Community > Roleplaying

The Eastgate Affair

(1/6) > >>

PatrickKirchner:

Paragon Avenger:
He liked to pay it forward by gifting low level heroes with a few thousand influence.  Way back, early in his career, some hero gave him 30,000i and that allowed him to buy all new shiny enhancements.  He knew that he should be working on his incarnate skills, but helping the lowbies seemed more useful.  As he flew around Atlas Park, checking heroes' level and overall standing,  he saw some pathetic looking hero with the simple name "Warp".  Intrigued, he landed and got closer to the haples hero.
    "Hello, my name is Paragon Comptroller, a natural controller."  Paragon Comptroller introduced himself.
    "Nice to know, I'm Warp."  Warp said wanting to be left alone.
    "I've noticed that you seem lost, can I help you?"  Paragon Comptroller asked.
    "Thanks, but I'm not lost."  Warp said sharply.
    "What's the trouble, friend?"  Paragon Comptroller asked.
    "Look, I've had a rough day.  I don't want to talk about it.  It's this stupid city.  This guy sends you there, that guy sends you here, and for what?  Nothing."  Warp complained.
    "Yes, the contacts aren't always the most helpful."  Paragon Comptroller empathized.
    "And that's not the worst part.  You know what the worst part is?  I'll tell you what the worst part is."  Warp was in full-blown rant mode.
    "So, what's the worst part?"  Paragon Comptroller asked.
    "They kick you in the gut.  They say go here, but when you find the place, they say, you don't have clearance.  I just need to get a few battles under my belt, a few good missions, you know, 'Warp, saves the day' kind of stuff."  Warp ranted.
    "I hear you, once you get a few good missions completed, they tend to respect you more."  Paragon Comptroller played along.
    "The way it's going right now, I'll be lucky if they don't send me back to jail, I mean."  Warp blurted out that about jail.  He had tried to keep that a secret, but something about this Paragon guy just made him spill his guts.  He thought, maybe it doesn't matter anyway.  He can't get any more missions until he talks to Wincott.  And he can't talk to Wincott until he goes into the Hollows.  And he can't go into the Hollows until he completes some missions and gets a higher clearance.
    "Oh, you're on parole.  That really is a good program.  I'll tell you what.  I think I might be able to help you."  Paragon Comptroller said.
    "Look, mister, I don't want charity."  Warp said not knowing what to make of this unique kindness that has been lacking in this jungle of a city.
    "First things first.  Go to Ms. Liberty standing in front of the Atlas statue and train up.  As you train, your clearance goes up."  Paragon Comptroller informed.
    "Is she the one in that short skirt.  I've wanted to talk to her, but there is always a crowd."  Warp admitted.
    "No, no, no, she is Statesman's granddaughter.  You don't want Statesman as a father-in-law."  Paragon Comptroller interjected.
    "phew, thanks for the heads-up.  I don't need that kind of heat right now."  Warp said with a sigh.
    "Go to her, get trained, and come back here."  Paragon Comptroller ordered.
    "Well, what do I got to lose.  By the way, do you have anything for a splitting headache."  Warp asked.
    "Sure."  Paragon Comptroller said as he gave him a green pill.
Warp took the pill, and got to his feet and jogged away.

Paragon Avenger:

Paragon Avenger:

Paragon Avenger:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version