Author Topic: Unreleased Powersets  (Read 10323 times)

Matt Bold

• Lieutenant
Unreleased Powersets
« on: April 29, 2015, 08:31:08 PM »
Is there a list or a webpage that lists all the upcoming powersets that never saw the light of day?  I vaguely remember stumbling onto a non-official site that had screenshots of descriptions of powers that could be accessed from a / command.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
Re: Unreleased Powersets
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 08:34:33 PM »
Is there a list or a webpage that lists all the upcoming powersets that never saw the light of day?  I vaguely remember stumbling onto a non-official site that had screenshots of descriptions of powers that could be accessed from a / command.

The best thing I can tell you is to play around with the lastest version of Icon. There are a few sets in there (some with placeholder animations) that never even saw time on the test server.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 12:18:35 AM »
I was always keeping my fingers crossed for Dual Chainsaws - sadly I will never know..........

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 12:46:46 AM »
I was always keeping my fingers crossed for Dual Chainsaws - sadly I will never know..........

Sorry, only postapocalyptic pruners....

@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 02:01:10 AM »

Found these on Paragonwiki:

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Primary_Power_Sets
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Secondary_Power_Sets

Looks like Martial Assault, Martial Combat, Psionic Melee, Savage Melee, Radiation Melee, Bio Armor and Radiation Armor were in the works.  I think only Martial Assault/Combat and Bio Armor were scheduled for i24 release.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 11:20:27 AM »
Found these on Paragonwiki:

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Primary_Power_Sets
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Secondary_Power_Sets

Looks like Martial Assault, Martial Combat, Psionic Melee, Savage Melee, Radiation Melee, Bio Armor and Radiation Armor were in the works.  I think only Martial Assault/Combat and Bio Armor were scheduled for i24 release.

Also Wind Control, and a bunch of Pool Powersets (Sorcery, Invention, Devices or something like that, and two others IIRC).

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 02:01:42 PM »
For the power pools:

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Power_Pools

I actually had no idea about the new ones of those until yesterday :P

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 04:17:49 PM »
Sorry, only postapocalyptic pruners....

Now I'm wishing I'd made a toon who dual-wielded chainsabers (also found in the schlock mercenary universe)
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 04:37:17 PM »

Martial Combat, Martial Assault, and Bio Armor were good to go. Sorcery was also finished and I believe was either going to be I24 release or shortly after.

Psionic Melee was very close to done (some minor FX issues) and I think we would have seen it fairly early during I24.

Radiation Melee and Armor were both mostly done powers-wise, still needed a bit of FX work and a final balance pass. Either late I24 or early I25.

Savage Melee was probably I25 at the earliest, it still needed quite a bit of FX work and I don't think had undergone any kind of balancing at all yet.

Force of Will (Pool) was likely also an I25 release, maaaaybe late I24. Its powers were pretty much complete and had some work in progress FX, but definitely not polished.

Wind Control and the other origin pools were not at all developed yet. What exists in the client are power descriptions that are basically straight from the back of the napkin, and a very rough framework of powers tossed together so that the artists would have something to work with when creating animations and FX. The powers info that is listed in Icon and COD might as well be random numbers, and while they had a rough plan for the mechanics, those tended to change heavily during early development. What we ended up seeing when they were done could have been massively different than the early draft.

There was also Kinetic Assault, but I think that one got scrapped because the powers disappeared from the beta builds.

Beyond that all we have are names of pay-for sets fished out of the account item list: Close Quarters Weapons, Wind Blast, Magnetic Blast, Sniper Rifle, Autumnal Blast, Thrown Weapons, Magnetic Control, Water Control, Light Affinity, Wind Assault.  Those didn't exist at all beyond what was effectively a whiteboard "TO-DO" list.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 06:06:41 PM »
Beyond that all we have are names of pay-for sets fished out of the account item list: Close Quarters Weapons, Wind Blast, Magnetic Blast, Sniper Rifle, Autumnal Blast, Thrown Weapons, Magnetic Control, Water Control, Light Affinity, Wind Assault.  Those didn't exist at all beyond what was effectively a whiteboard "TO-DO" list.

...... I would have bought half of those *just* based on the names. Not even kidding.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 11:10:45 PM »
Also Wind Control, and a bunch of Pool Powersets (Sorcery, Invention, Devices or something like that, and two others IIRC).

I see lots of videos on YouTube by guys who have Wind Control, or lack thereof.

Hopefully, it's a different kind of wind...

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 11:26:49 AM »
Now I'm wishing I'd made a toon who dual-wielded chainsabers (also found in the schlock mercenary universe)

Dual Wielding with postapocalyptic gear that would have come with I24ish.   Damn you ncsoft *shakes fist*
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

cohRock

• Lieutenant
    • Rich's Tepid Home Page
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 01:42:13 PM »
If you are interested in an overview/opinion of just one set, bio armor, check out my web page for Rued Rude Rudy.  He made it to 50 on the Beta server before the game was shut down.  Halfway down the page, there is a picture of him with his armors on.
-- Rich

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 02:55:54 PM »
Dual Wielding with postapocalyptic gear that would have come with I24ish.   Damn you ncsoft *shakes fist*

Wait - so that was a real powerset we would have gotten - the chainsaw type blades!???

Damn you NCSoft! - <emote>Shakes fist at sky </emote>

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 03:53:43 PM »
Not a powerset, a weapon customization option for dual blades, broadsword, and I think titan weapons.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 05:44:35 PM »
Not a powerset, a weapon customization option for dual blades, broadsword, and I think titan weapons.

Still - close enough for me.

Damn You NCSoft! <emote> Shakes fist at sky even more vigorously </emote>

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 02:37:04 AM »
I was really looking forward to Sorcery on my Time/Sonic/Soul Def and Will Power for my Melees. I really enjoyed Plant/Martial Assault while on the Beta Server
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 09:47:38 PM »
I wanted Gadgetry for my tech origin illusion/radiation controller. Utility belt could have been great for a host of natural characters as well.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 10:12:03 PM »
I liked the retro Jet packs that came out on the market. I rented one for a month or so before the game shut down.
Rocket Boots are nice but the Jet pack added extra flair.

...can't locate a photo of one but it was similar to the Rocketeer.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 05:17:14 AM »
I heard that they were working on a new Mastermind powerset:
Kitten-herder.

Cry havec and let slip the kittens of war!
Meow