Author Topic: Toggle boggle  (Read 1128 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Toggle boggle
« on: July 02, 2015, 01:26:27 PM »
Soooo I started leveling an Automaton and then after playing him some and discussing here, I went for a Power Armor FF build.

It took some time getting used to toggles and making some new keybinds and whatnot but that sweet dps seemed worth it. Finally, I get a nice build together that's mowing things down nicely and packed with defense and I hit the Training room for some easy fights (unfortunately that is about all the Training Room has to offer..) and that's when I got Toggle Boggle..

The keybinds got me over some things but when it came down to it slow reaction time killed it for me for PA and I can't see myself ever making a PA toon.

What do I mean? Well, the access to all my other powers deactivating when I have toggles on and not re-activating for ~ 2 seconds after the toggles turn off thing is what I mean. For example, one of the reasons Active Defenses are good is because they are Instant. If I'm popping an AD it means in < 2 seconds I'm probably going to faceplant if I don't. I like to use Active Offenses too. Try juggling your Active Offenses and on-next-hits with PA toggles.. You can do it but it's so clumsy and awkward and slow that you won't want to.

Bottom line is, if I have toggles on (which is often in PA..) and have to wait 2 seconds to use every non toggle power I have it's just not worth it.

I look at PA a little like (*checks Sig, rubs eyes* - edit:) Heavy Titan Weapons (? I'm sleepy..) from CoH. They were really slow and really powerful. Awesome for a newb finally getting good with melee toons because I didn't have to react fast, I could line up what I had to do next while I was waiting for my slow, room clearing, attacks to go off and if I was too slow, hey, that's HW, not my fault. Maybe PA is someone's HW...

If you're not having to tank with an Offense Passive or are in any other situation where reaction time doesn't have to be fastest, like in a good team, then PA is great because it has a lot of nice tools for picking bad guys off spectacularly.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:36:24 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>