Author Topic: Prepare your account for Paragon Chat!  (Read 41127 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Prepare your account for Paragon Chat!
« on: June 28, 2015, 04:52:12 AM »
With Paragon Chat launching soon (lowercase 's' now!), what can you do to make sure your Titan account is ready to go?

Our resident server guru Sekoia has posted about a new feature that allows you to check and see if your account is linked up with the Paragon Chat XMPP service. It also allows you to change your username if you need to or want to.

Click here to see the announcement.

Keep in mind that your username on the Paragon Chat XMPP service also doubles as your @global, so make sure it's something that you want to use!

The account management is located on the main Titan homepage: http://www.cohtitan.com

Aoide

• Minion
Re: Prepare your account for Paragon Chat!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 05:00:09 AM »
Thank you Codewalker and Sekoia! 

Seriously, I've wanted to change my name on here for years.  The fact that the name I had on here had no connection to any of my CoH stuff always felt a bit off to me.

Now for the fun of Paragon Chat!

Nightsjester

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 05:12:52 AM »
:D Fixed the capitalization on my name Woop woop

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 05:21:48 AM »
Something is a little goofy about my account.  It wouldn't log in with Chrome, so I did the password reset.  The reset password didn't work either.  Then I tried Firefox, and it apparently had the password autosaved and logged in right away.  But that should have failed I would think, since I had a reset password.  I reset the password manually in Firefox, then went back to Chrome, and Chrome still doesn't log me in (it just keeps taking me to that stand alone login page).  I'll need to take a look at it more closely when I have some time, maybe busted cookie or something, but that sequence of events is still weird either way.

Firefox, at least, says I'm linked to chat, so there's that.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 05:28:49 AM »
We have long-standing issues with cookies and I honestly have never been able to figure out why. I even completely changed how we handle them and it still hasn't fixed them. Usually clearing cache and cookies will fix it. You could try Incognito mode to verify first, as that ignores your cookies.

It's expected that your original password continues working after issuing the reset, unless you change it after logging in with the reset password. The reset email says this: "If you did not request a reset password, then please disregard this email. Your existing password will continue to work and this temporary password will expire in 24 hours." This is to prevent people from griefing you by resetting your password.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 05:43:36 AM »
So... is it safe to connect to the server with Trillian/Pidgin without wrecking everyone else's gameplay?
Spess

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 05:48:35 AM »
Speaking of cookies, you get one. I was chatting with Sekoia earlier and we were wondering how long it would be before somebody noticed they could do that. :D

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 05:58:27 AM »
So... is it safe to connect to the server with Trillian/Pidgin without wrecking everyone else's gameplay?
good question, long time trillian pro user here
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 06:02:28 AM »
It is safe to connect to it. We may take the server up and down at arbitrary times until the release, and there may not be anybody online to chat with, but if you want to set it up in your client go ahead.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 07:27:27 AM »
Something is a little goofy about my account.  It wouldn't log in with Chrome, so I did the password reset.  The reset password didn't work either.  Then I tried Firefox, and it apparently had the password autosaved and logged in right away.  But that should have failed I would think, since I had a reset password.  I reset the password manually in Firefox, then went back to Chrome, and Chrome still doesn't log me in (it just keeps taking me to that stand alone login page).  I'll need to take a look at it more closely when I have some time, maybe busted cookie or something, but that sequence of events is still weird either way.

Firefox, at least, says I'm linked to chat, so there's that.

I had the same problem with Chrome. I'm logged in fine here but when i went to the main site I couldn't log in even though I knew my password. Two temp passwords didn't work either, i just keep getting the login screen. I tried in explorer (making it the landmark second time i've used it, the first being to dl chrome) and I got invalid password with the temp one but was able to get in with the original one. In any event it says I'm ready for chat so hopefully there will be no lingering issues.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 08:48:46 AM »

That was what I tested.  It worked.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 03:41:51 PM »
The account management is located on the main Titan homepage: http://www.cohtitan.com
I go to this main page, enter my username and password, and it doesn't log in, it just brings me to a separate page with just a big username and password field. That one doesn't work either trying to enter my creds here just refreshes the page), so I click on "Forgot Password" and it sends me a new password in my email. Then, I enter my username, and copy/paste the one-time only password in and that fails. So, I wonder if I need to enter my email instead of my username, and then that doesn't work either. Then I suspect maybe it needs my email instead of my username, but no, that doesn't work either. This seems like it should be simple, but I'm not getting it to work. I can still log into the forums here, but not anything else. What am I missing?

Takinalis

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 04:58:15 PM »
Sounds like the cookie issue discussed above. Clear out your cookies and try again  :D
Valkyrie Blade - Virtue Server

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 06:07:28 PM »
Login is username and password. Email address and password won't work.

Those of you having problems, please clear your cookies. There are various guides on the internet for how to do this; here's one example: How to delete cookies.

Please post and let me know if the problem persists after clearing cookies. Sorry for the hassle! I honestly don't know why we are plagued by cookie issues.

EDIT: I changed the name of the session cookie. Sometimes that has helped resolve cookie issues in the past, we'll see if it helps this time.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:14:22 PM by Sekoia »

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2015, 07:09:18 PM »
Login is username and password. Email address and password won't work.

Those of you having problems, please clear your cookies. There are various guides on the internet for how to do this; here's one example: How to delete cookies.

Please post and let me know if the problem persists after clearing cookies. Sorry for the hassle! I honestly don't know why we are plagued by cookie issues.

EDIT: I changed the name of the session cookie. Sometimes that has helped resolve cookie issues in the past, we'll see if it helps this time.

Deleted cookies, problem seemed to go away.  I had *.cohtitan.com cookies and www.cohtitan.com cookies, but only the www.cohtitan.com cookie came back (titan3952).  Maybe older cookies were part of the problem, not sure.

BraveStar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 07:18:04 PM »
Thank you, Sekoia.

Not only did your change allow me to log in to the main site using Chrome, it also allowed me to link my account to Paragon Wiki, which I was not able to do even after successfully logging in to the main site using Firefox.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 07:32:12 PM »
Thank you, Sekoia.

Not only did your change allow me to log in to the main site using Chrome, it also allowed me to link my account to Paragon Wiki, which I was not able to do even after successfully logging in to the main site using Firefox.
Hmm, maybe my timing was just especially good since i just went and confirmed it was set up without any problems about an hour ago, as well as making sure all the other sites were linked to my Titan account (two were not), using Chrome. Thanks Sekoia for fixing it before i got to it.  ;D
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 09:38:39 PM »
Yeah whatever you did fixed it for chrome without having to clear cookies, thanks!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2015, 03:35:00 AM »
Should we start posting to the FB CoH groups the link to this forum thread?

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 03:33:37 PM »
Will checking via my phone be sufficient? I don't currently have a computer (it's 1000 miles away being pieced together).