Author Topic: Coming Soon  (Read 209833 times)

themamboman

• Lieutenant
Re: Coming Soon
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2015, 05:03:25 PM »
Ah, The Tiki Bar, here I come!

Also, special zones like the ski slopes and others, will those be available?

Also, will we have some sort of auto-notification of updates as you fix bugs and improve performance (and features) or will we need to check this website?

Thanks for doing this, can't wait to be back 'home'!

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2015, 05:07:36 PM »
Ah, The Tiki Bar, here I come!

I've been assuming that if it's available in ICON it would be available in SOON!tm

If so, then any map that works with the client would be available somehow
(and if not at first, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take long before somebody hacks a solution)
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2015, 05:17:51 PM »
... okay, you see my avatar, right?

SOON, WE DINE IN PARAGON CITY!  ;D
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2015, 05:19:13 PM »
Nice Stuff! I had a feeling we'd get to chat together again on a server. Never thought we'd also be entering buildings like city hall like CodeWalker mentioned.

Question: Since doors ingame are being worked on. Are you also working on zone travel? Per say as in entering the big gates (i.e open highways to other zones) or metro-rail travel?

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2015, 05:21:47 PM »
Question for travel is the trans working? Or is it dev input commands?
This is awesome btw :).
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2015, 05:40:16 PM »
Will there be a single networked community sharing a single virtual space? Or will it be a few predefined communities, or will it be loosely organized groups of folks?

At launch, the only officially supported server will be the Titan XMPP server that we are in the process of setting up. This is for two reasons, first is that it's running the server software that we've been developing and testing against (Openfire) so it's the most likely to actually work smoothly, and we can better support problems that people run into. The second is to get a decently sized chunk of the community together in one place to get the ball rolling. Also, for people who already have Titan accounts, they will automatically have an XMPP account and not have to set up something extra.

That said, it's designed to follow the XMPP specification, so in theory it can be used with any XMPP server that anybody is running so long as it supports the MUC (multi-user chat) service. The initial release defaults to the Titan server, but I'm sure it will not take enterprising users long to figure out how to point it elsewhere if they so desire, creating smaller private communities. That's up to them.

It was designed so that it should also work with open federated XMPP, allowing users to be on different servers and still chat with each other. Seeing each other is also possible, but at the moment requires typing some slash commands to establish a connection to a map hosted on a different conference service. It's also much less tested than the single-server setup and is kind of a 'for future use' item.

The Ski Chalet is currently not available, but it's on my to-do list to add a quick hack to that map to make it visible, so it'll probably make it in.

Also, will we have some sort of auto-notification of updates as you fix bugs and improve performance (and features) or will we need to check this website?

Update nags when a new version is available are also on the "not yet implemented, try to get this done in the next week or two before release" list.

Question: Since doors ingame are being worked on. Are you also working on zone travel? Per say as in entering the big gates (i.e open highways to other zones) or metro-rail travel?

That's a wish-list item that may or may not be working in time. It's not too difficult to implement given the current state things are in, just a question of getting the time to do it.

Question for travel is the trans working? Or is it dev input commands?
This is awesome btw :).

Trams are less likely to be working than the direct zone connections. There is a slash command to jump to any of the normal city and hazard zones by using its numeric map ID, so it's relatively quick to get where you want.

In-zone travel is a little slow since there's just running at the moment. Movement modes approximating flight and the other travel powers are something we're targeting for the 1.1 update.

Korbian

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2015, 05:54:28 PM »
*swoons a little*

Auroxis

• Boss
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2015, 06:00:02 PM »
This. Friggin. Rocks.

I have quite a few stuff on my wish-list for future releases, but I'll keep em to myself until I get my hands on this beauty. Don't wanna disturb the wizards at work.

Sullster

• Underling
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2015, 06:02:06 PM »
This. Friggin. Rocks.

I have quite a few stuff on my wish-list for future releases, but I'll keep em to myself until I get my hands on this beauty. Don't wanna disturb the wizards at work.

Indeed, This will be amazing :D
The Original Suicidal Fire/Thermal Corruptor
Union Server

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2015, 06:25:46 PM »
Holey shamoley!! Somebody call The Cape! I think it's almost time for a parteeee!!!

Nightsjester

• Minion
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2015, 06:27:56 PM »
This is fantastic guys! Sure its not really the game part of the game but its the part I utilized the most in the best roleplaying environment the mmo world has ever seen. Do you guys know how many concurrent users will be possible yet?

Tater Todd

• Underling
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2015, 06:34:56 PM »
Woot!  I'm so excited!

*Snoopy Dance*

spindisc

• Minion
    • Random Dice - CoH
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2015, 06:39:53 PM »
Best news ever:)

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2015, 06:41:35 PM »
*joins the Snoopy Dance*

This is going to be fun.  ;D
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2015, 06:52:24 PM »

I'll be posting the development roadmap sometime within the next week when I do the official announcement. That shows what features are already planned for future versions with approximate priority and difficulty to implement to get an idea for which ones will be first.

So you can reconcile your personal wish list with that and see which items are already covered. :)

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2015, 07:01:55 PM »

Looks like crossed Scimitar's... But this is going to get people talking Mr Codewalker, you tease, just wait till FFM see's this! Let the Inquisition begin  ;)

*EXPLODES*

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2015, 07:35:57 PM »
THIS IS OFFICIALLY AWESOME!!!

I don't post much, but lurk around here a lot, I call it 'picking at scabs' as the closure of the City still affects me, and I've seen some of the best, and worst, of our Community since then. I used to play in Icon all the time, mostly logging in to fly in and out of Atlas Park to hear the theme music well up and get me through some 'rough spots', and still do visit it from time to time when I need a boost. The important thing is that the little SG that we formed is still together and teaming, if in other places... though there's no place like home...

But I digress... (wrote that paragraph like 5 times- this is happy news and I don't want to inflict all my emotional stuff on you guys- or at least minimize it ;) )

I have to say, it's something like this that has kept me coming back here, hoping. I'm happy the folks that created Icon have been plugging away at it to help bring our City back to us in some way. Now that this is happening I'm going to have to put more time into visiting Icon, and re-learning popmenus and such, researching game lore... and put my tabletop GM skills to use...

I tried to keep this as coherent as possible... Bouncing around a lot of thoughts and emotions right now... Just.... awesome stuff!!!!!! Thank you!!!

Seriously, thank you.

Lyc~

Shadowe

• Boss
  • Just don't tell Manticore...
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2015, 07:43:47 PM »
Has FFM posted here since I mentioned this thread to him?

*looks upthread*

Ah, so he has.

;D
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2015, 07:48:33 PM »
Has FFM posted here since I mentioned this thread to him?

*looks upthread*

Ah, so he has.

;D

DUUUUUUUDEOMGWTFBBQ!!!!!1111ONEONEONEELEVENEVELEN

In all seriousness though.. Codewalker, I take my hat off to you! Where do I send the beer & donuts? ;)

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2015, 07:55:28 PM »
It may not be the return of City of Heroes in full. It may not be missions, combat, or task forces. Or NPC mobs to beat on scattered through the zones.

But that was never the heart and soul of the COH community anyway.

It was the costume creator, the robust chat and emote system that let us organize and keep track of conversations and express ourselves to each other.

It was costume contests and parties in Pocket D and under Atlas statue. It was gathering for RP in Gemini Park. Or chatting locally with a friend in some out of the way part of the zone.

If this gives us back all those options, it's a monumental achievement, and one that helps keep the spirit of COH alive and the community together.

You guys freaking rock!