Author Topic: How To Get Into Paragon Chat  (Read 11280 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
How To Get Into Paragon Chat
« on: July 03, 2015, 09:29:04 AM »
You will not need a fresh and separate copy of Icon.

You will not even need a fresh and separate copy of Tequila

Leo has had to delay the rollout of Paragon Chat, so it is not going in today.  In order to get it, you will need to keep cold-booting Tequila from your desktop icon (small i) so that you get the updated version which will have Paragon Chat in it.  When you do that, you will see a Tequila login screen that will look something like this

To get to Paragon Chat, you select Paragon Chat.  This will pop up the smaller window that will ask for the Titan User Name and Password.  Note that this is XMPP protocol, so if you have spaces in your name you will have to use _ instead.  For instance, I would enter Victoria_Victrix.

Once you have done that, you select "Enter City of Heroes" which will take you to the Titan Chat Server.

[[EDIT: Emphasized that it's not available today, dag nabbit. ~Agge]]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:41:33 AM by Aggelakis »
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Re: How To Get Into Paragon Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 09:47:23 AM »
"Cold-booting" - read as "stop, and restart Tequila."  Tequila will only check for updates when it first starts up.  If you just leave it running, its not going to magically detect that Paragon Chat is available for download when it is released.  Periodically you'll have to check, or alternatively if you hear its live, stop Tequila if it is running and restart it up again at that time.