running Force Fields.

Thanks blacksly, I totally forgot about Supremacy.  It makes for some interesting pet IO franken-slotting.   

privateer3

• Underling
MM Pets - How much Accuracy/+ToHit was enough?
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 01:22:01 PM »
I played a MM / bots / FF in NCSOFT days, and I'm doing it again. Once I get bot accuracy to 33% I just worry about damage. The force fields do a good job of protecting the bots and keeping mobs off them (and me). Plus I can heal the bots when one of the Protectors is busy healing a different one.

Looking forward to getting all the way up the FF tree, to be able to put a wall up again. Used it a lot back in the day to hold choke points on Task Force events and trials.

I guess back then I was into theorycrafting but this time around I'm just having fun and not worrying about it.