Author Topic: Paragon Chat FAAAQ  (Read 312461 times)

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat FAAAQ
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2015, 09:41:24 PM »
For the ICON team, my money is on them having done what I suggested something like a year and half ago.  A server where we can all login together and chat, fly around, etc.  No powers, no missions, no enemies, but the community can come together online again.  That's my bet on what they've done.
Called it.  8)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2015, 09:45:05 PM »
Ah. You're rather presented as part of the team as such, though. And I suspect that anyone looking to nail them team will find someone who says they "tend to care a lot less about US law" associating with the team a nice bit of character assassination.

However, I'm unaware of a law that would make associating with an Argentinian a crime.  It is perfectly legal for a non-US citizen residing outside the United States to say they do not care about US law, because US law doesn't generally apply to their activities.  I'm sure there are a lot of French people willing to say they tend to care a lot less about US law, but as much as we'd like to, we can't arrest them all.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2015, 09:45:13 PM »

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2015, 09:50:18 PM »
However, I'm unaware of a law that would make associating with an Argentinian a crime.

Not even a narcoleptic one?

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2015, 09:50:28 PM »
*Hands over cookie*
A Harkonnen cookie?!

*Checks for poison*

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2015, 09:53:30 PM »
For the ICON team, my money is on them having done what I suggested something like a year and half ago.  A server where we can all login together and chat, fly around, etc.  No powers, no missions, no enemies, but the community can come together online again.  That's my bet on what they've done.
Called it.  8)

Three days before:

I see two possibilities:

1.  Animation engine.  Basically a super demo system where a small engine connects to the I24 client and allows players to script up action they can then experience themselves.  Kind of like a mission architect, but with only hand waving.  Good for machinima editors if nothing else.

2.  Super Sims.  Basically, a MMO server that can talk to (a possibly modified) I24 client and allow people to see each other.  Essentially, multiplayer Icon.  Still mostly all you could do is emote at each other, but heck all MMOs actually start here anyway.

Technically speaking, I called it twice.   8) :roll: ;D :o

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2015, 09:56:18 PM »
Technically speaking, I called it twice.   8) :roll: ;D :o
Who can argue with the Sultaness of Stats?  ;)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2015, 09:58:26 PM »
Not even a narcoleptic one?

Because I needed to be visualizing Leandro doing a tango while grunting the words to Roxanne.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2015, 06:58:39 AM »
A Harkonnen cookie?!

*Checks for poison*

<.<
>.>

Any insinuation that I would even consider the merest possibility of even considering to do such a thing, is a scurrilous lie and a slur upon my good name!

*swaps cookie for donut*

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2015, 01:57:12 PM »
*swaps cookie for donut*
Now you know it's poisoned. Poisoning cookies is a little beyond the pale, but donuts?
So far so good. Onward and upward!

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2015, 02:01:44 PM »
Now you know it's poisoned. Poisoning cookies is a little beyond the pale, but donuts?

You got the memo about me being evil right? Right? ;)

Yeah, you got it... Maybe.

Aoide

• Minion
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2015, 05:24:14 PM »
Question: For those of us who only have Icon (thus an Icon modified version of i24), and not a raw unmodified version of i24, can we still install and use Paragon Chat with the Icon modified version of i24?  Or is it something designed to work/work best when used with an unmodified version of i24?

Yeah, I'm asking since when I installed Icon I didn't backup i24 on the grounds that I never expected something besides Icon to come out that'd require the i24 stuff, thus having a copy probably was a waste of space (sorry!).

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2015, 05:32:09 PM »
Icon does not make permanent changes to the I24 install; it leaves the original files intact. Paragon Chat can happily work side by side with Icon, and there are some tentative plans for future versions of Icon to have features that can interoperate with Paragon Chat.

There is no reason to have two separate copies of I24. Both projects are designed to build on top of it and treat the original data as read-only.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2015, 05:56:00 PM »
Icon does not make permanent changes to the I24 install; it leaves the original files intact. Paragon Chat can happily work side by side with Icon, and there are some tentative plans for future versions of Icon to have features that can interoperate with Paragon Chat.

There is no reason to have two separate copies of I24. Both projects are designed to build on top of it and treat the original data as read-only.

Man, I wish these forums (fora?) had a "like" button.  I hope you realize the vast, churning, engulfing WAVES of gratitude all this -- every single damn post -- sends coursing through all the levels of my being.

And I am more than certain that I am not the only one.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2015, 06:06:32 PM »
Man, I wish these forums (fora?) had a "like" button.  I hope you realize the vast, churning, engulfing WAVES of gratitude all this -- every single damn post -- sends coursing through all the levels of my being.

And I am more than certain that I am not the only one.
Indeed, you are not! It makes my heart glad that people far more clever than I are still plugging away at this. :D

Lyc~

Jibily

• Underling
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2015, 06:25:26 PM »
I'm so excited for this but now I'm freaking out because I've lost touch with all my SG/RP friends.

Would it be possible to get a subforum for people to create threads for SGs looking for members to to chime in? Or like a per-server subforum for SGs to send out their smoke signals and Bat Signals to find their old friends?

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2015, 06:29:36 PM »
I'm so excited for this but now I'm freaking out because I've lost touch with all my SG/RP friends.

Would it be possible to get a subforum for people to create threads for SGs looking for members to to chime in? Or like a per-server subforum for SGs to send out their smoke signals and Bat Signals to find their old friends?

Yes, a "survivors" board to re-unite "families" after the natural disaster of the shutdown.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2015, 07:57:41 PM »
I hope you realize the vast, churning, engulfing WAVES of gratitude all this -- every single damn post -- sends coursing through all the levels of my being.

Do you need a subforum where you can be alone for a few minutes?

Takinalis

• Boss
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2015, 08:22:14 PM »

Awesomesauce. It would be awesome if other folks could see spawns from a "Game Masters" local client.
Valkyrie Blade - Virtue Server