Author Topic: The Eastgate Affair  (Read 7043 times)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
  • You're not seeing double, I'm not wearing pants.
    • City of Warcraft or whatever it was called
Re: The Eastgate Affair
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 08:59:08 PM »
They re-entered the warehouse.
“Wow, they really did a lot to the place since we were here last.”  Kitten Man joked.
“Knock off that chatter, and look for Voids!”  Dude ordered.
“Yes, Mommy.”  Kitten Man quipped.
“Dude’s right, keep your eyes open, just because we already killed everything on this floor doesn’t mean that a Void might not jump from around the corner.”  Warp added trying to quell the coming storm.  The group got along alright, but Dude couldn’t take jokes about Voids.  Kitten Man would joke about his own Grandmother to get a laugh.  Flour Night liked Kitten Man’s jokes, especially at the expense of Dude.  They journeyed on encountering the occasional outcast stray, but Voids didn’t seem to be roaming around loose.  They made there way to the doorway of the room where they had all been killed earlier.
“I don’t like this place.”  Dude said.
“This is one of my favorite spots.”  Kitten Man said.
“Why?”  The Doctor asked.
“This is the very spot where Dude yelled, ‘Help me, help me!’, and died.”  Kitten Man laughed.
“That’s it!”  Dude cried out and charged Kitten Man.
Warp used levitate on Dude, protecting him from Kitten Man’s razor-like claws and sharp teeth.
“Put me down!”  Dude ordered.
“Ok, you smell like an outcast.”  Flour Night giggled.
“Breadstick lady made a joke.”  The Doctor rejoined.
“I’ll put you down, when you calm down, and KM, stop provoking him.  Those Voids are scary.”  Warp said acting like a team leader.
“Ok, ok, I’m calm.”  Dude said calmly.
Warp released the levitate.
They all laughed.
I don't know when City of Heroes will return, or do I?

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 06:16:21 AM »
"Like, Dude, I'm sorry I made fun of your fear of the Voids."  Kitten Man said.
"Thank you.  Those Voids can one-shot me, and I hate it."  Dude confessed.
"Dude, don't take it so personal.  The Voids hate Khelds, that's all there is to it."  The Doctor added.
"Man, you should have seen me a week ago.  I couldn't even find the stupid Hollows.  Now look at me leading a team of heroes to capture the great FrostFire.  This city is difficult at times, but this is my city."  Warp explained.
They all laughed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2016, 03:22:05 AM »
“I’ve heard so much about you, I want to join your team.”  Super Fire Dragon said via his two-way wrist communicator.
“What the, I didn’t know we had these things.  Sure, I’ll send an invite.”  Warp said into his newly discovered two-way wrist communicator.  Thinking back, Warp remembered getting a bunch of junk when he passed the initiation level, but really didn’t pay much attention.  To be honest, he was struggling with lack of sleep at the time.
“Did you invite another hero to the team?”  Kitten Man asked.
“Yeah, his name is Super Fire Dragon, sounds gay, but to each his own.”  Warp answered.
“Wait, Super Fire Dragon!  The Super Fire Dragon!  Dude he is one of the most famous heroes ever.” The Doctor informed.
“What?”  Dude asked.
“Not you.  I just said ‘dude’ sorry.”  The Doctor replied.
“I heard that he is one of the Incarnates.”  Flour Night remarked.
“Wouldn’t that make him like a level buzzillion or something?”  Cheerleader asked.
“Yeah, he is going to screw up the drop tables for sure.”  Kitten Man complained.
“What are you talking about?”  Warp asked.
“Oh, nothing, don’t mind me, I’m just a silly little kitty, meow-meow.”  Kitten Man quickly replied.
“Anyway, what would a famous Incarnate like The Super Fire Dragon want with our little team.”  Dude wondered out loud.
“Something strange is going on here.”  Flour Night interjected.
“Great, just great!”  Warp exclaimed.
They all laughed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2017, 05:02:59 AM »
“Somebody’s coming up from behind us!”  Flour Night warned.
They stopped and turned and looked to see what new threat was approaching.  Could it be a Void them passed who is just now catching up to them?  Could it be a patrol of Outcasts?  They didn’t want to rush into battle with a foe blocking their escape route.  There he was.  About four foot tall, golden in color and with might looking wings.  It was a dragon; a tiny dragon!  He didn’t look angry as if he was preparing to attack.  He looked out of place.
“Sorry it took so long, but my … doctor said … to take … it easy.  Yeah, my doctor said to take it easy.”  The dragon said.
“Who are you?  Why are you here?  What do you want?”  A puzzled Warp fired questions.
“I am Super Fire Dragon!  Hero of the City, Top Dog, Freedom Corps Insider, Ten Times the Victor, Task Force Commander, just call me Dragon.  Why are any of us here?  What do we all want?”  Super Fire Dragon replied.
“I am your biggest fan.”  The Doctor said.
“No, my biggest fan is the Fattinator.  Have you seen that guy?  Huge!  And yellow, bright yellow.”  SFD fired back.
“Super Fire Dragon, would you sign this for me?  Make it out to Flour Night.”  Flour Night asked shoving a piece of paper at the dragon.
“Is this a paternity suit?   Because, it was two guys that looked like me.”  SFD exclaimed.
“No, silly, I want your autograph.”  Flour Night countered.
“A real life dragon.  In Texas, we have some strange things, but you top them all.”  Cheerleader said.
“Well, deary, you’re no longer in Texas.  As Kolissa might say.”  SFD answered while signing autographs for Flour Night and Kitten Man and The Doctor.
“Enough of this, we have a mission to complete.”  Warp said taking charge.
“Yeah, about that.  Why are we doing this low-level mission?  I heard that there might be some bigger problems in Dark Astoria.”  SFD remarked.
“Dark Astoria, I can barely find the Hollows!”  Warp admitted.
“Wait, are you an incarnate?”  SFD asked.
“No.”  Warp replied.
“You are Warped, right?”  SFD asked.
“I beg your pardon.”
“I mean your name.  Is it Warped?”  SFD asked again.
“No!  She’s Flour Night.  He’s Kitten Man.  That’s The Doctor.  There’s Cheerleader.  That guy over there looking nervous is Dude, and I’m Warp.”  Warp explained.
“Boy is my face red.”  SFD began laughing.  “Man, I can’t believe this.”  SFD continued still laughing.  “How did I ever do this?”  SFD asked out loud to no one still laughing.  “Oh my!”  SFD laughed.
“You joined our team mistaking Warp for some incarnate name Warped?”  Cheerleader asked.
“Please.  I beg you.  Please do NOT tell, Kolissa.  I’ll never live this down.”  SFD pleaded wiping the tears of laughter from his eyes.
They said their goodbyes, and SFD gave each of them 50,000i and left the map and the team.
“One of these days,  I’m going to be a class act, like Super Fire Dragon.”  Kitten Man stated.
“Me too.”  The others repeated.
“One of these days, I’m going to find that Warped guy.”  Warp threatened.
“One of these days, I’m going to find Kolissa.”  Cheerleader said.
They all laughed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2017, 03:26:34 AM »
“Ok, enough of this.  We got FrostFire to bring in.”  Warp said thinking like a bounty hunter.
Warp started down the corridor and the others followed.  Each of them knew that fame and fortune lay just beyond defeating FrostFire.  As they walked they thought in silence about their careers as superheroes.  Can they actually become like Super Fire Dragon, a hero of the city.  They thought about how it really wasn’t that long ago when a fight with a street gang in Atlas Park might end with a trip to the hospital.  Today, they street-sweep AP for fun.

Cheerleader thought about her home in Texas, and how one little mistake sent her to Paragon boy-it’s-cold-up-here City.  The heroes she has met are super, no pun intended.  The people are great.  Most of the other heroes have helped her in one way or another.  She remembered asking for directions to The Hollows.  She was told to go to East Gate Park and ask Officer David Wincott.  After he told her his sob story, she realized that she was in The Hollows.

Meanwhile, The Doctor was remembering his first few days “in city”, as some call it.  He loved using his healing aura field generator, but healing other directly was always a blast.  He actually gets to target and shoot at fellow heroes, not just teammates.  He would run around AP and do heal-and-runs.  Being with a team is completely different.  He is amazed how quickly a team of lowbies can go through their health during battle.  Also, certain scrappers have actually yelled at him for healing them.  There is obviously more to superhero work than just passing out bandages.

Flour Night was also thinking.  Thinking how getting out and battling crime is way more fun than baking cookies.  She remembered this one customer that would come in to the shop and say, “Cookie”.  She would hand him a box of a dozen cookies.  He would up-end the box into his mouth, eating all the cookies almost at once.  He would put some money on the counter and ask for more.  A couple times, she actually had to call the cops, what a weirdo.

Kitten Man loves being a scrapper.  Why would anybody want to be anything else?  He can go toe-to-toe with the worst “the city” has to offer and never even worry about getting hurt.  If he does put up damage, he can heal himself.  What do defenders do?  Oh, probably heal everybody else.  Like blasters, who face-plant when a bad guy looks crossed-eyed at them.

Dude is always on the look out for Voids.  Honestly, without Voids, being a Peacebringer would be awesome.  He can be a better tank than most tanks that he has teamed with.  And his squid form is simply out of this world.  He can out blaster most of the blasters on most teams his been on.  He can easily out blast Flour Night; breadstick powers?  Really?

Just then somebody yelled, “Void”, and the team sprung into action.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2017, 04:25:31 AM »
“Wait!”  Flour Night cried.
Everyone stopped.
“What’s the matter?”  Warp asked.  Flour Night hasn’t been the type to cause trouble; she must have a good reason for making everyone stop.
“That room up ahead; that’s where Frost Fire is.”  Flour Night informed.
“How do you know for sure?”  Kitten Man asked.
“Because I can see him, and it is the last room.”

They stood there more a long moment.  Frost Fire, the reason they came to the Hollows, was in the next room.  Frost Fire, the one and only.  They had heard stories about Frost Fire.  That he can fly.  He has fire pets and ice pets.  He is one tough customer.  They remembered that scene, where he had warned them that he was once just like them --- simple.
“Frost Fire had better look out, because we’re coming.”  Dude said unconvincingly.
“Yeah, Frost Fire better not try anything.”  Cheerleader said with conviction.
“Frost Fire, ha!”  Kitten Man scoffed
“Yeah, I’ve brought in tougher bounties sleep-deprived.”  Warp added.
They all cheered and shouted words of encouragement.

“Ok, here’s the plan.  Kitten Man stay close to the door.  Cheerleader round-them-up, but stay clear of Frost Fire.”  Warp begun instructing his team.
“Yeah-yeah.”  Cheerleader interrupted.
“Where do you want me?”  The Doctor asked.
“Back there, cover us, but be ready to setup a field station.”
“Right.”  The Doctor replied.
“Flour Night, stay behind Kitten Man, use him as a shield.  We need your fire-power.”  Warp ordered.
“I’ll guard you my lady with my life.”  Kitten Man promised.
“How gallant.”  Flour Night exclaimed.

“Cheerleader, bring a group of five to seven, please.”  Warp asked nicely.
“And hold the Voids.”  Dude insisted.
“Bosses or lieutenants?”  Cheerleader teased.
“Just stay away from Frost Fire.”  Warp reminded her.  Cheerleader can be a show-off.  It would be just like her to bring the entire room to the doorway with Frost Fire leading the charge.

Cheerleader went into the room.  She quickly got the layout of the room, a great big square.  The devs pretty much phoned it in that day.  She decided on the group to get first and easily got their attention.  Wearing a cheerleaders’ outfit pretty much guarantees that you will get all sorts of attention, no matter who you are.  She brought the group to the doorway.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 06:21:23 AM »
"Anybody who says 'girls can't superhero' will get a claw across the face from me.  Cheerleader, you rock."  Kitten Man admired.
"That's the nicest thing anybody has said to me since I left Texas."  Cheerleader said with moist eyes.
"Yes, Cheerleader, you have managed to remove just about everybody from the room except Frostfire and a couple guards."  Warp explained.

"Yes, Warp, we can see that, duh."  Dude said wondering why Warp was stating the obvious.
"I think Warp was reiterating such an amazing achievement.  Any one would be proud to call Cheerleader he's friend."  The Doctor remarked.
"Cheerleader, when you're ready, we'll charge Frosty."  Warp said ignoring Dude.
"Yeah, give me a minute."  Cheerleader replied.

"Oh, I know this might not be the best time, but I heard that 'The Corner Store' is having a special, and I wanted to  ..."  Flour Night started.
"You have got to be kidding me.  See, this is why girls can't superhero."  Kitten Man said.
They all stopped and looked at Kitten Man.  "What?"  Kitten Man asked.
"First, Flour Night, wait until after we stomp Frostfire."  The Doctor said.
"Yeah!"  They shouted.
"Kitten Man, girls can superhero, you said so yourself."  The Doctor continued.
"I was testing you, seeing if you were awake, you passed, yay!"  Kitten Man responded.

"Here's the plan, Kitten Man, stick to Cheerleader and tear Frostfire a new one."  Warp ordered.
"Right, boss."
"Doc, you do what you do at a safe distance for Cheerleader and Kitten Man."  Warp instructed.
"Right, Chief."
"Flour Night, concentrate on Frostfire."  Warp suggested.
"Yessir."
"Dude, you're with me, providing protection to our squishies."  Warp ordered.
"But, I AM a squishie."
"Not in Tank form."  Warp reminded.
They all laughed.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2018, 11:35:26 PM »
Each of them knew his or her job.  Each of them did his or her job well.  Each of them survived.  Survived an encounter with the baddest of the baddies.  He has green skin.  He has a powerful punch.  He can fly.  And just to make him totally awesome, he has pets.  He has three frostlings that can stomp and punch anything.  He has three fire imps that are just bad news.  Warp and the others had learned long ago, attack the puppet master, not the puppets.  Frostfire bit the dust in an epic battle.

"Are we bad or are we bad-ass?"  Kitten Man asked rhetorically.
"Thank you, thank you all for helping me bring down one bad hombre."  Warp thanked.
"Warp, it was a real privilege to team with you."  The Doctor said and teleported away.
"Warp, look me up some time when you need a blaster with bread stick powers."  Flour Night offered and then teleported.

"Kitten Man, laterz."  Dude said and teleported.
"I might act the fool some times, but I ain't no fool.  You two want to be alone.  Bye."  Kitten Man said and also teleported.
"For a tank, you're very pretty."
"Thanks, I get that a lot."  Cheerleader replied.

"I know this cozy place in Kings that serves the best waffles in Paragon City."
"Count me in."  Cheerleader said cheerfully.
With that they both left for Kings Row.  Warp didn't even visit Flux to left him know that the mission had been a success.  All of a sudden, college, bounty-hunting, impressing contacts and even getting top security clearance didn't matter to Terrance.  The only thing that mattered was getting to know Cheerleader better.