Author Topic: Revamped Tutorial Coming Soon!  (Read 1555 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Revamped Tutorial Coming Soon!
« on: May 30, 2015, 12:31:22 PM »
Supposedly this is to slow down mmocove (a wholly owned subsidiary of PWE) but I have it on good authority that the real purpose is to familiarize new dev teams with the game.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: Revamped Tutorial Coming Soon!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 05:02:10 PM »
Hehehe, I said in the forums and Kaizerin deleted it, but the devs need to actually PLAY CO sometimes.  I say, 10 dollars says it's linear and 5 dollars extra says it passes up the block.  Another 5 dollars says the tutorial says the game is a holy trinity that is balanced around dreaded archtypes and has totally lost the identity it had years ago.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 05:42:03 PM »
Supposedly this is to slow down mmocove (a wholly owned subsidiary of PWE) but I have it on good authority that the real purpose is to familiarize new dev teams with the game.
I have to say, the revamp now is not necessary, the last revamp was a few years ago. I would rather have them making new content.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 05:44:19 PM »
It is "new content" but it's content that one only plays for a brief brief period of time.  Course i'm betting they'll do something stupid with it that'll drive new players away who'll say "hey, this is a generic game, lame".
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 10:35:02 PM »
What got me is how there really haven't been any memorable changes lately and then *poing* here comes a brand new tutorial that no one asked for. So it's like, well, if it's a matter of protecting our Zen sales this is a whole other thing. We have to get that content out NAO.

Ah well I'm not trying to rip on anyone. Just being a goof. We all gotta do what we gotta do and if this is what they think they gotta do then more power to them.

I'm not looking forward to running any tutorials or anything like this, but, when I first heard about this I thought about when they redid the CoH tutorial. That was fairly awesome. The CoH situation was different. They were doing a lot of awesome stuff for all levels of play at the time and all the way up to the end.

CO is cool. I'm glad it's online and I can play it. It's an easy target so it gets a lot of pot shots but in the end I'm always rooting for it. I hope they can blow away new players like CoH did me, as a still fairly recent returning CoH player.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 02:43:50 AM »
edit: oops wrong topic!
Some Faves: