Author Topic: Paragon Chat FAAAQ  (Read 312457 times)

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
Re: Paragon Chat FAAAQ
« Reply #440 on: July 13, 2015, 06:12:44 PM »
I can just imagine the riot I would start if I showed up and shouted, "WHO WANTS TO BE IN A VIDEO?!"

CHAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGEEEEEEE!!!!! ;)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #441 on: July 13, 2015, 08:05:45 PM »
I can just imagine the riot I would start if I showed up and shouted, "WHO WANTS TO BE IN A VIDEO?!"

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #442 on: July 13, 2015, 08:59:26 PM »

I Love that, Arcana!

So true. ;)

Lyc~

TheFlea

• Minion
  • The Grandfather of Spine/SRs in PvP.
« Reply #443 on: July 13, 2015, 09:16:53 PM »

Flea is too good for your videos. I shall continue my brooding.

At least until Paragon chat eventually allows me to walk.

Then I can once again continue the epic Flea walks around Paragon.

And of course such walks always go to Overtaken. That is the way of life. (As first appeared in the Sabody Park arc folks). The Huge model was good for walking, it really was...

TearsFromtheMoon

• Underling
  • I'm a Hummingbird on the wind...
« Reply #444 on: July 14, 2015, 03:01:35 AM »
What path, exactly, are the .costume files located in.  It should be under the CoH game folder in a subfolder called "costumes".
What is the file type, exactly as Explorer shows it. It should say "COSTUME file", if it doesn't it won't load it

I got my problem sorted out. The file names were not the issue. It was me. *blushes* I thought perhaps the CoH Game files needed to be in their own separate folder from the Paragon Chat stuff, but it was a "Sub Folder" within Paragon Chat so I didn't think it would be an issue. I just moved all the appropriate files to the Paragon Chat folder and ALL FIXED! So no more problems, just silly Fae-wiles. My bad! ...NO ONE ELSE DO WHAT I DID IF YOU WANT PARAGON CHAT TO WORK! FYI. ;)  ;D
"Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #445 on: July 14, 2015, 03:22:21 AM »
I have a very important legacy of not being included in any Samuraiko video (Despite being around while most of them are taking place) to uphold. Let me know the zone, I'll stand just off camera.

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #446 on: July 14, 2015, 04:59:49 AM »

I remember one time on Test, I volunteered for an LGTF just because you joined and I wanted to be in a video.

TheFlea

• Minion
  • The Grandfather of Spine/SRs in PvP.
« Reply #447 on: July 14, 2015, 08:20:21 AM »
I remember one time on Test, I volunteered for an LGTF just because you joined and I wanted to be in a video.

Feelthy Rei.

SkyeSharpe

• Underling
« Reply #448 on: July 14, 2015, 09:16:16 AM »
Hey again, Titan crew. Through some personal experimentation, I was able to more closely define what exactly is going wrong with my Paragon Chat.

I am able to log in to the game, as of right now, but only onto a map with absolutely no one in it. If I should log into a character who is in a map with any players at all in it, the game immediately loses its connection to the mapserver, locks, and crashes. Assuming I log in successfully, I can roam around free, use /mapmove to teleport to populated maps, and act and chat normally.

As before, I've confirmed this occurs with my antivirus on and off, with the paragonchat.exe file and all prerequisite files in low-security folders, whether Paragonchat is run through Tequila or independently, and whether I run it as an administrator or not. -localhost has no effect on these crashes, and I've even tried using /xmpp_disconnect and /xmpp_connect to try and reboot my connection while it's going through its minutes-long hangup sequence - to no avail.

I'm running it on Windows 7, as stated before. I have Paragonchat 0.97e, downloaded it myself to confirm this. Any ideas what might be going wrong, and how I might fix it or at least work around it (aside from the obvious answer of "make sure to log out in empty zones")?

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #449 on: July 14, 2015, 09:51:18 AM »
Hey again, Titan crew. Through some personal experimentation, I was able to more closely define what exactly is going wrong with my Paragon Chat.

I am able to log in to the game, as of right now, but only onto a map with absolutely no one in it. If I should log into a character who is in a map with any players at all in it, the game immediately loses its connection to the mapserver, locks, and crashes. Assuming I log in successfully, I can roam around free, use /mapmove to teleport to populated maps, and act and chat normally.

As before, I've confirmed this occurs with my antivirus on and off, with the paragonchat.exe file and all prerequisite files in low-security folders, whether Paragonchat is run through Tequila or independently, and whether I run it as an administrator or not. -localhost has no effect on these crashes, and I've even tried using /xmpp_disconnect and /xmpp_connect to try and reboot my connection while it's going through its minutes-long hangup sequence - to no avail.

I'm running it on Windows 7, as stated before. I have Paragonchat 0.97e, downloaded it myself to confirm this. Any ideas what might be going wrong, and how I might fix it or at least work around it (aside from the obvious answer of "make sure to log out in empty zones")?

Try making an extremely vanilla character and see if the problem persists.  By vanilla, I mean don't change any body sliders, don't add any weird or unusual costume elements, in fact just make a character with some tights and no accessories and that's it.  If that works without crashes, perhaps there's something you're doing with your characters when you create them that doesn't seem like it should matter, but is causing crashes.  If so, its probably something Codewalker will want to see.

SkyeSharpe

• Underling
« Reply #450 on: July 14, 2015, 10:14:46 AM »
Try making an extremely vanilla character and see if the problem persists.  By vanilla, I mean don't change any body sliders, don't add any weird or unusual costume elements, in fact just make a character with some tights and no accessories and that's it.  If that works without crashes, perhaps there's something you're doing with your characters when you create them that doesn't seem like it should matter, but is causing crashes.  If so, its probably something Codewalker will want to see.

This worked! I'm unsure what costume parts or other such things I'm using that are causing it, but I created a crash-test dummy character who used nothing but the pre-made Bare 1 outfit, and was able to log in and out freely.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #451 on: July 14, 2015, 10:16:27 AM »
This worked! I'm unsure what costume parts or other such things I'm using that are causing it, but I created a crash-test dummy character who used nothing but the pre-made Bare 1 outfit, and was able to log in and out freely.

Post up the .costume file you're using.

Antipode

« Reply #452 on: July 14, 2015, 10:35:10 AM »
This is Skye's costume file.  I'm putting it up here via my account to save time (he already sent me it and I've made no modifications).

I've already tested it on my account and tried my best to replicate the bug in every circumstance, including char-making in AP and logging out practically on top of clustered people in AP.  No success.

http://wikisend.com/download/950786/Gi Casual 2.costume

^The link to the costume file in question.

If CW wants it, I have a copy of his .database ready to be sent sitting pristine in its own little folder, but I await the go-ahead first.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:46:51 AM by Antipode »

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #453 on: July 14, 2015, 10:59:30 AM »
This is Skye's costume file.  I'm putting it up here via my account to save time (he already sent me it and I've made no modifications).

I've already tested it on my account and tried my best to replicate the bug in every circumstance, including char-making in AP and logging out practically on top of clustered people in AP.  No success.

http://wikisend.com/download/950786/Gi Casual 2.costume

Just had a quick look, and this part really doesn't look right to me.

Code: [Select]
HeadScales  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006
BrowScales  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006
CheekScales  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006
ChinScales  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006
CraniumScales  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006
JawScales  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006
NoseScales  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006,  5.364e-006

Exponents? And all the same number?  Something iffy there, methinks.

SkyeSharpe

• Underling
« Reply #454 on: July 14, 2015, 11:04:33 AM »
The costume's face-sliders are all the same. They're unedited from Average 1, which sets them all in the due center.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #455 on: July 14, 2015, 11:43:54 AM »
The costume's face-sliders are all the same. They're unedited from Average 1, which sets them all in the due center.

Did you convert the costume from anywhere? Because afaik, the centre point for the scale values should be 0,0,0, and changes would be shown as positive or negative floating point values... They certainly shouldn't be exponents.

Suggestion. Make a copy the edit the file and change the scales to 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 then reload the costume.

SkyeSharpe

• Underling
« Reply #456 on: July 14, 2015, 12:02:21 PM »
Did you convert the costume from anywhere? Because afaik, the centre point for the scale values should be 0,0,0, and changes would be shown as positive or negative floating point values... They certainly shouldn't be exponents.

Suggestion. Make a copy the edit the file and change the scales to 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 then reload the costume.

Tried this, and nothing changed. Same problem as ever.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #457 on: July 14, 2015, 01:18:18 PM »
Exponents? And all the same number?  Something iffy there, methinks.

That's just floating point jitter. 5.364e-006 is 5.364 * 10^-6 is 0.000005364. It's perfectly normal for floating point numbers to vary by that much, especially since the COH client uses 32-bit single precision.

It's also well under the precision threshold of the face scales, which get rounded to hundredths for storage and transmission.

If CW wants it, I have a copy of his .database ready to be sent sitting pristine in its own little folder, but I await the go-ahead first.

If loading the costume file doesn't reproduce the issue, then yes, please PM me the link to the database so I can take a look.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #458 on: July 14, 2015, 03:16:31 PM »
That's just floating point jitter. 5.364e-006 is 5.364 * 10^-6 is 0.000005364. It's perfectly normal for floating point numbers to vary by that much, especially since the COH client uses 32-bit single precision.

It's also well under the precision threshold of the face scales, which get rounded to hundredths for storage and transmission.

Sure (I know what it equates to as a decimal :P), but I've seen parsers go hinky with exponents before, and none of my costume files have them in them so I figured it was at least worth checking.

Fennec

• Underling
« Reply #459 on: July 15, 2015, 11:28:39 AM »
Tried this, and nothing changed. Same problem as ever.

In the very first section of your costume it reads...
{
   Geometry Tight
   Texture1 Pants
   Texture2 !Hips_Tribal
   DisplayName P1771952837
   RegionName "Lower Body"
   BodySetName PantsTight
   Color1  49,  65,  97
   Color2  127,  0,  0
   Color3  0,  0,  0
   Color4  0,  0,  0
}
On all my female characters the DisplayName reads P1525729866.  Could that be the problem?