Author Topic: Reorganization!  (Read 14359 times)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Re: Reorganization!
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 05:56:41 AM »
Good job editing your post so that you "seem" more reasonable. Although it's not really very reasonable still. "Ashamed"? What the ever-lovin' fudgemonster? You really do need to back off.

Sekoia already unhid them in the Graveyard. Calm your tits.

I had not seen your post when I went back to edit it.  I commonly hit post and then immediately hit edit.  Writing isn't a strong suit.  It takes me some time, more so since the stroke, to express myself properly in text.

And why be hostile toward me?  I have no power here, you have it all.  Have we clashed in the past?  I certainly don't hold a grudge against you and I hope you realize that my comments were directed at the decision and not you personally.

Thank you for doing this so quickly.  I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:08:49 AM by FatherXmas »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 07:22:09 AM »
You, meaning those involved in running these sites, decided to hide some unpleasant history of these forums.
Not "unpleasant history" so much as "content we determined to be clutter at this point in time".
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 04:40:29 PM »
And why be hostile toward me?

You introduced the hostility to this thread. Instead of pointing out the valid concerns you had in a calm and reasonable way, you lashed out in anger.

We're volunteers. We like helping people. But if you abuse that by lashing out at us, you don't get to then turn around and question why we're hostile. Maybe we should be perfect and respond to everything in a calm and reasonable way, but sometimes we're human and unreasonable attitudes tick us off.

You, meaning those involved in running these sites, decided to hide some unpleasant history of these forums.

Where did you get the idea we were trying to hide "unpleasant history"? As Eabrace notes, the idea was to reduce clutter -- not hide skeletons.

And please don't fire back until I'm finished with my post.  I've lost too many posts so I tend to post something short and then go back and edit on serious topics.

If you post it, it's fair game for someone to reply to. It's your responsibility to make sure your posts represent you well, not someone else's.

If you're worried about losing content, use Google Docs. It autosaves on every keystroke. Then copy-and-paste your post back when you're done.

Thank you for doing this so quickly.  I appreciate it.

You're welcome.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 09:05:48 PM »
I didn't think my original post was hostile or hysterical, I was simply voicing my feeling about what I saw as a lost of our history in trying to save the game.  First Massively which gave us the most extensive coverage was now gone and then I notice the loss here so yes I became upset.  What I did not expect was a RTFP as the official response to my concerns (I know it didn't say that but that was how I read it), I did not see yours Sekoia at the time and if I did I probably wouldn't have responded at all as yours was the kind of calm response I expected.

But I didn't and was upset by Aggelakis's original reply so I fired back both barrels.  But once I read what I wrote I decided my response was overly hostile, which is out of character for me, so I went back and edited it.  I did NOT see Aggelakis's response to that original post in 36pt red type at that time.  The edit was not an attempt to make Aggelakis look like a bad guy but to take my reply down several notches.  I simply don't expect a response within a minute of me hitting post on these forums, ever.  The threads I had been involved in recently normally aren't near real-time conversations.

And then things escalated.  Honestly I still hadn't seen your post after Aggelakis's until I started to read this post.  So instead of seeing this as a way to clean up an infrequently used board I started to rationalize more nefarious reasons and voiced those theories, which oddly was the opposite to what I did on that board back then as I tried to defuse wild theories and preached calm response.

Again, I'm sorry for my actions and truly appreciate the addition of the graveyard.  I hope we can put this and my shameful behavior behind us.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 09:17:46 PM »
Plain text is notoriously bad for conveying tone. I'm glad things were able to de-escalate. :)

And thank you for sharing the concern so we could address it.