Author Topic: Happy Anniversary  (Read 16344 times)

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
Re: Happy Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 10:07:54 PM »
yep happy anniversary. been trying to find my pocket D card all day, GF took it out of my wallet and I'm not sure where it is now..
I have mine!

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 11:01:19 PM »
Happy Anniversary!  Perhaps I will spend some time in Icon tonight.  Alone, and in silence, but in Atlas Park none the less!
What was no more, is now reborn!

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 11:54:03 PM »
Happy Anniversary!  Perhaps I will spend some time in Icon tonight.  Alone, and in silence, but in Atlas Park none the less!

Definitely a great idea!  I'll be doing that shortly myself.  Going back to the old hometown as a visitor is better than nothing, but still longing for the day when I can re-register as a super-powered resident again.

/em torch

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2015, 06:08:47 AM »

I did that, and came away feeling miserable and depressed... :(

I WANT OUR GAME BACK, DAMMIT!

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2015, 06:59:41 AM »
I did that, and came away feeling miserable and depressed... :(

I WANT OUR GAME BACK, DAMMIT!

Did the same, felt that bad after, I told the wife I was off to bed with the excuse I was very tired, this was at 9:30pm :'(

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 12:48:43 AM »
Here's the HaV update that we did for the CoH anniversary - http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,10836.0.html
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

SammiK31

• Minion
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 11:03:10 AM »
Happy Anniversary!! Now if you come back so we can play, and spend time in our glorious city, we'll give you lots of cuddles and presents for your birthday?? Or something?

JUST COME BACK!!! WE NEED YOU!!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2015, 07:27:03 PM »
I miss this game so much! I need to design this year's anniversary character. Last year was Centurion X. This year...The Eleventh Hour (Time Manipulation/Energy Rifle)
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 04:52:51 AM »
Hmm, time manipulation and energy rifle.  When I think time travel and energy weapons, I think...

Well, no.  Most of those didn't actually time travel.

Oh Hell No.

Yeah, more like that, although he didn't really manipulate time.

To be honest, I can't really think of any fictional analog to what the devs called "Time Manipulation."  It was an interesting set with interesting effects, but it was an enormous stretch to link them all as being temporal manipulation.  An enormous stretch even for a game where the writers felt that Science and Technology were two different things and the main side effect of radiation exposure was that you were easier to hit.

Sorry, I got nothing.  Except I do know the etymology of the phrase "eleventh hour" and its not related to "11 o-clock."   So while I don't know what "The Eleventh Hour" would look like, I'm pretty sure he'd be logging into the forums demanding to know why he can't have all the veteran rewards even though he just signed up last week.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 05:22:52 AM »
Hmm, time manipulation and energy rifle.  When I think time travel and energy weapons, I think...

Well, no.  Most of those didn't actually time travel.

Oh Hell No.

Yeah, more like that, although he didn't really manipulate time.

To be honest, I can't really think of any fictional analog to what the devs called "Time Manipulation."  It was an interesting set with interesting effects, but it was an enormous stretch to link them all as being temporal manipulation.  An enormous stretch even for a game where the writers felt that Science and Technology were two different things and the main side effect of radiation exposure was that you were easier to hit.

Sorry, I got nothing.  Except I do know the etymology of the phrase "eleventh hour" and its not related to "11 o-clock."   So while I don't know what "The Eleventh Hour" would look like, I'm pretty sure he'd be logging into the forums demanding to know why he can't have all the veteran rewards even though he just signed up last week.

Time manipulation is also my favorite set in city of heroes and also a powerset I have zero trust for CO to ever get right if it ever attempted it(bettin if it did they'd nerf it so much as to make it useless on demand by the forum cartels).  DCUO got somewhat close, but City of heroes got it far better in that not only could you affect badguys but also affect allies in a wide variety of ways in a "temporal" style.  I feel they had influence from the prince of persia sands of time series, in that you reversed time or slowed it ect.  I'm trying to think of some other movies where time manipulation took effect but city of heroes in a way visited all forms of direct temporal manipulation.

What I truely loved, was how effective it was defensively without being to powerful offensively, it was in a way a balanced buff/debuff set when it came to increasing team survivability vs team offensive capabilities.  Like in between sonic resonance(doubled team survival and damage) and force fields(more than quadrupled team survivability but had almost no offensive capabilities, and I consider all it's abilities defensive).  Although it had a small amount of healing to.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 05:52:32 PM »
What I truely loved, was how effective it was defensively without being to powerful offensively, it was in a way a balanced buff/debuff set when it came to increasing team survivability vs team offensive capabilities.  Like in between sonic resonance(doubled team survival and damage) and force fields(more than quadrupled team survivability but had almost no offensive capabilities, and I consider all it's abilities defensive).  Although it had a small amount of healing to.

I actually think most Defender primaries were fairly well balanced between offensive and defensive ability, with Force Fields and Storm being the outliers.  FF was the heavy defense set and Storm was the defense/control primary.  I thought Time Manipulation was most like Radiation and Dark in its overall utility, with those two sets being generally recognized as the kings of all around utility.  If Rad and Dark were the 10.0's of Defender primaries, I'd say Time was a 9.5 (right around where Trick Arrow was).

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2015, 10:07:15 PM »
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2015, 12:18:07 AM »

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2015, 04:21:55 AM »
I actually think most Defender primaries were fairly well balanced between offensive and defensive ability, with Force Fields and Storm being the outliers.  FF was the heavy defense set and Storm was the defense/control primary.  I thought Time Manipulation was most like Radiation and Dark in its overall utility, with those two sets being generally recognized as the kings of all around utility.  If Rad and Dark were the 10.0's of Defender primaries, I'd say Time was a 9.5 (right around where Trick Arrow was).

I thought honestly radiation was more offense oriented then dark or time.  It wasn't as offense oriented as trick arrows, but it was still fairly offensive.  Of the debuff sets I considered trick arrows the most "aggressive" in that it's debuffs for helping team survivability were pretty weak, a to-hit debuff with only 6.25% base, damage debuff at about 25% and a recharge debuff at only 20% were all pretty weak even stacked together.  But the sonic and acid arrows were unmatched for resistance debuffing, one of them also killing defense, oil slick arrow was also killer for offense obviously, burn and huge -defense.  Then course, EMP arrow was also a powerful AoE control.  But TA's early powers were comparatively weak.

Dark was extremely heavily, i'd say protective, as a debuff set, and was kingly at lockdown.  Enemies that had floored to hit and were getting hit by crowd control at the same time were largely incapable of hurting teams much.  Dark/dark was a hell of a set used by someone who knew what they were doing.  I met a few who used dark/dark horribly(litterally just trying to heal people and not debuffing/ccing at all) but used right 8x+4 was a breeze for experts save for archvillains.

I honestly don't tend to grade the buff/debuff sets much anymore since I look at them and I noticed they were pretty balanced.  I could think of some weak spots here and there(such as TA's weak early powers or empathy's inability to really scale with a league very well) but most part they were very well able to multiply teammate effectiveness.  Just some were better for solo than others.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2015, 05:39:20 AM »
I thought honestly radiation was more offense oriented then dark or time.  It wasn't as offense oriented as trick arrows, but it was still fairly offensive.  Of the debuff sets I considered trick arrows the most "aggressive" in that it's debuffs for helping team survivability were pretty weak, a to-hit debuff with only 6.25% base, damage debuff at about 25% and a recharge debuff at only 20% were all pretty weak even stacked together.  But the sonic and acid arrows were unmatched for resistance debuffing, one of them also killing defense, oil slick arrow was also killer for offense obviously, burn and huge -defense.  Then course, EMP arrow was also a powerful AoE control.  But TA's early powers were comparatively weak.

Dark was extremely heavily, i'd say protective, as a debuff set, and was kingly at lockdown.  Enemies that had floored to hit and were getting hit by crowd control at the same time were largely incapable of hurting teams much.  Dark/dark was a hell of a set used by someone who knew what they were doing.  I met a few who used dark/dark horribly(litterally just trying to heal people and not debuffing/ccing at all) but used right 8x+4 was a breeze for experts save for archvillains.

I honestly don't tend to grade the buff/debuff sets much anymore since I look at them and I noticed they were pretty balanced.  I could think of some weak spots here and there(such as TA's weak early powers or empathy's inability to really scale with a league very well) but most part they were very well able to multiply teammate effectiveness.  Just some were better for solo than others.

Trick Arrow had the obvious OSA offensive power, but both Rad and Dark had significant offensive power in their debuffs.  In fact while disruption arrow was a -20% res debuff (defender numbers) enervating field and tar patch were both -30%.  Until you could stack DA, its debuff was significantly weaker.  And Rad had the damage buff *and* recharge buff in AM which both contributed to offense (Rad also had recovery which for earlier levels probably provided a larger boost to offense than anything else).

In actual play, I think TA/* had the most offense, Rad/* second and Dark/* third, but it was closer than many suggested.  On the flip side, things closed up even more: */TA, */Rad, and */Dark were much more closely matched as controllers (Rad's buffs become more beneficial with pets around, but its toggles become more tactically clumsy compared to TA and Dark).  I think its interesting that while it was difficult to beat Fire/Kin on offense, there was no general consensus on which of Fire/TA, Fire/Dark, and Fire/Rad had the stronger offense.  Doubly weird because you could say the same thing about Ill/Dark, Ill/Rad, and Ill/TA even though the dynamics of Illusions are radically different from Fire as they pertain to set synergy with Dark, Rad, and TA.

Both Time/* and */Time were not in the same league as those combinations above when it came to offense, though.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2015, 05:47:21 AM »
Trick Arrow had the obvious OSA offensive power, but both Rad and Dark had significant offensive power in their debuffs.  In fact while disruption arrow was a -20% res debuff (defender numbers) enervating field and tar patch were both -30%.  Until you could stack DA, its debuff was significantly weaker.  And Rad had the damage buff *and* recharge buff in AM which both contributed to offense (Rad also had recovery which for earlier levels probably provided a larger boost to offense than anything else).

In actual play, I think TA/* had the most offense, Rad/* second and Dark/* third, but it was closer than many suggested.  On the flip side, things closed up even more: */TA, */Rad, and */Dark were much more closely matched as controllers (Rad's buffs become more beneficial with pets around, but its toggles become more tactically clumsy compared to TA and Dark).  I think its interesting that while it was difficult to beat Fire/Kin on offense, there was no general consensus on which of Fire/TA, Fire/Dark, and Fire/Rad had the stronger offense.  Doubly weird because you could say the same thing about Ill/Dark, Ill/Rad, and Ill/TA even though the dynamics of Illusions are radically different from Fire as they pertain to set synergy with Dark, Rad, and TA.

Both Time/* and */Time were not in the same league as those combinations above when it came to offense, though.

Aye, Time was pretty defensive oriented.  It had a gigantic -recharge, a high +defense and hefty -tohit.  Honestly the large -recharge is the whole reason I enjoyed it and storm summoning the most.  I sometimes wonder if a psychic blast/time would be a better fit for me than fire/time simply because of the stupid amounts of -recharge potential.  Enemies with to much -recharge just never get any more attacks off :P.