Author Topic: Re: How To Get Into Paragon Chat  (Read 18404 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: Re: How To Get Into Paragon Chat
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2015, 07:00:45 AM »
I got in on launch day, not now I can no longer add my info into the XMPP...this is what I get every time now...anyone have a solution?

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
Re: How To Get Into Paragon Chat
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2015, 07:33:44 AM »
Not able to check this morning as at work, but was able to access PC last night, maybe there is maintenance happening?

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2015, 07:55:00 AM »
I got in on launch day, not now I can no longer add my info into the XMPP...this is what I get every time now...anyone have a solution?

Check to make sure you don't have a copy of Paragon Chat running in the background somewhere.  When you log out of the City of Heroes game client, that does not automatically close Paragon Chat itself.  If PC ends up minimized or hiding somewhere and you try to start it again, you will get a Failed to Initialize database error and the client will red-line and fail to run.

Also, see my two guides to Paragon Chat linked in my sig: the Quick Start for absolute beginners, and the Common Questions and Problems one for people having difficulties.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2015, 11:01:52 AM »
Leo gave me the answer!!!! And now it works perfectly!

"Okay. Hold down the Windows key and hit R to open the Run dialog, then paste into it: %APPDATA%\Paragon Chat and hit Enter. It will open a folder with two folders inside, "Config", and "Database". Delete the "Database" folder, then try to launch Paragon Chat again."

It seems the Database I had was corrupt....when I followed Leo's instructions, it downloaded a new and fresh one. I really hope this can help someone else.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2015, 05:52:08 PM »
Leo gave me the answer!!!! And now it works perfectly!

"Okay. Hold down the Windows key and hit R to open the Run dialog, then paste into it: %APPDATA%\Paragon Chat and hit Enter. It will open a folder with two folders inside, "Config", and "Database". Delete the "Database" folder, then try to launch Paragon Chat again."

It seems the Database I had was corrupt....when I followed Leo's instructions, it downloaded a new and fresh one. I really hope this can help someone else.

Going to steal this and add it as another option to solving this problem in my Common Problems and Questions guide, which I will again mention while whistling aimlessly is linked in my sig and references this issue.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 09:54:38 PM »
Thank you, Arcana! That is a great idea and hopefully will provide the same results as I had.