Author Topic: Any guesses to the number of users that will try logging in the first day?  (Read 6972 times)

themamboman

• Lieutenant
Hey Titan-guys, can you provide some stats for day 1 sometime later that week?  I think it would be cool to see how many attempted to use chat the first time?    How many can we squeeze into Atlas Park?

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
Im sure quite a few will try to squeeze in  a lot of openings are like that. Though i would bet  this will go smoother than most there are some serious talent at COHTitan.  Also its not like this is WOW or Some widly advertized game  release. but I do agree it will be fun to see stats.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
I expect that it might be OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!111!11!!!!

ricodah

• Boss
Each Atlas Park can hold 75 people?  I guess 751 CoH superfans.  I'll be the poor schmuck alone in AP11. 

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
I believe that the Titan Chat Server is restricted to a lot fewer than 9,000.  I would be surprised if it can hold 1000.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
*looks at thousands of people waiting with torches* "We are gonna need a bigger server.."

I am sure it will be fine I do not think this is COHTitans first Rodeo, They are expecting extra people the first day its been mentioned. thats why they are going to shut off name changes in the first week. Plus half the fun of new releases is watching the chaos.

Wows last big release had them barely functioning for 2-3 weeks. I really doubt we are going to have numbers like that. of course if we did it could be something titan can show to NCSoft in thier negotiations in order to point out the demand/profit potential.

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
I don't know the 'regular' numbers, but they'll probably be high tomorrow (I know I've told the group I'm still with about this- but they don't seem as excited as I am once I told them the limitations, and not all of them even have the same computer anymore...) Who will stick around in PC will probably depend on those of us excited about it, and the reasons we give... that's why I've been more vocal recently hearing this.

I don't know anything about programming really. I wish I had the time (I've shamelessly ripped off other brilliant people's popmenus and such to wander around Icon though) but I hope I can find some kind of niche to help make any return to our City a great experience in the time I can contribute to it. :)

Everyone that's stayed here (even in the more bitter moments) has kept me lurking... picking at scabs... and hoping. This is something tangible. Something GOOD... I've been more cynical about other odds... and even this one is a bit of a surprise to me what our community can pull together... but that there are folks that are willing to keep plugging away at it... GOOD ON 'EM. KEEP DOING IT.

Hopefully, I'll be able to congratulate you tomorrow in-game (whatever that may mean... that we can share the City together... one and all... over multiple instances... Maybe we'll make another AP33 in our own little corner- or even more!)!

I won't guess, because it's just nice to know that talented folks are making this day happen in any capacity.

Lyc~

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012

... A minute.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
You know If you are right our universe will be destroyed.
and then replaced with a sillier one.

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
You know If you are right our universe will be destroyed.
and then replaced with a sillier one.

City of Zeroes?

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
Rather a lot  ;)

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
I believe that the Titan Chat Server is restricted to a lot fewer than 9,000.  I would be surprised if it can hold 1000.

If it can only hold 500, over the course of a 24 hours I could see 9000 people making there way on, provided people don't stay logged in all night.

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
provided people don't stay logged in all night.

Now THAT I can see happening as people will be hesitant to leave once they get there...I mean...what if it is just a dream and all these people aren't really here?  ;D
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

BraveStar

• Lieutenant
Thou shalt count to three thousand, no more, no less. Three thousand shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three thousand. Four thousand shalt thou not count, neither count thou two thousand, excepting that thou then proceed to three thousand.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
Rather a lot  ;)

I'm going with this estimate. It seems reasonable.  ;D
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Shadowe

• Boss
  • Just don't tell Manticore...
Well, it's happening in the middle of the night for me, so no chance at launch, and then when I would otherwise get online, it's Wednesday evening, which means that Dr Richard Huntington III will be having his weekly board meeting at Huntington Manor, while the board of directors of Huntington Technologies do their best to put a dent in his Scotch supply.

Or it might be that on Wednesday evening (UK time) I will be tabletop RPing.

It's a shame, really, because there's a wedding to plan IC... Damn, it's been a long engagement (it was due to happen in early 2013).
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
When I was on at 10-11 pm CDT (that's GMT-6) Codewalker said that there were 173 users logged in.

right now Atlas Park and Pocket D are both populated with about a dozen people each.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor