Author Topic: Your kung fu is good, but,,,  (Read 1360 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Your kung fu is good, but,,,
« on: June 07, 2015, 01:40:50 PM »
I said it about Warlord and I'm gonna say it about Green Snake, Red Dragon..

Unless you have nothing better to do than clear mobs that have no meaning (you completionists know who you are...) there is NO reason to fight the mobs in the first room of Green Snake, Red Dragon.

See that door that's behind those mobs? Just.... run/fly/tp/ooze/lightning bolt your way .... through the door and on to the Alurt.

You will find me waiting for you if there are any mobs left.

I see people starting to skip these rooms now and I Will take partial credit. (har har)

Is it me or did they fix the Resource Boost reward?
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Re: Your kung fu is good, but,,,
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 07:47:31 PM »
Huh... Never knew about that little trick. Always assumed it was "fight the mobs to clear the door" like in the second room.

So noted. :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Your kung fu is good, but,,,
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 12:29:22 AM »
What I do is as soon as the bubble pops that lets us run in I head straight for the doorway and run right through. Like you said, you have to clear the second room.

Sometimes I do like in Warlord when I skip parts of it and I wait on the other side of the doorway. I'll blast away mobs while I'm there so no one complains I'm just standing around. ~ Every run or two someone will catch on that they don't have to stand there and fight and follow me and then off we go.

I do the same thing with the skippable parts of Warlord. The room after the elevator that is after the very very first room? Almost the exact same situation. Just.. run.. through. You'll see me in the hallway just past the Exit doorway (sound familiar..) blasting mobs or chasing the rest of the team that ran past Me already. Otherwise. if you fight in that room there's a chance someone will get bounced around and you have to clear the whole room and that room is just like the Green Dragon room - totally skippable. Those mobs won't follow you past the hallway, either..

The big room after that - don't fight those Hallway Exit (to the next area) guards *from inside* that big room. You don't have to fight any mobs in that room as far as that goes. But at the very least - head for the Exit and get yourself in the hallway before they turn you into a(n) (in)human pinball and you end up clearing a bizzillion mobs because everyone's about to faceplant from massive agro in a massive room.

When you hit the hallway just past that big room there is probably going to be a mob of mobs chasing you and it will only snowball as you go forward. Some teams don't care about this - some teams will get mowed down because of this because of a plethora of reasons that don't have anything to do with being a bad player. So what I usually do for etiquette's sake is to wait just past the Exit doorway, in the hallway, where I can't be bounced into a bizzillion mobs,  preferably with back to wall, and I pick those suckers off as they file through the doorway, me grinning, as those yellow Criticals scroll up.

Anyway... Yeah. As you may have seen already that Green Dragon ambush at the very beginning is totally skippable. Let'em ambush each other.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:36:18 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>