Author Topic: Paragon Chat Bug thread  (Read 40710 times)

laufeyjarson

• Boss
Re: Paragon Chat Bug thread
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2015, 04:44:19 AM »
Reporting a...kind of bizarre bug.  I was playing around earlier and no matter where I was, I could see Tiger White from @FloatingFatMan's local and emotes.  To give an idea, I was in Faultline while she was at the Pocket D blueside bar.  She came in loud and clear.

I got in close to her and left the vicinity again, sent Fatman a few tells, and the issue seemed to spontaneously clear up, but until then it persisted through multiple relogs.  I'll update this if it happens again, but it seems to be gone for now.

I'm seeing this now, except I can't clear it up.  It's odd.

Onition

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2015, 07:58:31 AM »
tl;dr I could only see two player models at a time

So. Earlier in the D, I was doing my RP with a group of people. I went to switch characters, I ended up being Disconnected from the mapserver (the client did not crash). When I finally got in, for some odd reason I could only see two other character models in a group of about 5 total. I completely relogged and came back in (after having a few disconnection issues as stated before.) When I returned the others had went to sleep for the night. I do not know it was solved with relogging, but I do know I have seen three character in my area.

Side Note: The only way for a character to reappear was to walk into them, but causing another to disappear.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2015, 07:30:33 AM »
I just saw a bug that I remember turning in to Paragon Studios and they fixed it but it's back. If you go to the Skyraider Base in Sharkhead Isle and go underneath the center of it, there's a long chain on a hook that should stretch down from under the base almost to the water's surface. But it's hard to see it, the way it's flashing around fully extended, colliding with everything in it's radius. You can't even see it move because it flickers around like it's in a super-fast strobe light.
BTW, when I got the reply that they fixed it I double checked it and it was fine, so I know it's possible to calm it down.
Don't know if it matters but thought I'd mention it.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2015, 07:03:26 PM »
This is Paragon Chat bugs, not City of Heroes client bugs. Unfortunately, we can do nothing about the client without tampering with the files, and that takes PC out of being kosher.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2015, 11:18:08 PM »
This may not be a PC bug.  Behind Wentworth's in Talos is an NPC named Albert Maurer.  The character model is female.  That's a male name.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2015, 04:09:57 PM »
This is Paragon Chat bugs, not City of Heroes client bugs. Unfortunately, we can do nothing about the client without tampering with the files, and that takes PC out of being kosher.
Doh! *does a Vinnie Barbarino impression "I'm so confuuused"*
Actually, I know the difference between the client and PC I just forgot for a moment. I'm just so excited about being in Paragon again I'm losing my marbles  :D
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2015, 01:27:29 PM »
This may not be a PC bug.  Behind Wentworth's in Talos is an NPC named Albert Maurer.  The character model is female.  That's a male name.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Albert_Maurer

lexicon

• Minion
    • The Danger Ranger's Database
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2015, 08:00:57 PM »
So, I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this issue. But apparently when I go to open paragon chat 98c it crashes on load and I have to open it again and it seemingly works ok. I load into city and the user agreement now uses NC's default and not PC's "be awesome in all things" agreement. Finally in-game costume Editor has locked all the costume packs and unable to be used.

One more thing to add, I have recently upgraded to win 10 and this didn't start happening until after the upgrade, so win10 could be the root of the bug but I am uncertain. Either way something weird is going on.
This message has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Danger Rangers...
GO GO DANGER RANGERS!
My CoH Faces Profile! // Get your Quickchat FIXED!

"It's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..." Tyler Durden - Fight Club

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2015, 08:03:57 PM »
I load into city and the user agreement now uses NC's default and not PC's "be awesome in all things" agreement. Finally in-game costume Editor has locked all the costume packs and unable to be used.

Your game client is installed somewhere that Windows won't let you write to, and you need to run Paragon Chat as an admin for it to be able to override those things (or move everything to somewhere that Windows will let you write to).

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2015, 08:32:10 PM »
Since updating to Windows 10 this morning, PC now consistently crashes whilst loading, before I can type my password in.  Takes some fiddling around with the update combobox before it loads properly.

It was fine last night, on Windows 8.1.

Nightside

• Underling
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2015, 11:59:13 PM »
I've been having problems with PC crashing too, on the pre-load before I can input my password.
Seems to crash whenever I hit 'initializing world' or 'initializing XMPP'.
I'm still using Windows 8.1, however. Occasionally restarts fix this, but not always.
Not much of a computer junkie so any advice towards fixing this would be great.

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2015, 12:11:38 AM »
I've been having problems with PC crashing too, on the pre-load before I can input my password.
I'm still using Windows 8.1, however. Occasionally restarts fix this, but not always.
I too have the same issue. I’ have learned to left click the Palm tree in the upper  left hand corner of Island run. A menu list will drop down, chose “"Re-scan"”. I believe this causes the all files to be check for proper configuration. If you Windows isn’t recognizing the path, click “Reset path.”  Good luck.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:01:25 AM by Ted Simmerman »
Doc Artz

lexicon

• Minion
    • The Danger Ranger's Database
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2015, 01:15:06 AM »
Your game client is installed somewhere that Windows won't let you write to, and you need to run Paragon Chat as an admin for it to be able to override those things (or move everything to somewhere that Windows will let you write to).

So my documents are locked on win 10? That dosnt make sense cause up until win 10 update it worked fine. Im not running it from programs or programs86 so it should function. I can still manage to log into paragonchat just having wonky issues now. Ill see what more i can figure out when i get home
This message has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Danger Rangers...
GO GO DANGER RANGERS!
My CoH Faces Profile! // Get your Quickchat FIXED!

"It's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..." Tyler Durden - Fight Club

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2015, 04:28:11 AM »
So my documents are locked on win 10? That dosnt make sense cause up until win 10 update it worked fine. Im not running it from programs or programs86 so it should function. I can still manage to log into paragonchat just having wonky issues now. Ill see what more i can figure out when i get home

No, it shouldn't be in My Documents. But the cause for seeing the original login text and having the costume parts locked is invariably that Paragon Chat was unable to create the extra pigg file containing some overrides for certain strings as well as patching costume.bin to remove the restrictions.

So something is preventing that file from being created. If not UAC, then maybe file permissions got screwed up in the upgrade somehow.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2015, 01:18:41 PM »
Hey CW, I know you said you'd set the chat range in Pocket D to 50ft, but can you double check? It's definitely a lot shorter than it used to be... There are people chatting that should be well within range (and used to be in live), but can't see their text.

For example. Go to PD when there are RPers in the top blue bar and stand by the pool tables underneath; you used to still be able to see their chat as was well within range, but you can't any more...

I have a feeling it was 50 yards, not feet, which would be 150ft! :p

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2015, 02:22:55 AM »
Hey CW, I know you said you'd set the chat range in Pocket D to 50ft, but can you double check? It's definitely a lot shorter than it used to be... There are people chatting that should be well within range (and used to be in live), but can't see their text.

For example. Go to PD when there are RPers in the top blue bar and stand by the pool tables underneath; you used to still be able to see their chat as was well within range, but you can't any more...

I have a feeling it was 50 yards, not feet, which would be 150ft! :p

Yeah, I've been noticing this myself. There were a few times this week I had to move my characters even closer if I wanted to start hearing what was being discussed so I could decide if I wanted to join in or not.

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
    • Behance
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2015, 02:44:28 AM »

I know I posted this earlier. Dell strongly recommends against using Windows 10 for any intense memory usage. PC magazine recently mention HP was also only issuing a license for Windows 10 and shipping most computers with Windows 7 professional. “Any new OS will have bugs regardless of the platform from which they were built."  Windows 7 was built upon XP sp4  platform and had problems at first.

Ted Simmerman, 8)
Owner, SIMTECH Computers
Microsoft, CNNA, C+, C++,  CompTIA certifications
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:22:31 AM by Doc Artz »
Doc Artz

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2015, 05:54:13 AM »
Windows 7 was built upon XP sp4  platform and had problems at first.

Windows 7 was built upon the Vista platform.

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
    • Behance
Re: Paragon Chat Bug thread (edited)
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2015, 08:56:57 AM »

Ted Simmerman, 8)
Owner, SIMTECH Computers
Microsoft System's Engineer, CNNA, C+, C++,  CompTIA certifications
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:26:38 PM by Doc Artz »
Doc Artz

FloatingFatMan