Author Topic: Prepare your account for Paragon Chat!  (Read 41122 times)

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
Re: Prepare your account for Paragon Chat!
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 07:16:36 PM »
Sounds like the cookie issue discussed above. Clear out your cookies and try again  :D
That fixed everything!

There were five "cohtitan.com" cookies, and there are now only three. I presume two of them were leftover cookies from past versions, or something like that.

benkenobi

• Underling
  • Nōlī turbāre circulōs meōs!
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 07:18:49 PM »
Successful test against XMPP/pidgin:

I'm in Altas Park.  :o  ;D
# Quantum Mechanics
(rand(0..1)) ? True : False;

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 07:38:35 PM »
Will checking via my phone be sufficient? I don't currently have a computer (it's 1000 miles away being pieced together).

Sure, you can login to the Titan site on a phone to check or modify your account. I updated the site to be "responsive" so the interface may change a bit on a phone to make it easier to work with, but the functionality is the same.

Hope your computer makes it back in time for release. :)

Takinalis

• Boss
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 09:07:29 PM »
I'm in Altas Park.  :o  ;D

Umm... can I ask for details?
Valkyrie Blade - Virtue Server

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 09:11:32 PM »
Yes! Good to go! :D

Lyc~

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 09:31:40 PM »
Login is username and password. Email address and password won't work.

Those of you having problems, please clear your cookies. There are various guides on the internet for how to do this; here's one example: How to delete cookies.

Please post and let me know if the problem persists after clearing cookies. Sorry for the hassle! I honestly don't know why we are plagued by cookie issues.

EDIT: I changed the name of the session cookie. Sometimes that has helped resolve cookie issues in the past, we'll see if it helps this time.

Can't seem to log in on the main site? Have tried removing cookies and logging in again but no luck, using Firefox web browser. Can log in to the forums but not on the main site??

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 09:38:34 PM »
Can't seem to log in on the main site? Have tried removing cookies and logging in again but no luck, using Firefox web browser. Can log in to the forums but not on the main site??

Your Titan account and forum account appear to be out of sync, I'll PM you to try to resolve it.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 09:50:07 PM »
Your Titan account and forum account appear to be out of sync, I'll PM you to try to resolve it.

Thanks, have replied via PM  :)

Takinalis

• Boss
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 10:10:47 PM »
Umm... can I ask for details?

Nevermind... I'm in  8)
Valkyrie Blade - Virtue Server

benkenobi

• Underling
  • Nōlī turbāre circulōs meōs!
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2015, 10:35:28 PM »
Nevermind... I'm in  8)

I had sent you a PM RE: that. ;)
Hopefully you got it.
# Quantum Mechanics
(rand(0..1)) ? True : False;

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2015, 03:26:47 AM »

I am having the same problem. Can't log into the main site, have tried removing cookies, and logging in again, using Firefox web browser. I can log in to the forums, but not the main site.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2015, 03:35:40 AM »
I am having the same problem. Can't log into the main site, have tried removing cookies, and logging in again, using Firefox web browser. I can log in to the forums, but not the main site.

I don't see any issues with your account, but it's possible that your forum account password is out of sync with your Titan account password. Have you tried resetting your password? If you can't remember the email you used, PM me and I'll look it up for you.

BitLoadR

• Lieutenant
  • <F6> <F6> <F6> ...
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2015, 06:45:29 AM »
So... is it safe to connect to the server with Trillian/Pidgin without wrecking everyone else's gameplay?

Where did you get the server details from to be able to connect using Trillian?
playing on Reunion as Star Jewel, Emberflair, Lumitia, Novaspark, Dawnshade, Mystfure, Ion Blaze, Heatstrike, more...

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2015, 07:47:13 AM »
Where did you get the server details from to be able to connect using Trillian?

In my test, I was on Trillian and was invited to a group chat.  All I needed to do was accept, and poof it looked from my end just like a group chat.  From their end I was a mysterious voice coming from thin air cue spooky sounds.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

BitLoadR

• Lieutenant
  • <F6> <F6> <F6> ...
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2015, 08:37:45 AM »
In my test, I was on Trillian and was invited to a group chat.  All I needed to do was accept, and poof it looked from my end just like a group chat.  From their end I was a mysterious voice coming from thin air cue spooky sounds.

Haha, okay, now I know.
playing on Reunion as Star Jewel, Emberflair, Lumitia, Novaspark, Dawnshade, Mystfure, Ion Blaze, Heatstrike, more...

Nightsjester

• Minion
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2015, 04:48:08 PM »
Nevermind... I'm in  8)
< n <... Dangit I want the deets too.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2015, 05:06:15 PM »
Account shows as ready to go with Paragon Chat, woot!

I went ahead and linked up Paragon Wiki and Ouroboros while I was in there too, didn't realize I'd never done that.

Scendera

• Boss
  • Faith Manages.
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2015, 05:56:56 PM »
Is it possible to change global for PC and leave old username for forums? I'm stuck on a useless mobile after moving and it just endlessly reverts the global back to match my username when I hit save.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2015, 06:12:29 PM »
Is it possible to change global for PC and leave old username for forums? I'm stuck on a useless mobile after moving and it just endlessly reverts the global back to match my username when I hit save.

Not sure if it's what you're referencing, but the "Global Handle" field on the account management page is used by CIT and maybe Faces for display purposes and is unrelated to Paragon Chat. It's a "legacy" field from when the game was live; it's probably not as useful at this point. (I should probably add a note to the form about it.)

The username for your Titan account has to be consistent across all of our projects; so it's not possible to have one username for Paragon Chat and another for the forums.

If you can't get your phone to cooperate, you can send me a PM or email (sekoia@cohtitan.com) and let me know what you want changed and I can change it for you.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2015, 07:32:54 PM »
I consistently use the same user ID everywhere, except on Titan Forums for some reason. So I used this opportunity to change it to what I was in Game.

So long TheDevilYouKnow and Welcome to boring MWRuger!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!