Author Topic: Re: How To Get Into Paragon Chat  (Read 18260 times)

Nightsjester

• Minion
Re: How To Get Into Paragon Chat
« on: July 03, 2015, 02:32:02 PM »
Still only giving me the option for icon after about 15 restarts, is there something else that needs to be changed?

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
Re: Re: How To Get Into Paragon Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 02:52:14 PM »
Still only giving me the option for icon after about 15 restarts, is there something else that needs to be changed?
I think it's meant that once Paragon Chat is released, then you will re-start Tequila to see/get it. But since it's not released yet, you can't get it unless you're one of the testers. Someone correct me if needed?

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 02:54:52 PM »
As VV said, it's probably not going to be today.  :'(

Looking at the picture posted my first thought was: "Wait... we all get to sign in as Leandro?"

Nightsjester

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 04:40:36 PM »
I think it's meant that once Paragon Chat is released, then you will re-start Tequila to see/get it. But since it's not released yet, you can't get it unless you're one of the testers. Someone correct me if needed?
Oh.... Im not very smart I think I misread the post.

cohRock

• Lieutenant
    • Rich's Tepid Home Page
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 05:32:23 PM »
Hopefully a dumb question.  Are Tequila and Island Rum smart enough to only download the files you don't already have yet?  I'd hate to download 4 Gbytes of stuff when I only need the new 120 Mbytes (or whatever).
-- Rich

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 05:48:10 PM »
Hopefully a dumb question.  Are Tequila and Island Rum smart enough to only download the files you don't already have yet?  I'd hate to download 4 Gbytes of stuff when I only need the new 120 Mbytes (or whatever).

They will only download missing or changed files.

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 04:19:11 AM »
will i be able to have several costumes for one account?

Photon Cannon

• Underling
  • The Novablade
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 04:22:07 AM »
will i be able to have several costumes for one account?

I think it's 20 costume slots per character.
(Supergroup) Zephinerahk: (( Pie is not an element.
(Supergroup) Engel auf Holle: ((YES IT IS))

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 07:32:15 AM »
I think it's 20 costume slots per character.

It's 10.

Photon Cannon

• Underling
  • The Novablade
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 07:33:35 AM »
It's 10.

Right right, someone pointed that out to me. Thanks. I'm gonna go sit in the corner for my stupidity now.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 07:39:15 AM »
Rollout date officially announced by Codewalker as 7/7
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Photon Cannon

• Underling
  • The Novablade
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 07:40:43 AM »

The excitement is real.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 07:43:25 AM »

Ah, but -when- on 7/7? Coz not all of us are half a day behind GMT, y'know?! :p

I really really really hope it's early enough that us EU folks get an evening in-game...

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 07:56:46 AM »
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11024.0.html

:(

That makes be sad... I won't be able to get in-game until the evening of 8/7... :(

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »
That makes be sad... I won't be able to get in-game until the evening of 8/7... :(

I was going to make a joke about you being offline for a month, but then half the forum readers would assume I was another stupid American, and then I would have to explain my familiarity with time formats, and then it wouldn't be funny anymore.  So I'm going to skip straight to asking who's Be.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 09:36:53 AM »
I was going to make a joke about you being offline for a month, but then half the forum readers would assume I was another stupid American, and then I would have to explain my familiarity with time formats, and then it wouldn't be funny anymore.  So I'm going to skip straight to asking who's Be.

<.<

>.>

I hab a subber cold!

Auroxis

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 10:37:09 AM »

Right on time for my birthday, best present ever :)

microc

• Boss
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 01:58:08 PM »
would be funny if it was 7/11

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 05:29:40 PM »
It's 10.

10 in game costume slots. Infinite costumes saved to your hard drive... well, maybe not quite infinite, but close enough.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 03:25:35 AM »
10 in game costume slots. Infinite costumes saved to your hard drive... well, maybe not quite infinite, but close enough.
Subject to the limits of storage capacity and costume file naming restrictions. Besides, once the number of saved costumes is over four digits i would expect diminishing returns due to increasing redundancy and the sheer quantity to sort through when selecting a costume.  ;)
So far so good. Onward and upward!

gammagirl

• Minion
  • Gamma Gamma Hey!
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 04:37:10 AM »
I have yet to get Icon to work on my computer, I get the loading banner and it just sits there.  I've checked my firewall to make sure it's not being blocked and my virus software.  So far nobody has any suggestions for me.  Am I going to have a problem with Paragon Chat too?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 08:09:00 AM »
I have yet to get Icon to work on my computer, I get the loading banner and it just sits there.  I've checked my firewall to make sure it's not being blocked and my virus software.  So far nobody has any suggestions for me.  Am I going to have a problem with Paragon Chat too?

In general, getting stuck in a download is because some malware is interfering with your internet connection in order to inject ads into things, or because some antivirus is interfering with your internet connection in a misguided attempt to scan EVERYTHING you download to make itself seem useful. I'd start by pausing your antivirus/anti malware, and if that doesn't help, check your Windows proxy settings to make sure nothing is hijacking them.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 09:01:50 AM »

As this looks like your first post, I'm not sure who you've been asking for suggestions from so I have no reference for your original problem.  However, if you are running Windows, you might try running Icon once as administrator.  Meaning, don't log into your computer as administrator, right click on Icon and say "Run as Administrator."  Sometimes, that seems to unstuck it.  Not entirely sure why.

If Icon works, and it launches City of Heroes, and you get to the loading screen but then nothing happens and that doesn't work, the next thing I would try is to see if City of Heroes itself actually runs at all.  Try running a demorecord with the game client to see if it runs all by itself without Icon.  If it doesn't, the client itself might be damaged and might need to be repaired.  You could download Tequila and use that to get a fresh I24 client and Icon to see if that helps.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 02:02:25 PM »
i've been getting occasional weird glitches here when quoting posts where the quote closing tag goes missing and font size more or less randomly gets set to zero for part of the post. It's like something randomly replaces quote tags with font size tags when i click post.

Going to try one more time...
As this looks like your first post, I'm not sure who you've been asking for suggestions from so I have no reference for your original problem.  However, if you are running Windows, you might try running Icon once as administrator.  Meaning, don't log into your computer as administrator, right click on Icon and say "Run as Administrator."  Sometimes, that seems to unstuck it.  Not entirely sure why.If Icon works, and it launches City of Heroes, and you get to the loading screen but then nothing happens and that doesn't work, the next thing I would try is to see if City of Heroes itself actually runs at all.  Try running a demorecord with the game client to see if it runs all by itself without Icon.  If it doesn't, the client itself might be damaged and might need to be repaired.  You could download Tequila and use that to get a fresh I24 client and Icon to see if that helps.

Just to make it absolutely clear, Icon and Paragon Chat are not standalone applications and require the the City of Heroes client to be installed in order to work. Since this is your first post here i have no idea who you've been asking for suggestions, but the forums here are the place to contact the people who created the software and those who have the most experience working with it.

Further edit: Interesting. The '['/size']' tag appeared again despite not being visible in any of the quoted posts and set all of the remaining text size to zero. Editing the post and deleting it after setting all the tiny text to 10 point corrected the issue, but i still have no idea why it happens at apparently random times.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 02:23:48 PM by Nyx Nought Nothing »
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Trick

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 01:27:11 PM »
Sorry for the hijack, but can someone direct me to where to start with all of this, regarding Paragon Chat?

I played City for its entire run, but was never a big participant here, I mostly lived on the CoH forums. I'm very interested in what's going on here, but don't know where to begin.

I've got Icon, but I'm seeing terms like Tequila and Island Rum being bandied about. I'm assuming those are programs I need to install, but I'm not seeing any details on what they are here in the forums.

Thanks so much!

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 01:59:14 PM »
Sorry for the hijack, but can someone direct me to where to start with all of this, regarding Paragon Chat?

I played City for its entire run, but was never a big participant here, I mostly lived on the CoH forums. I'm very interested in what's going on here, but don't know where to begin.

I've got Icon, but I'm seeing terms like Tequila and Island Rum being bandied about. I'm assuming those are programs I need to install, but I'm not seeing any details on what they are here in the forums.

Thanks so much!

Tequilla is the i24/Icon/Paragon Chat installer for Windows. Island Rum is the same for Mac. Both can be found in the Icon subforum on here.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 09:02:41 PM »
http://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/20150708010000am/w5310a/1/Paragon_Chat_Release

Now that's useful! Thanks so much. I'll probably have to log in tomorrow but that's fine by me.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 09:03:31 PM »
This is awesome i love this!

Shecky919

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 11:19:45 PM »
I'm not getting the Paragon Chat option yet either. Any ideas why?

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2015, 11:21:37 PM »
paragon chat isnt open yet. the devs are still setting up and testing.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2015, 11:27:48 PM »
Wait is it up now some people on facebook are in for some reason but I keep re-validating and not getting anything at all.  I'm getting deeply frustrated angry and jealous right now is there something wrong?  I re-validated dozens of times right now.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2015, 11:33:46 PM »
its up and many of us are in :D we can see each other and chat and emote and even enter some buildings! It really feels like we're close to being able to play again ^_^

in game footage is live streaming! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl-brZ5roao
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:46:47 AM by Kyriani »

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2015, 11:41:51 PM »
its up and many of us are in :D we can see each other and chat and emote and even enter some buildings! It really feels like we're close to being able to play again ^_^

in game footage is live streaming! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vth1gAySbmU

Then why the world is it not working for me?  No one has answered that question oh my #$$%^%$^ god!
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Gun-Nut

• Underling
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2015, 11:45:05 PM »
Then why the world is it not working for me?  No one has answered that question oh my #$$%^%$^ god!

I'm not seeing it either but its not meant to be live for another hour as is.
aka DarkSynopsis

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 11:45:13 PM »

Dunno... I had to try several times before I got in.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2015, 11:47:48 PM »
If it's supposed to just be in testing right now still then why is it that NONE testers are getting in!?

Edit:  Ok, I'm watchin the livesteam now, and I have the countdown-timer up.  I now worry though that it won't work for me when it officially starts.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:09:58 AM by LaughingAlex »

Killawatt

• Underling
    • Ray Morand (pseudonym)
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2015, 09:18:01 PM »
Cannot get unload or get on. I found my COH copy on DVD was back when I had different computer but I moved it to program folder. Ran the NCSoft launcher. It worked. Tried to run Beta Chat. Cannot get it to unload. Keep getting errors. Says start from a folder with a complete copy of COH but it doesn't give me the option to save it to the that folder....I tried mirror sites for the folks with a COH copy but website down or cannot figure out what I needed to download because of all the other click-able spam on the site.

Any ideas? Checking on FB too...

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2015, 09:27:47 PM »
Cannot get unload or get on. I found my COH copy on DVD was back when I had different computer but I moved it to program folder. Ran the NCSoft launcher. It worked. Tried to run Beta Chat. Cannot get it to unload. Keep getting errors. Says start from a folder with a complete copy of COH but it doesn't give me the option to save it to the that folder....I tried mirror sites for the folks with a COH copy but website down or cannot figure out what I needed to download because of all the other click-able spam on the site.

Any ideas? Checking on FB too...

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,10977.msg186547.html#msg186547

Follow those instructions.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2015, 07:00:45 AM »
I got in on launch day, not now I can no longer add my info into the XMPP...this is what I get every time now...anyone have a solution?

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2015, 07:33:44 AM »
Not able to check this morning as at work, but was able to access PC last night, maybe there is maintenance happening?

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2015, 07:55:00 AM »
I got in on launch day, not now I can no longer add my info into the XMPP...this is what I get every time now...anyone have a solution?

Check to make sure you don't have a copy of Paragon Chat running in the background somewhere.  When you log out of the City of Heroes game client, that does not automatically close Paragon Chat itself.  If PC ends up minimized or hiding somewhere and you try to start it again, you will get a Failed to Initialize database error and the client will red-line and fail to run.

Also, see my two guides to Paragon Chat linked in my sig: the Quick Start for absolute beginners, and the Common Questions and Problems one for people having difficulties.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2015, 11:01:52 AM »
Leo gave me the answer!!!! And now it works perfectly!

"Okay. Hold down the Windows key and hit R to open the Run dialog, then paste into it: %APPDATA%\Paragon Chat and hit Enter. It will open a folder with two folders inside, "Config", and "Database". Delete the "Database" folder, then try to launch Paragon Chat again."

It seems the Database I had was corrupt....when I followed Leo's instructions, it downloaded a new and fresh one. I really hope this can help someone else.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2015, 05:52:08 PM »
Leo gave me the answer!!!! And now it works perfectly!

"Okay. Hold down the Windows key and hit R to open the Run dialog, then paste into it: %APPDATA%\Paragon Chat and hit Enter. It will open a folder with two folders inside, "Config", and "Database". Delete the "Database" folder, then try to launch Paragon Chat again."

It seems the Database I had was corrupt....when I followed Leo's instructions, it downloaded a new and fresh one. I really hope this can help someone else.

Going to steal this and add it as another option to solving this problem in my Common Problems and Questions guide, which I will again mention while whistling aimlessly is linked in my sig and references this issue.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 09:54:38 PM »
Thank you, Arcana! That is a great idea and hopefully will provide the same results as I had.