Author Topic: Where I have been for two years.  (Read 74564 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: Where I have been for two years.
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2015, 05:34:56 AM »
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2015, 07:20:58 AM »
The Secret World MMO changed their original name to the name Secret World more than a year after the publication of the first book, and more than two years after the initiation of the podcast.  Maybe it's coincidence...but what is not coincidence is the fact that a full four years after the first podcast and three years after the publication of the first book is that they used the name "Secret World Chronicles" as that of their Vault system.  And why would anyone name a storage system a "chronicle"?
Thank you for the answer :) I did not know they changed the name. I have no idea about chronical, I do think it could be that they thought it might be catchy.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2015, 06:01:49 AM »
Thank you for the answer :) I did not know they changed the name. I have no idea about chronical, I do think it could be that they thought it might be catchy.

Given the circumstances, I am skeptical that is the reason.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2015, 01:17:03 AM »
VV has inspired me to write a book about a City of Heroes team.
Thanks, VV!

(I'll probably need 7 other people to help me.)

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2015, 07:59:27 PM »
Collaborations are fun, count me in if you want help.
Personal Message me if you want my e-mail :)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2015, 03:58:10 AM »
Well, I'm not sure about it.
Give me a writing sample, FeliciaDivine.
Go to Roleplaying and add the next entry to either:
"The THeM Story" or
"The East Gate Affair" or both or something brand new.

lay-off WHATHG series though, I have certain plans for them.

No, I'm not declaring those stories open to anybody, of course I can't stop anyone from doing nothing.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2015, 07:10:16 AM »
Just as an update, FD has handed in a writing sample and it looks good.

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2015, 03:27:06 PM »
 Thank you :)
 Victrix if you can spare a few minutes check out Avenger's story and see if you would like to join us, we are working on The East Gate Affair :)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #128 on: December 21, 2015, 02:45:39 AM »
Thank you :)
 Victrix if you can spare a few minutes check out Avenger's story and see if you would like to join us, we are working on The East Gate Affair :)

*Looks at long, long list of books and short stories due.*

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2015, 04:01:43 AM »
 (Giggles) ok, I understand, it was just a thought for when your taking a breather between other stories.
 I have the book Collision on order. Being Christmas and it's in the mail it might be a couple of weeks before I get to read it.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2015, 06:54:17 AM »

Are you crazy, she'll take one look at my writing and run screaming for the hills.

VV's too busy, but there might be others ...

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2015, 04:07:21 PM »
 (Laughing out loud) your a pretty good writer PA. VV has helped groom many writers and is in my opinion one of the Top 100 Best Writers of this century...The Heralds of Valdemar series alone cements her as an icon. Of course she is busy but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I hope others will join us as we poke fun, recreate adventures with a twist, and lament the loss of our home. Atlas Park is my favorite place!

Yes I think VV is a definitely in the same heavy weight category as Isaac Asimov and Stephen King!!! Her books are a must read before you die, so add that to your bucket list :)

If your interested in collaborating on a CoH story go to the Roleplaying section of the forums, read Avengers stories then contact him!

As for VV being back, I am praying the hardest part of your life is over and you can start enjoying life a little.

Fireheart

• Boss
« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2015, 10:25:32 PM »
I have to agree, that VV is an amazing writer.  I find it very easy to be... completely comfortable in any of her worlds and... (checks bibliography)... Yup, I've read just about everything she's written.  Ships and Bards and Detectives and Godmothers - Such FUN!

I'm looking forward to the next wondrous story.

Be Well!
Fireheart

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2015, 04:21:00 AM »

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2015, 03:24:11 AM »

That cookie looks delicious, mine if I ... hey come back here!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2016, 04:09:02 AM »
I've never read any of Mercedes Victrix's 'Planet Nowhere' books.
I'm sure that they are good, at least Brick seems to like them.

Zerohour

• Lieutenant
  • Trapped in the Speed Force
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2016, 01:35:55 AM »
Sorry, maybe its before my time, but why are we supposed to care where you've been for 2 years?

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2016, 06:08:51 AM »
Some people like people and miss them when they go.  If you don't know a person than maybe you should be thoughtful.

VV, good luck.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2016, 06:45:24 AM »
Sorry, maybe its before my time, but why are we supposed to care where you've been for 2 years?

WEll, not too long after the shut down, Mercedes Lackey and a few others were in a effort to bring CoH back. Mercedes posted quite abit on the forums during that period. Then, all of a sudden, we heard nothing from her for 2 years. This particular thread was her letting us know that she had survived the various situations that life had thrown her way and was back with us again. Come of us were actually concerned about her sudden absence from the forums and are glad that she's back.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2016, 05:47:31 PM »
Perhaps, since CoH players are a tight-knit community, we would care because she's one of us. 

If you need more, then because she and her husband have been stanch supporters of the movements to try and buy back the game, as well as the fact that she's a wonderful writer who's put out four books now based on COH characters, all of which are an engrossing read, and a whole world of other fantasy fiction.  Seriously, just google Mercedes Lackey.

Speaking of her books, I just finished Collision, and I can quite honestly say I laughed, I cried, I cheered, and I'm already eagerly awaiting #5.   :D