Author Topic: [Paragon Chat] Roleplaying!  (Read 27430 times)

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
[Paragon Chat] Roleplaying!
« on: July 08, 2015, 02:10:07 AM »
Just gonna make a quick topic. Who would be interested in roleplaying within the wonderous Paragon Chat?

Obviously all in the open until they can get private instances working (I think that's one of the down the line things? IDK)

Antipode

Re: [Paragon Chat] Roleplaying!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 09:21:19 AM »
[Message removed by user]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:24:23 AM by Antipode »

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:11:21 PM »
so far VirtueRP is the only rp channal
The  is also VirtueServer its active but its not rp related.
virtueunited and Virtue only have 1-2 people in them.

There should be a way (if there isnt) for owners of a channal to delete thier channel
  otherwize we are going to have 500+ dead channals before long.

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 01:22:41 PM »
We've made Roleplay as a new channel. It's better for global RP since we're all on one server now.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 05:13:22 AM »
I'm interested. It may take me a while to be able to react quickly enough though. I got slapped by somebody for telling a bad pun, which was ok, but by the time I found the proper emote it would have looked weird.

Luckily, Mr. Atomic Fire Skull is an animated adamantium skeleton infused with atomic fire so getting slapped is more dangerous for the slapper than him. Plus he has no nerve endings so he doesn't get the "feels" like others do.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

gammagirl

• Minion
  • Gamma Gamma Hey!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 11:45:02 PM »
Ooo... I'll join the RP channel next time I log in. I've been so busy with my costumes and such I haven't paid attention

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 12:33:29 AM »
Heh.

Once things are settled in a bit better and we have more to use/do (I.E Bases, mission maps/private instances), I think the RP community could really bloom -

But yeah, for now? Hop into Roleplay channel! We don't bite.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 04:56:48 AM »

AlaikaBalta

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 05:22:44 AM »
I'd love to join in, but I have no idea how I can join a new channel in PC. XD

gammagirl

• Minion
  • Gamma Gamma Hey!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 06:46:48 PM »

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 12:22:33 PM »
How you doing?...

I'm great, just sharpening my teeth! ;)

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 12:33:01 PM »
Something that's been bugging me recently and I feel should be brought up, and that's the world we RP in.

Back in live, the US and EU RPers were quite different breeds of fish.. As I understood it, US players tended to RP in small groups and there wasn't a lot of interaction between you; you had no "shared world" RP, just small bubbles for groups of folks.  Whereas we in the EU, on the Union server, had a shared world for the most part (there are always exceptions), that we tried hard to keep consistent and generally agreed among ourselves that stuff one group did would usually have happened for other groups as well.  This let us do such large RP events as the Requiem War, or the events surrounding the awakening of Mot, with scores of people taking part and posting fiction and artwork etc to go along with the plot.

Now, since PC's launch, I've been seeing several folks talking about the "vanishing", or that the city is empty of crime, or citizens, or other things like that, all relating to the game's close down.  When this gets mixed in with other folks who, like me, are RPing as if nothing at all has changed, it becomes extremely jarring and forces me to either say something ICly, or ignore it, and I don't like ignoring people as that's rude.

So, I think some kind of consensus really does need to be reached here.  I don't want to force my view of things on people, and I don't want their views forced on me, so I think that in the long run, it might be best if, when you're in public locations such as Pocket D, folks not mention the last 2.5 years at all. That way the whole problem is avoided and clashes don't happen.  If you want to RP they happened, or didn't, just keep that to between like minded players in less public places.

What do folks think?

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »
I go with a 3 year gap almost, but everything is kinda still going on. Without the Battalion, Dimensionless, and True Rikti that is.

But I agree, let's leave the 'oh no ones doing criminal activity' etc outside of the D at the very least.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 01:05:46 AM »
I like to go with a "temporal freeze" on the dimension rather than like, destroyed or anything, and had been for some time.  So I have been roleplaying it as the dimension is still "healing" as the reason why the zones are especially empty, as my main character is a hyper-advanced robot that detects that.  My character had been observing the dimension from another for a...particularly long time(to her perspective, due to the 'shelter' dimension's time flow being very different).

The reason I've chosen to roleplay it as that ever since the shutdown was because there was no way the game itself could remain shut down forever.  Paragon chat to me is just the beginning.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 01:35:48 AM »
My story  was  similar, that there were some  magical storms 3 years back  due to some portalcorp experiment and/or incarnates over tapping the natural lay lines. and they evacuated and quarantined the  paragon/isles/prae areas and most people either hopped a portal/space ship/ ect...or  drove over to Michigan (Champs is set in Michigan)

And at this point the  multidimentional/temporal laylines are restabalizing and maybe dj zero has  done some  power dampening while the city stablizes so people can get back in but powers are not what they used to be. so people can do flashy aura stuff and simple combat but cant really blast... much like it always was in Pocket D.

so if something doesnt work...blame Zero!

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 05:28:02 AM »
And to me, the daily life of heroing in Paragon City has continued, just as it always has, for the last 2.5 years...

This is why I think it's best if we just don't mention it when in public areas; there's too much disparity for it to be workable in groups of more than 1 unless everyone's in the same boat.

Zortel

• Underling
  • Up-n-Away Burger Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 11:21:53 AM »
I'm just trying to keep it a bit indeterminate when bringing up stuff that has happened between then and now, in game. A little fudge keeps the gears turning, or something.

And when I buy fudge, I buy Zortel-brand Vague Vanilla Fudge!

(On another note, would it be cool if I brought back the ol' IC Story Thread from CoH roleplay forums, a place to post little bits of fiction that may not need their own thread?)
Wheel of Alts, turn turn turn, who shall I play? Nobody knows!

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 03:11:50 PM »
(On another note, would it be cool if I brought back the ol' IC Story Thread from CoH roleplay forums, a place to post little bits of fiction that may not need their own thread?)

Perhaps a "Unionverse IC Fiction" thread for those wishing to RP in a shared world where there was no closedown, and a "Virtueverse IC Fiction" thread for those preferring "Island" style RP where they are unaffected, and do not affect, others?

* FloatingFatMan bets we can't agree on that. :p

Zortel

• Underling
  • Up-n-Away Burger Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 03:32:11 PM »
Perhaps a "Unionverse IC Fiction" thread for those wishing to RP in a shared world where there was no closedown, and a "Virtueverse IC Fiction" thread for those preferring "Island" style RP where they are unaffected, and do not affect, others?

What about tagging posts in an IC storythread with ((Unionverse)), rather than having two separate threads?

Really I just want to get my writing on again and get to grips with some characters. Slowly the memories are coming back to me of them after many gathered dust, but...
Wheel of Alts, turn turn turn, who shall I play? Nobody knows!

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 03:37:49 PM »
That works for me! Get writing, girl! I need to get on with some, too!