Author Topic: Old Client Mods Still Work!  (Read 3652 times)

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
Old Client Mods Still Work!
« on: July 08, 2015, 02:17:49 PM »
If you still have old client mods or the cohsplasher program to make new ones they DO work with Paragon Chat!

These are old screenies I took on live before shutdown but the mods still show up in my PC client :D

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 05:14:12 PM by Kyriani »

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Old Client Mods Still Work!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 05:37:09 PM »
That's kinda cool! How did you do that?

And more importantly... why did you replace funny CoH companies with real world ads and companies, and not other amusing / cool things? :P
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 05:42:02 PM »
It makes sense if you think about it. If you still had your install from when the game closed all the mods were still local. ParagonChat doesn't alter the client at all, just uses it for visuals. So whatever you had was still there.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 05:57:27 PM »
That's kinda cool! How did you do that?

And more importantly... why did you replace funny CoH companies with real world ads and companies, and not other amusing / cool things? :P

I like having a little realism in my gameworld and I stuck to ads mostly based around things of interest to me or at least familiar. I like my McD's and Burger King :) I found it amusing to see an apple store on the corner... I like seeing billboards for shows I like such as Once Upon A Time and Teen Wolf. :)

I originally used a program called COH splasher to make those mods. Not sure if the program is still available.

EDIT: Ha my music mods work too! Pocket D plays Jem and the Holograms music for me ^_^
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:38:45 PM by Kyriani »

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 07:11:40 PM »
CoH Splasher was created by Leandro, but the download page linked from his user page does not work anymore: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/User:Leandro

I suppose we could ask to get it added to Tequila.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame