Author Topic: Paragon Chat FAAAQ  (Read 312636 times)

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
Re: Paragon Chat FAAAQ
« Reply #240 on: July 05, 2015, 07:14:14 AM »
So like that time the Bankses left Will alone in the mansion for the weekend?

Exactly... no Carlton = no fun.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #241 on: July 05, 2015, 01:58:09 PM »
Are we supposed to log in to chat.cohtitan.com now as part of that account linking thing?  Because every time I try it says:

This site is currently under maintenance. Expected uptime is approximtely 1:00pm EST (5:00pm UTC). We apologize for the inconvenience!

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #242 on: July 05, 2015, 02:42:52 PM »
There's no need to visit http://chat.cohtitan.com -- nothing about Paragon Chat currently makes any use of that website.

To check your account, visit http://cohtitan.com and log in. Then scroll to the bottom of the account management page to look at the "Titan Projects" section. If it says "Paragon Chat: Your account is ready for Paragon Chat!" then are you set. If it says "Paragon Chat: Your account cannot currently access Titan's Paragon Chat server because your username does not meet our username requirements." then you'll need to change your username.

Logging in on the Titan main site also ensures that you have the proper password. Logging in on the forums does NOT assure that! We apparently didn't lock down the ability to change your password via the forums until just this past week. if you ever changed your password or email through the forums, then your forum account is out of sync with the rest of your Titan account. You should log in to the Titan main site to verify that you can log in properly, and if necessary update your email and password. If you can't log in to the Titan main site, you won't be able to log into Paragon Chat either.

Before Paragon Chat launch, you may optionally log in to the chat server using any XMPP client. This isn't required and if you have no idea what an XMPP client is, feel free to just ignore this paragraph entirely.

Once Paragon Chat launches, you'll be logging in to it through a desktop application that will be distributed. It still won't involve visiting http://chat.cohtitan.com though.

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #243 on: July 05, 2015, 04:13:41 PM »
Great, thanks, I figured I was fine but the last sentence made it seem like I might have to login on the web or through trillian or something before playing:

Your account is ready for Paragon Chat! You can log into Titan's Paragon Chat server as xxxxxxx@chat.cohtitan.com. Your account will automatically become linked after your first login.

kiki100

• Underling
« Reply #244 on: July 05, 2015, 06:28:33 PM »
I'm sure everyone has answered this question a million times by now, but I can't find a straightforward answer. Is the best way to download the client (I sadly deleted everything long ago), through Island Rum for Mac, or is there a better way now? Icon and Paragon Chat are linked, correct? So if someone has a link that I could follow to download Icon/Paragon Chat or both of them, I'm sure I can figure it out. I will forever be in your debt!!!!

Eeek so excited to be able to get on and see the costume creator and Paragon City again!!!

P.S. You can send me a message if that is easier.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #245 on: July 05, 2015, 06:57:23 PM »
I'm sure everyone has answered this question a million times by now, but I can't find a straightforward answer. Is the best way to download the client (I sadly deleted everything long ago), through Island Rum for Mac, or is there a better way now? Icon and Paragon Chat are linked, correct? So if someone has a link that I could follow to download Icon/Paragon Chat or both of them, I'm sure I can figure it out. I will forever be in your debt!!!!

Eeek so excited to be able to get on and see the costume creator and Paragon City again!!!

P.S. You can send me a message if that is easier.

Nope, no better way than either Tequilla for PC or Island Rum for Mac.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #246 on: July 05, 2015, 07:07:07 PM »
So if someone has a link that I could follow to download Icon/Paragon Chat or both of them, I'm sure I can figure it out. I will forever be in your debt!!!!
Links to download Island Rum, Tequila, map & npc popmenus, instructions, and much more, can be found HERE
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

indiramourning

• Minion
« Reply #247 on: July 06, 2015, 03:46:31 PM »

Nitekilla

• Minion
« Reply #248 on: July 06, 2015, 08:01:34 PM »
If you create and save a costume under Paragon Chat, do you believe we can re-load these costumes under the issue 24 image if the deal works out and we get City of Heroes back?

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #249 on: July 06, 2015, 09:33:42 PM »
The New Efforts deal is for i23, so likely not.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #250 on: July 06, 2015, 09:50:03 PM »
The New Efforts deal is for i23, so likely not.

On the other hand, I don't think the costume file format changed between I23 and I24 (it rarely changed which is why we could keep using our costume files from version to version).  What matters is whether you use a part that only existed in I24 or was changed in some structural way in I24.  If you make an I24 costume that does things impossible for I23, those parts will get "generic-ed" if you try to load that costume file in I23.  If you stick to parts that exist in I23, an I24 costume created in Paragon Chat should work fine in I23 if the game ever comes back in I23.  If you make a costume that doesn't work in I23, you'll probably still be able to use the file in I23, you'll just have to fix broken parts.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #251 on: July 06, 2015, 10:20:15 PM »
Okay, yeah. Arcana said what I meant (stupid med induced aphasia). I wrote a longer post that made no sense. I should stop advice giving until adjust period goes away.

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2015, 01:21:38 AM »
Tomorrow at this time I'll be chillin' in the D. feelsgoodman.jpg

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #253 on: July 07, 2015, 01:33:36 AM »
Tomorrow at this time I'll be chillin' in the D. feelsgoodman.jpg
So say we all!

Also - will global search work the same as it used to?

irvfrost

• Underling
« Reply #254 on: July 07, 2015, 04:43:08 AM »

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #255 on: July 07, 2015, 05:12:03 AM »
Can't wait to do some dumb RP with all you nerds
green hair

Twi

• Connoisseur of Fine Imports
  • Lieutenant
  • Defender
« Reply #256 on: July 07, 2015, 05:25:35 AM »
I hope you're better at RP than you are at leading Toot Force.
I am a defender and so can you.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #257 on: July 07, 2015, 05:51:28 AM »
Also - will global search work the same as it used to?

Nope.  According to Codewalker, there are technical issues with mapping search commands to XMPP server capabilities.  There is a specific feature where everyone who connects to Paragon Chat will be automatically joined to a special Paragon Chat global channel on the XMPP server, and theoretically speaking you could list everyone that was joined to that channel and search that member list.  However, that would include people who join that channel with regular old chat programs and were not logged in with Paragon Chat itself (meaning: they did not visibly exist in any zone represented within the game client via Paragon Chat), and would exclude people who were logged into Paragon Chat but for whatever reason decide to leave that global channel.

My guess is that at some point Codewalker will implement some server magic to make something like search work by performing a room by room search throughout the server (in City of Heroes terms, you'd have to search for the person you're looking for by searching for them zone by zone, instance by instance, for all instanced zones on the server, one at a time).  But don't expect that at release.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #258 on: July 07, 2015, 11:48:45 AM »
When I first log on, I will need some time for joy weeping.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #259 on: July 07, 2015, 12:00:11 PM »