Author Topic: I want to cry...  (Read 19170 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Re: I want to cry...
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2015, 10:20:10 PM »
Look, I can explain about the sheep, alright? :P

Don't want to know.

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2015, 09:11:09 AM »
I find it easier not  to think of this as City  the MMO per say  but I prefer to think of it as a NEW  program that is focusing on Role-play and Community there are a lot of mmos out there and the role-play/customizability/Socialization  often takes a back seat cause the  developers are expected to add content, events, and  new powers, and "balance" pvp.

Paragonchat wont have to compete with New mmos because it is something new and  difference  something that is severely lacking in todays "Entertain me, I am Bored"  internet atmosphere. It will be a Place for REAL social connections  not just "hey help me  kill this boss and let me friend you" and a place for Real creativity rather than reading how to do the new dungeon on Google.

There is a reason  that Muds (a text based mmo) are very rare now but Mushes( a mud with no combat), Chatrooms like  IMVU, and Facebook type sites are all the rage right now. even if they do make a full combat city of heroes2 down the line I think Paragon Chat  may revolutionalize the chatroom industry  the  way  WOW revolutionalized MMOs.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2015, 09:38:30 AM »
I think we already know everything we always wanted to know about the sheep and then some.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2015, 09:48:51 AM »
I find it easier not  to think of this as City  the MMO per say

Excellent, because its not and will likely never become.  That will have to wait for something entirely new (or old, as the case may be).

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2015, 03:25:54 PM »
Its a pity you missed those discussions on the forums as shutdown approached.  All you needed to do was enter your base and record a single second of demorecord (/demorecord filename) because at the very beginning of that demorecord the game placed an encoded copy of your base design for the client to use to represent the map the demorecord was recorded on. ...

Reading this thread and this post I was inspired to snoop around my hardrives and see if I could locate the recordings I made of bases the last night. I found them so I am ready to go (as SoonTM as we can do bases in Paragon Chat).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:39:20 PM by MWRuger »
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2015, 03:55:31 PM »
But not as we know it!  ;)
Not as we know it, Captain!
So far so good. Onward and upward!

peachypeach

• Underling
  • da peaches made me do it
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2015, 12:23:53 AM »
Reaper, I saw your bot. Js.
**covers bum and runs**

laufeyjarson

• Boss
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2015, 02:17:01 AM »
I think we already know everything we always wanted to know about the sheep and then some.

See also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD18Y-pIGFQ

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2015, 03:35:41 AM »
Yes, but the sheep can cook better than my last girlfriend.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2015, 03:51:55 AM »
The only way I could think of to thank you is to buy you coffee. Which someone pointed out in Paragon Chat to get a round of beer instead.  Cheers!

Zortel

• Underling
  • Up-n-Away Burger Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2015, 09:07:54 AM »
I tried not to dream that I'd stand in Pocket D again, it would have been too painful. But that's what I've been doing the past two evenings.

Feels good, yo.
Wheel of Alts, turn turn turn, who shall I play? Nobody knows!

Kassandros

• Dead Already and Dead Again
  • Minion
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2015, 03:37:48 AM »
I was in Pocket D dancing with a bunch of other people when the game got shut down. It felt triumphant to return and for a bunch of other people to be there. I don't really know any of you personally - I mostly just played CoV with a friend of mine - but, yeah, it felt pretty special. Thanks so much for the hard work of everyone who made this possible.

And seeing Null the Gull again... almost cried.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2015, 03:54:44 AM »
And seeing Null the Gull ... almost cried.

Yeah, that is one ugly bird.  No, wait you meant, oh well.