Author Topic: Behemoth Tips?  (Read 2356 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Behemoth Tips?
« on: June 09, 2015, 02:50:04 AM »
I'm thinking to try out a Behemoth. Any tips?
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: Behemoth Tips?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 03:04:46 AM »
It's a trinity based set don't do it.

On a more serious side, you'll be 100% dependent on attempting to knock things all the time to build up fury stacks.  The main problem is your damage will be very very low.  On the bright side you got defiance if I recall, which gives a lot of energy so although your damage will be complete crap at least you can spam knocks the most.

I never bother with ATs though due to how poorly designed they tend to be.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 03:49:15 AM »
I haven't played my AT's in months until recently and it's been fun. Soldier, Marksman, and Unleashed.

I steal agro from 2gm spammers with my Gat on my Soldier, which, I spam from 100' and never run out of energy. After being in melee range so much with Deeps it's nice to be at that range, The Soldier's Concentration stacks build 50x faster too. Marksman is like the Fred Astaire of Soldiers..  Unleashed... well.. his damage puts my FF melee's damage to shame and I have over 100 points in Con on him (non SS).

As for the Behemoth... I Can build a better Inferno and so I never play mine and might delete him. The only reason he's survived so long is he's the second toon I ever made. I've heard good things about Behemoth's, like the Con primary, not thrilled about Rec secondary but oh well, and I want to tank with Enrage for awhile vs. IDF which is what I'm used to. Plus if he can out-agro my FF tank, that would be ok too.. Plus, I'm kinda in newb mode and this would be the easiest way for me to do it until I can get a slot for the Electric FF I want to make.

*shrug*
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 04:28:27 AM »
You can use parts of the basic Behemoth build as the basis to make a true Tank in Freeform mode. But the AT itself on it's own just doesn't work as intended. Neither as a solo character or as part of "the trinity".

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 09:24:06 PM »
You can use parts of the basic Behemoth build as the basis to make a true Tank in Freeform mode. But the AT itself on it's own just doesn't work as intended. Neither as a solo character or as part of "the trinity".

Those tend to be my thoughts as well.  A core problem with most all AT's is that they often don't work as they are intended to, due to developers not really knowing the game all that well.  An archtype adjusted with the freeform system however can work like a beast.  In fact I watched two people pvping last night, one was using a might build that was pretty powerful.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 01:05:21 AM »
I don't have any free FF slots and Behemoth is the best looking AT available for an AT slot I might clear due to I just can't see myself ever playing the toon in it again.  Otherwise I'd just make a FF. Like when I deleted my Mind who I stopped playing and rolled up a Soldier. THAT was a good idea and a real similar situation. I have a real similar FF toon that I like better so I never play the AT.

Don't sell AT's short, though. I'm glad I was 'forced' to play them for so long. They have their good points if you can find ones that fit your playstyle 
I just retconned three of mine (and 2 FF's ) and the AT's are Doubling + (I got nearly 900 on one run..) the dps scores of the person under them in Red Winter.

Anyway, we'll see how he does if I ever get around to rolling him up. I know there was at least 1 person here playing a behemoth so I thought I'd fish for some tips  : )

edit:
(It looks like a solid build to me!)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:11:24 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 01:13:29 AM »
Don't sell AT's short, though. I'm glad I was 'forced' to play them for so long. They have their good points if you can find ones that fit your playstyle 

Oh indeed so. They are also good as "training" to see certain types of characters/builds work. In more than one case I've started a character as an AT and then re-specced into freeform while keeping most of the AT build intact and just "building on top of it" with the extra powers available to Freeforms.