Author Topic: Weekly Costume Contests!  (Read 4640 times)

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
Weekly Costume Contests!
« on: July 08, 2015, 12:04:51 PM »
So another idea I had was weekly costume contests. The way this would work is a theme (or no theme) would be announced Sunday or Monday. Then, by Saturday? The contest is held. Screenshots would be provided, of course. Sadly, no prizes! But it's all for the fun and creativity of the community, so that's good enough! (IMO)

Yes/No/Maybe?

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Weekly Costume Contests!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 12:38:06 PM »
Bragging rights can be a reward in and of themselves. :p
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »
Screenshot the winners and post them here. A tiny bit of fame can substitute for in-game prizes.

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 12:54:48 PM »
That'd be the intended idea. Plus I have photoshop so I can probably try making fancy edited screenshots.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 03:22:41 PM »
You can always find alternative means of prizes beyond just in-game stuff.

Aside from a little fame, there might be artists still here (Aside from just myself) who might possibly be willing to do original artwork of the winners on occasion. I knew quite a few people who loved getting art done of their characters back in the day, so it can be an awesome prize in itself, even if it's just a quick line work sketch... (I might even be willing to do some artwork for these as well if my time allows for it. I can use the excuse to practice...)

Just a thought.

Nightsjester

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 03:27:16 PM »
I can also volunteer art as a reward if a costume is happening at least once a week.

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 03:33:43 PM »
If people come to me with alternate prizes, I shall definitely work that in.

Also, if anyone wishes to help me judge these when I start them up I am more then welcome to having help on that as well.

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 04:06:21 PM »
I love costume contests and would not mind helping to judge either.

(Euro Time)
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

Zekiran

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 07:07:28 PM »
Eeeeeeeeeeee.

Yes please. Keep informing on themes. I had plenty of 'winning' costumes around and about, looking forward to actually standing in a lineup again instead of just screenshotting the character gen screen...

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 07:53:29 PM »
I will be starting these next week more than likely. If I do, the theme announcement will be made as early as Sunday and as late as Monday. The first zone will likely be Atlas Park unless the show of interest exceeds 50. Special circumstances will be put up if such happens, so that it is fairly judged across all participants rather than not having everyone seen.

Shadeknight

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 01:05:23 PM »
I'm going to be starting these next week. The first theme will be announced on Saturday. Most CCs will be held on Friday or Saturday, leaving the rest of the week to dive into making based around the theme.