Author Topic: Highly Electric  (Read 1426 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Highly Electric
« on: April 27, 2015, 10:48:57 PM »
Soooo I have this urge to make an Electric toon for some reason. I already have a costume and am retconning the level 40 in it and thought I'd ask if anyone has any advice...?

I know Stormbringer is a popular Passive choice but I'm thinking to try out Electric Form/Ionic Reverberation and pump up my End a little bit. Probably will go Ego Primary but could go with Ego/Con/or End as a primary.

Any tidbits of info from j0r personal experience is useful tyvm.

Oh and I have a Primus Spark Shield already.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: Highly Electric
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 03:31:53 AM »
Firstly, Arc Lightning is your friend, and everything single-target is all about Arc Lightning.  It's probably second only to two-gun as an ST maintain by itself, but you can make it do far more damage.  Ball Lightning and it's advantage can guarantee negative ions, to boost arc lightnings damage further.  After that, it's all down to energy unlock.  You want either overdrive or ionic reverberation.  Ionic can provide so much energy that with arc lightning that if you have a high intelligence and endurance, you can literally and indefinitely maintain it.

Many of my toons use electrical due to how effective it is.  Ego/int/end can be a good pure damage, con/end/int is another good combination.  If you go for overdrive you can swap end out for recovery, as overdrive actually benefits quite a bit from recovery.  But you should always do something to get negative ions on enemies so you can maximize arch lightning damage.

For AoE damage Gigabolt has always been a very heavy hitting attack, and is actually a very good yet practical force cascade.  Lightning storm is perhaps the more damaging per energy and easier to use, but both benefit from ionic reverberation.  As for passives, I actually always use night warrior if I go for a damage build, but thats cause it helps all forms of damage(and ignores some enemy resistance) and has some dodge/avoidance.  But then I rarely go for pure offense and usually just go for regeneration anymore due to the safety of underestimation from shfg's/scrubs.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 01:58:31 PM »
Good stuff.

Looks like I'm going to be putting this off for awhile but I'm still tinkering with ideas. Putting so many points towards energy management is going to be rough for me. This is one reason I was thinking to try Electric Form + I'm trying to outdeeps Deeps my Fire toon w/Fire form. I'm used to playing an Offense passive but not this one so we'll see how it goes if I go that way.

Night Warrior is something else I've been wanting to try since ever. It has a slight recharge time bonus too or no? I forget.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 03:36:48 PM »
Good stuff.

Looks like I'm going to be putting this off for awhile but I'm still tinkering with ideas. Putting so many points towards energy management is going to be rough for me. This is one reason I was thinking to try Electric Form + I'm trying to outdeeps Deeps my Fire toon w/Fire form. I'm used to playing an Offense passive but not this one so we'll see how it goes if I go that way.

Night Warrior is something else I've been wanting to try since ever. It has a slight recharge time bonus too or no? I forget.

It's a charge speed bonus.  So powers like gigabolt can be charged up faster ect.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.