Author Topic: Editing The Database: Using NPC/Locked Costume Pieces  (Read 34702 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Editing The Database: Using NPC/Locked Costume Pieces
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2015, 06:38:16 AM »
Auras are particle physics not geometry and textures, so they act differently than things that require geometry. I wouldn't be surprised if you could "fake" (force) multiple auras. I have never seen multiple auras personally so cannot confirm.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2015, 07:08:10 AM »
Auras are particle physics not geometry and textures, so they act differently than things that require geometry. I wouldn't be surprised if you could "fake" (force) multiple auras. I have never seen multiple auras personally so cannot confirm.

I use 1 costume that is made of about 4 of them. You can get some interesting effects, but it can look really janky if you're not careful.

Malithrax

• Underling
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2015, 12:57:27 AM »
In addition, auras are referred to as "fx" in the database file. This is the same category as things like capes, wings, crab pack, etc. You can actually place them in any part slot in the db as the position of the effect is "baked in," as it were, allowing you to combine things like wings and trench coats, for example. One of my favorites is combining the crab pack fx with the Cosmic Corsair back piece,  which is also an fx for some reason.

Another note: many fx like the crab pack will adopt the texture of whatever geometry is in that slot, which can create some neat or ugly effects. For the default texture, simply place the fx string for that object in its own slot.

remyfanboi

• Underling
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2016, 11:08:19 AM »
Is anyone in Paragon Chat using a Mac AND editing costume parts? I can't for the life of me figure this out and some advice would be great.

So far I'm stuck at: finding the database file.

Makes it hard to edit anything if I can't even get that far, huh?

Thanks for your help!