Author Topic: Paragon Chat FAAAQ  (Read 312490 times)

indiramourning

• Minion
Re: Paragon Chat FAAAQ
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »
My guess is the instructions will be something like download Paragon Chat, stick it in the same directory as your I24 client, run it...
But then there are poor chumps like me who don't have the computer anymore that had my I24 client installed.  So I'm left out in the cold  :'(

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2015, 03:04:51 PM »
But then there are poor chumps like me who don't have the computer anymore that had my I24 client installed.  So I'm left out in the cold  :'(

You're in luck: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Titan_Icon#Installer_Downloads_.28USER_FRIENDLY.2C_FOR_NEW_HARD_DRIVES.29
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Aoide

• Minion
« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2015, 03:45:59 PM »
I have another stupid question (one that I feel insanely stupid even asking), but with Windows 10 coming out in the next few weeks do people need to worry at all about any issues that may come up with Paragon Chat if we're using the new(er) version of Windows? 

Yeah, I know it's possible you guys might not have had a chance to try it yet with Win10, but I figured I might as well ask considering the whole 'free upgrade' thing that Microsoft is pushing right now, and how many users/potential users may have already signed up for Win10 because of that.  Just want to see if there's any major issues due to that, so those of us who already signed up for the upgrade can be prepared.

Thanks and sorry.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2015, 03:46:57 PM »
I have another stupid question (one that I feel insanely stupid even asking), but with Windows 10 coming out in the next few weeks do people need to worry at all about any issues that may come up with Paragon Chat if we're using the new(er) version of Windows? 

Yeah, I know it's possible you guys might not have had a chance to try it yet with Win10, but I figured I might as well ask considering the whole 'free upgrade' thing that Microsoft is pushing right now, and how many users/potential users may have already signed up for Win10 because of that.  Just want to see if there's any major issues due to that, so those of us who already signed up for the upgrade can be prepared.

Thanks and sorry.

Nope. CoH works just fine with Windows 10.

Aoide

• Minion
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2015, 03:48:47 PM »
Nope. CoH works just fine with Windows 10.

Thanks!  And again, sorry for being a pain.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2015, 03:49:11 PM »
Thanks!  And again, sorry for being a pain.

You're not, don't worry. :)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #186 on: July 02, 2015, 04:48:41 PM »
If I want to log in from an XMPP client like trillian/pidgin, etc what server address or UN/PW should I punch in? (so I can put on my cape from my smart phone)
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2015, 04:51:43 PM »
If I want to log in from an XMPP client like trillian/pidgin, etc what server address or UN/PW should I punch in? (so I can put on my cape from my smart phone)

The server info will probably be made known once PC launches.  Right now, it's a test server...

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2015, 05:01:41 PM »
The public server is up, chat.cohtitan.com. The plan was to have the software release tomorrow but some last minute fixes have made that uncertain right now. CW and Coppertop were hard at work this week, I had family issues and did nothing. So feel free to rage at me for the delay.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2015, 05:08:44 PM »

It's chat.cohtitan.com and the same username and password for the rest of your Titan account. Be aware that as PC is not live yet we may (and probably will) take the server down periodically for configuration changes, installing the real TLS certificate, etc.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2015, 05:52:58 PM »
The public server is up, chat.cohtitan.com. The plan was to have the software release tomorrow but some last minute fixes have made that uncertain right now. CW and Coppertop were hard at work this week, I had family issues and did nothing. So feel free to rage at me for the delay.

RL happens dude, no one's going to yell at you for that.

Torture you, on the other hand... ;)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2015, 07:22:23 PM »
Good joke, but it was an honest question.  Not all of us are totally computer-literate.  I just wanted to be sure I was doing what I needed to to get ready for Paragon Chat's release.

Since Tequila only checks for updates when it starts, I believe she was basically saying shutdown and restart Tequila once per day, or as often as nervous tension demands, to see if Paragon Chat is available for download.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #192 on: July 02, 2015, 07:25:16 PM »

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #193 on: July 02, 2015, 11:57:28 PM »
It's chat.cohtitan.com and the same username and password for the rest of your Titan account.

Two caveats to the above:

1. If your username has characters that do not meet our current username policy, it won't work. You'll have to change your username first.

2. If your username contains spaces, then you'll need to convert them to underscores for XMPP. So if your username is Sister Psyche, then you'd use Sister_Psyche for XMPP.

In both cases, you can confirm whether your account is ready and what your XMPP login name is by logging in and visiting the account management page at http://cohtitan.com/manage. Scroll to the bottom for the "Titan Projects" section and read the text next to the Paragon Chat icon.

Takinalis

• Boss
« Reply #194 on: July 03, 2015, 02:53:48 AM »
I'm sorry, it seems that Leandro has solicited a request for Rage, apparently to power his next assault as a Brute. Unfortunately, he should have picked another character archetype. There is no Rage available for Leandro at this time.
Valkyrie Blade - Virtue Server

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #195 on: July 03, 2015, 04:45:55 AM »

No rage here... only excitement, and the half expectation that things would be delayed. (I briefly worked as a programmer on pre-AS-400 machines... things were never ready on schedule.)

RL family comes first.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #196 on: July 03, 2015, 05:36:21 AM »
Can we get a memorial for Timlord Tom? Alas, we hardly knew ye  :'(

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #197 on: July 03, 2015, 05:48:18 AM »
Can we get a memorial for Timlord Tom? Alas, we hardly knew ye  :'(

.... >.> <.<
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #198 on: July 03, 2015, 08:47:00 AM »
No plan survives contact with the enemy, and yeah real life takes precedence over game launches,
Besides launches  are often best on a Monday or  Tuesday so people  don't have to  work on a holiday weekend trying to  fix all the  bugs.

I am  married to a programmer in RL  so I'm an advocate of Programmers getting quality time with their families on holidays.
Really looking forwards to this though whenever it actually happens. but please do  not  kill yourself over a deadline  we  need you guys healthy and relatively  happy.

The idea IMHO is pure genius. after all mmos  right now are a dime a dozen and typically rp is not very good because they have to  focus on  Content/Power balance/events and role-play tends to be overlooked. Their are not many fully immersive Role-play worlds.   most rp environments are  text chat rooms, Facebook like programs, or  like IMVU which is clunky at best.  SoonTm will  set a new standard for Social Games/Chats.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #199 on: July 03, 2015, 09:50:14 AM »
Besides launches  are often best on a Monday or  Tuesday so people  don't have to  work on a holiday weekend trying to  fix all the  bugs.

Tuesday.  Never Monday.