Author Topic: Where I have been for two years.  (Read 74002 times)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: Where I have been for two years.
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2015, 02:52:23 AM »
You should go see a rabbit about getting those nails done...

But there is so much monstering to do and not enough time for manicures

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2015, 04:06:02 AM »
Poor ML, all the junk happens to her then she has to read my posts.
(Just trying to help.)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2015, 02:30:02 AM »
But then you have to read my crew-chief's blog about the WEC/Tudor racing weekend.  And I'll make you read another about the upcoming F1 weekend.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2015, 02:37:34 AM »
But then you have to read my crew-chief's blog about the WEC/Tudor racing weekend.  And I'll make you read another about the upcoming F1 weekend.
Are there red monsters in it?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2015, 04:52:04 AM »
Are there red monsters in it?

There will probably be Mr. Bill, and possibly Huffalump.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2015, 01:50:55 AM »
There will probably be Mr. Bill, and possibly Huffalump.

Without red monsters, every story falls flat.  I'll pass.

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2015, 05:18:11 PM »
 Hugs Victrix...I just want to point out to everyone that if you have not already bought or read a copy of it...Mercedes Lackey has a fantastic superhero series which also features her CoH character Seraphym...it has lots of intrigue, politics and action.
 It's a collaboration with several other great writers so go buy the books, read them and if you cant afford the book - ask your library to pick up a copy.

SecretWorld Series:
 - INVASION
 - WORLD DIVIDED
 - REVOLUTION

I am eagerly awaiting the 4th book...and the cover art is fantastic too!!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:23:43 PM by FeliciaDivine »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2015, 05:52:18 AM »
The fourth book was out earlier this year:

COLLISION:

http://www.amazon.com/Collision-Book-Secret-World-Chronicle/dp/147673691X

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2015, 10:06:23 AM »
The fourth book was out earlier this year:

COLLISION:

http://www.amazon.com/Collision-Book-Secret-World-Chronicle/dp/147673691X

Nice cover work!, brilliant giant monster design too, is that Mecha Lusca? (you don't have to answer if it would spoil a plot)
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2015, 03:31:34 PM »
 Thank you Victrix and Joshex, much appreciated...I will be buying one for my private library and one for our local library!

Now im eagerly awaiting the 5th book hahahaha

And yes Victrix I have many of your books in my collection, I started collecting since I picked up Children of the Night and later on went back and bought your previous novels. I have 8 bookshelves of authors...your with Stephen King, Anne Rice, Dean R Koontz, John Grishom, Lincoln Child, Stephen B Parker and Ellis Peters...this gives you an idea of the authors I collect...
 About 10 years ago I started collecting newer authors...James Rollins, Matthew Reilly, Patricia Briggs, Carrie Vaughn, Anna Windsor and Kim Harrison!
 I have always been an avid reader...I did not start online until 2007 and CoH was my first and will always be my favorite mmorpg. I am not a big tv or movie watcher...I enjoy BOOKS!

You have always been one of my favorites...I am saddened by how much things have gone wrong around you...I remember hearing about the aviary being damaged too...I know your soft and gooey inside but strong to the world...but know this...
 You have brought light to many of our lives, helped many and we all do love you for who you are, you have made a difference in this world!!!

AND WELCOME BACK!!!!

I'll be right back, it's time to buy more bookshelves :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:38:45 PM by FeliciaDivine »

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2015, 05:10:15 PM »
Eventually, once other renovations are done on the house, we'll be building a wall of bookshelves. We'll probably be hiding the access to the garage behind a Murphy door disguised as a bookshelf. We'd have plenty of room for more Mercedes Lackey books. My personal library takes up 2 shelves (and then some) double stacked and my collection of Mercedes Lackey's books takes up over half of one shelf alone. L. E. Modesitt Jr. takes up the rest of the shelf.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2015, 11:08:21 PM »
 Thanks for that post Twisted I have not collected or read much of L. E. Modesitt. I looked him up and was impressed, i'll be making my way through his many series now.
 Time to renovate the basement...definitely going to need a new bookcase or two now :)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2015, 02:20:15 AM »
Eventually, once other renovations are done on the house, we'll be building a wall of bookshelves. We'll probably be hiding the access to the garage behind a Murphy door disguised as a bookshelf. We'd have plenty of room for more Mercedes Lackey books. My personal library takes up 2 shelves (and then some) double stacked and my collection of Mercedes Lackey's books takes up over half of one shelf alone. L. E. Modesitt Jr. takes up the rest of the shelf.
I understand the book-hoarding........
(3.5 shelves of husband's books) (and a Godzilla pinata, because why not)
(top row of my books, bookshelves of board/tabletop games) (on the right are boxes full of books waiting for more shelves...)

(and this is only 3/4 of our collection...still waiting on more shelves to put up!)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2015, 04:06:47 AM »
Books make excellent insulation, and in the event of the meltdown of society and dystopian future, they also make excellent bullet-stops.

Joshex, the critter on the front of Collision is the Nazi Death Sphere (the other books in the series have featured the Nazi Death Eagle, the Nazi Death Wolf, and Ubermensch in his Nazi Death Power Armor.  The last will have a Nazi Death Dragon).  Of course the Nazis are alien Nazis, because, why not.

One thing for sure, no matter how much goes wrong in my life, the writing continues.  Roughly four books a year.  I'm about to break 100.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2015, 04:37:11 AM »
That's one busy writer.  :)  Keep at it!

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2015, 09:25:45 PM »
Books make excellent insulation, and in the event of the meltdown of society and dystopian future, they also make excellent bullet-stops.

Joshex, the critter on the front of Collision is the Nazi Death Sphere (the other books in the series have featured the Nazi Death Eagle, the Nazi Death Wolf, and Ubermensch in his Nazi Death Power Armor.  The last will have a Nazi Death Dragon).  Of course the Nazis are alien Nazis, because, why not.

One thing for sure, no matter how much goes wrong in my life, the writing continues.  Roughly four books a year.  I'm about to break 100.

heh, that would explain where hitler got that haircut and mustache style, I always thought it was because of some mental disorder, but yes, aliens! it explains everything now.

Can't complain about content, just like the Indiana Jones movies all the best action takes place when fighting nazis. I'll have to give this thing a read.

I wish I had that kind of gusto to plow out 4 books, can't even seem to get through the 3rd chapter in one lol.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Dollhouse

• Boss
  • "What will happen? Will I dream?"
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2015, 09:45:13 PM »

Not exactly a hardship: I loves me some racing!

So good to see your words again, M. I haven't been here much more than you have for a couple years. "I have not abandoned hope...'though I know there's nothing more."

Oh, and Mirka says hi...

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2015, 06:29:54 AM »
Not exactly a hardship: I loves me some racing!

So good to see your words again, M. I haven't been here much more than you have for a couple years. "I have not abandoned hope...'though I know there's nothing more."

Oh, and Mirka says hi...

Ask, and thou shalt receive:

http://autojim.kinja.com/a-marshal-diary-for-the-cota-tudor-wec-race-weekend-1732255777

Sadly the F1 weekend was.....damp.  As in Thursday, Friday and Saturday events, practices and qualifiers were all canceled because the remains of Hurricane Patricia rolled into Austin and stayed.  They crammed everything into Sunday, and the hill behind us (Turn 1) was epic levels of Woodstock mud.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2015, 07:44:52 AM »
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2015, 07:55:51 AM »
Right on the picture:

"Based upon characters first created in the popular MMORPG, City of Heroes"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :p
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal