Author Topic: Paragon Chat FAAAQ  (Read 312653 times)

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
Re: Paragon Chat FAAAQ
« Reply #380 on: July 10, 2015, 04:33:35 AM »
You want EMOTE CCCHANGE LIGHTNINGROD ONE

I tried editing my emote.cfg file and added:

Emote Zap
  Bits CCCHANGE LIGHTNINGROD ONE
End

The game let me login with no problem, but when I typed "/em zap", nothing happened. I tried typing "/em CCCHANGE LIGHTNINGROD ONE", and the text string "CCCHANGE LIGHTNINGROD ONE" was displayed in local chat as a word balloon overhead without any emote animation--so, not as intended. Similar result when I typed "/em CCCHANGE LIGHTNINGROD".

Evidently, I didn't correctly understand how to implement Codewalker's info.

Can the LIGHTNINGROD emote work in Paragon Chat? If yes, what needs to be added to emote.cfg? Or what arguments are needed for the /em command in the chat window?

In the CFG file, does it matter if there is one space before "Bits" or must there be two spaces? (I tried both. When I typed "/em zap", nothing happened either way.)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2015, 04:57:13 AM »
I'm stuck at work troubleshooting a BGP problem and unable to confirm this (and I got in trouble once already for not checking my sequencer data, blah) but it looks to me like you forgot the EMOTE bit.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #382 on: July 10, 2015, 05:13:57 AM »
... it looks to me like you forgot the EMOTE bit.

Hooray! I made a change in the emote.cfg file to:

Emote Zap
  Bits EMOTE CCCHANGE LIGHTNINGROD ONE
End

... and it works! Thanks, Arcana. (And, by "works", I mean the animation displays showing my character raising a fist and lightning striking... but, there's no costume change. Of course, I only have one costume for this character.)

Hm... computers are tough to work with. They do exactly what I tell them to do and not always what I want them to do. But, it's fun when I tell them correctly.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:49:03 AM by Todogut »

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #383 on: July 10, 2015, 05:45:06 AM »
Hooray! I made a change in the emote.cfg file to:

... and it works! Thanks, Arcana. (And, by "works", I mean the animation displays showing my character raising a fist and lightning striking... but, there's no costume change.)

Hm... computers are tough to work with. They do exactly what I tell them to do and not always what I want them to do. But, it's fun when I tell them correctly.

You'll have to do the actual costume change with a second instruction, it won't chain with $$ in a macro.   I'm trying to find the others in the files CW mentioned atm, but not a lot of luck so far, which is quite annoying...

Edit: Here are a few more, the basic ones it seems, work.  I'm wondering if some are disabled as they were in purchasable packs...

Code: [Select]
Emote CCNinjajump
  Bits EMOTE CCCHANGE NINJAJUMP
End

Emote CCSmokebomb
  Bits EMOTE CCCHANGE SMOKEBOMB
End

Emote CCVillainlaugh
  Bits EMOTE CCCHANGE VILLAINLAUGH
End

Emote CCCast
  Bits EMOTE CCCHANGE CAST ONE
End

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 07:34:05 AM by FloatingFatMan »

Thezanman

• Underling
« Reply #384 on: July 10, 2015, 06:55:55 AM »
Still stuck on the loading bar.

zyrotoran

• Underling
« Reply #385 on: July 10, 2015, 07:24:11 AM »
Everything is properly loaded, so I thought. I press play and... fatal error box pops up but is empty and am unable to login after entering the correct name and passwords. Any ideas as to what to do?

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #386 on: July 10, 2015, 07:33:29 AM »
Everything is properly loaded, so I thought. I press play and... fatal error box pops up but is empty and am unable to login after entering the correct name and passwords. Any ideas as to what to do?

Define "Properly loaded".

What OS are you using, Windows or OSX?
Where did you install to?

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #387 on: July 10, 2015, 07:58:43 AM »
Have you tried asking for help over in the official Island Rum thread? Manga seems like a pretty helpful guy. Alas, I know nothing of Mac's, so all I can suggest is dual booting to Windows, which you probably don't want to hear. ;)

Funnily enough,  I'm running on a Mac and I have Beta 24 running in Boot Camp. 

I haven't tried Island Rum yet but I'd rather run CoH on my Mac side...just haven't got round to it yet.

Paragon Chat has an armed and fully operational

I thought Codewalker was going to say Death Star...  (The kind of thing you need in NC Soft negotiations.  You know...to help them explore ALL the options...)

Azrael.

bitmonkeyprime

• Underling
« Reply #388 on: July 10, 2015, 03:57:58 PM »
non techie person here needs some help please... how do i get around the"cannot connect to  DBsever " issue when trying to log on ?.. i know some have already posted an answer but , as i said, NOT tech savvy and i need a simple answer. I am running Windows 8  and use Avast as my firewall.. can any one lend me a hand to a solution?
" They say there is no pain greater than that of a broken heart. When I rip out that heart, they seem to change their opinions pretty quickly. "

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #389 on: July 10, 2015, 05:49:42 PM »
non techie person here needs some help please... how do i get around the"cannot connect to  DBsever " issue when trying to log on ?.. i know some have already posted an answer but , as i said, NOT tech savvy and i need a simple answer. I am running Windows 8  and use Avast as my firewall.. can any one lend me a hand to a solution?

When are you getting that error?  Are you past the Paragon Chat login panel and have started the City of Heroes client?  Are you at the point where you are selecting "127.0.0.2" as the server?  Or is this happening somewhere else?  Please try to be as precise as possible in terms of exactly what you were doing and at what point during the process of starting up and using Paragon Chat you were at the time you got the error. 

bitmonkeyprime

• Underling
« Reply #390 on: July 10, 2015, 05:57:39 PM »
I am at the selection screen for the server ( 127.0.0.2 ) .. It would stall out after about a minute  then say ' cannot connect to DBServer'.. i have turned off the firewall to see if that was the issue but the same thing occurs..
" They say there is no pain greater than that of a broken heart. When I rip out that heart, they seem to change their opinions pretty quickly. "

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #391 on: July 10, 2015, 06:16:36 PM »
I am at the selection screen for the server ( 127.0.0.2 ) .. It would stall out after about a minute  then say ' cannot connect to DBServer'.. i have turned off the firewall to see if that was the issue but the same thing occurs..

If you're on Windows, I would suggest trying the localhost option to see if it helps.  Did you use Tequila to download everything?  If so, start Tequila, and select the Options button.  The preferences panel will open.  At the very top of that panel, there is a blank called "Launch Parameters".  Type "-localhost" (don't type the quotes, and there is no spaces in that string).  Then click the OK button at bottom right.  Now try starting Paragon Chat from Tequila by clicking on the "Paragon Chat v0.965" button (the most recent version as of the day I'm typing this) and then clicking on Play.  When the game client starts, the server option will show as "127.0.0.1" instead of "127.0.0.2".  Try this with your firewall on, and with your firewall off.  See if this helps.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #392 on: July 10, 2015, 06:57:53 PM »
I'm fairly sure I posted a text dump of sequencers.bin at some point in the Icon forums to help people find and document emotes. It contains a mapping of MOVs to the state bits that are required to trigger them. I'm pretty busy right now but maybe somebody can dig around for it and link it here?

I believe the forum thread you referenced is this one: Community Project: Emotes. The last post in the thread has a link for wyldhunt's latest version of the speadsheet.

I entered all of the emotes from the spreadsheet into my emote.cfg file and tested them to verify they worked (or at least did not give an error message). That's about 144  emotes added to the default set including some that sort of look like powers effects (such as the costume change emotes). Here's a link to the emote.cfg file on my Google drive in case anyone wants to copy and use it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 11:06:45 PM by Todogut »

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #393 on: July 10, 2015, 07:38:28 PM »
Yep, that's exactly the one I was thinking of. It includes the link for the text dump of sequencers.bin with all of the state bit numbers resolved back to names. Looks like FFM and a few others have already grabbed it from there and are digging though to find more emotes. It's very likely that their results will be included in the default emotes.cfg for future versions. :)

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #394 on: July 10, 2015, 07:41:51 PM »
Yep, that's exactly the one I was thinking of. It includes the link for the text dump of sequencers.bin with all of the state bit numbers resolved back to names. Looks like FFM and a few others have already grabbed it from there and are digging though to find more emotes. It's very likely that their results will be included in the default emotes.cfg for future versions. :)

Wait.. You telling me I didn't have to do it the hard way? :O

GLOBBITS!

bitmonkeyprime

• Underling
« Reply #395 on: July 10, 2015, 08:02:30 PM »
If you're on Windows, I would suggest trying the localhost option to see if it helps.  Did you use Tequila to download everything?  If so, start Tequila, and select the Options button.  The preferences panel will open.  At the very top of that panel, there is a blank called "Launch Parameters".  Type "-localhost" (don't type the quotes, and there is no spaces in that string).  Then click the OK button at bottom right.  Now try starting Paragon Chat from Tequila by clicking on the "Paragon Chat v0.965" button (the most recent version as of the day I'm typing this) and then clicking on Play.  When the game client starts, the server option will show as "127.0.0.1" instead of "127.0.0.2".  Try this with your firewall on, and with your firewall off.  See if this helps.

I've never heard of 'Tequila until i tried to use this client... so are you suggesting that i download 'Tequila' and delete the Titan client launcher i have?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #396 on: July 10, 2015, 08:14:43 PM »
Wait.. You telling me I didn't have to do it the hard way? :O

Rogues do it from behind.

Masochists do it the hard way.

Arcanaville does it the Really Hard Way.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #397 on: July 10, 2015, 08:19:25 PM »

And I did it at work, instead of working. :p

Golden Aurora

• Boss
« Reply #398 on: July 10, 2015, 08:32:20 PM »

At least she writes legible comments and documentation!
I'd rather deal with that than moderately hard with a lack thereof.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #399 on: July 10, 2015, 09:15:32 PM »
I've never heard of 'Tequila until i tried to use this client... so are you suggesting that i download 'Tequila' and delete the Titan client launcher i have?

What Titan client launcher are you referring to?