Author Topic: Paragon Chat Bug thread  (Read 40718 times)

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
Re: Paragon Chat Bug thread
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »
Doc Artz
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:27:03 PM by Doc Artz »
Doc Artz

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2015, 05:30:56 PM »
Why yes, I would enjoy some further civil discourse on the subject!  Please, could you elaborate upon that which you reject my assertions?
Doc Artz

I'm basing my claim on these reasons.  Please, feel free to disagree, but I believe them to be compelling enough to disagree with your initial assessment.

1. Dell & HP both ship machines with Windows 10 and have not recommended to not use it
2. Windows 7 is based on the Vista codebase, and that in turn was based on the Longhorn codebase. XP didn't enter into it except for some legacy code.
3. Although I'm sure you know what a Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) is, I mention it here because XP wouldn't boot if MS had forgotten it.
4.  XP 64bit failed for many reasons, the main one being lack of support from OEMs.
5.  Yes, any new OS will have bugs, just like any other complex software. It's still perfectly stable to use, just like all previous versions of Windows were.

There, modd'd and fix'd again! --TV
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:11:59 PM by TonyV »

Golden Aurora

• Boss
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2015, 08:12:46 PM »
1. I think was what being referred to is specific issues certain older dell machines have with the Windows 10 upgrade. Certain machines become inoperable. http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN298445/en

Still, the blanket statement does not accurately represent both companies opinions as they sell products with Win 10 and offer upgrade guides.

2. In looking into the references available, it was difficult to find any sources about where the codebase was forked from. The following calls it an 'Update' to windows 8 consisting of a new OS. That would seem consistent with a fork based on a similar codebase.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-codename-threshold-the-next-major-windows-wave-takes-shape/

Not that I particularly care about any of this, it just piqued my curiosity.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2015, 02:13:40 AM »
If you want to be really pedantic, all of them are ultimately based on Windows NT. Windows XP is NT 5.1 or 5.2 depending on version, Vista is NT 6.0 and 7 is NT 6.1.

SedatedAlice

• Underling
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2015, 01:37:09 PM »
I got treated to the best bug this morning!

I logged out last night, closed down the client; everything was normal.  The D was mildly busy when I left.

Logged back in this morning - my friends list is /exactly/ as I left it last night.  The D is populated by the same people that were on when I left.  Now I know it was a glitch, as Pidgin showed no one being online my friends list in game and I know quite a few them definitely weren't in the game, they were at work! (I had two that were on like Pidgin/Trillian)  I switched characters to someone that I hadn't had on in two days to see if that cleared it - nope, same pocket D. 

Had a friend log in while I was exploring my ghost town.  He shows up on my list, but I can't send him tells, interact with him, etc.  I can see when he logs in and out, however  I even tried sending him a message through Pidgin and nothing. 

I feel like I'm in that Futurama episode, you know, the last one where the world stood still?

Strudel

• Task Force Sergeant 2017
  • Underling
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2015, 04:22:13 AM »
Hey! Got a bug today, don't think I've heard it before.

Basically my Paragon Chat d/c'd, and I relaunched it. I came back to being zoned in Skyway City instead of Pocket D, and a costume I just edited reverted back to the first costume. I was in Skyway City about an hour before, so somehow my hour of activity did not log. It was definitely weird.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2015, 11:16:12 PM »
Found a floating Tree in Atlus....about a foot off the ground. Argosy Park.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:03:16 AM by MaidMercury »

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2015, 04:03:00 AM »
Found a floating Tree in Atlus....about a foot off the ground. Argosy Park.

Pretty sure a floating tree in Atlas Park wouldn't be a Paragon Chat bug since the maps are stored and loaded by the client and Codewalker and company are not modifying the client and maps for legal reasons. There are many zones where you can find things like floating rocks, trees, crates, AC units and the like. As well as geometry holes that allow you outside/under the maps in many zones if you know to look. When there was still an active studio developing CoH some of these would get fixed in each update and a few others would frequently get broken. It was the circle of life for map bugs.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2015, 01:17:40 AM »
Just posted that for a little entertainment.

'Why so serious?..............Joker  ;D

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2015, 02:21:58 AM »
Just posted that for a little entertainment.

'Why so serious?..............Joker  ;D
Fair enough i suppose.

Wait, you thought i was being all grimdark/Batman/DC Cinematic Universe *cough*wecandoitBETTERthanMarvelbybeingallgrimandseriouswitheverysinglecharacter*cough* serious? Uh, yup, absolutely. Still, since i do frequently see people asking CW and company to fix/change things that have nothing to with Paragon chat itself i do tend to point it out. There's quite enough going with the stuff they really are doing.

Also:
So far so good. Onward and upward!

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2015, 12:30:15 AM »

Kalisto Wharf has 3 of these Boxes... :o

[/URL]

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2015, 01:01:35 AM »
Night Ward has them too.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2015, 03:03:36 AM »
Aren't there some in Faultline as well?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2015, 05:47:53 AM »
And it's not a bug. This thread is for bugs pertaining to Paragon Chat. Please keep unrelated topics out.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2015, 08:03:59 AM »
Occasionally, after switching characters, no chat dialogue will appear in Local despite being clearly logged in otherwise. I have to log completely out of Paragon Chat, and re-log in in order for it to be corrected. So far this has happened to me twice.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »
Try using /xmpp_disconnect followed by /xmpp_connect instead of logging - it's the same effect but less time involved. Does that work?

Is it just Local that fails? Global channels & broadcast still work?

Passing on the bug part to CW & crew.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2015, 07:35:44 PM »
Try using /xmpp_disconnect followed by /xmpp_connect instead of logging - it's the same effect but less time involved. Does that work?

Is it just Local that fails? Global channels & broadcast still work?

Passing on the bug part to CW & crew.

I can't quite remember, but I think the first time it did it, I was still witnessing a conversation in the Paragon Chat channel, but that was a week ago so I might be mis-remembering.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2015, 02:54:27 AM »
Removed a bug with Tequila from the Paragon Chat bug thread. New thread here: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,11470.0.html

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2016, 03:36:55 PM »
Updated to .99i this morning and suddenly my database is corrupt!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2016, 04:24:32 PM »
Updated to .99i this morning and suddenly my database is corrupt!

First make sure you don't have another copy running. Check the process list in task manager and see if there is another ParagonChat.exe. Rebooting can also clear it out if there is.

Otherwise, there may be something weird in your database that the schema upgrade in 0.99i is choking on. If it persists across a reboot, are you able to put your database file (%APPDATA%\Paragon Chat\Database\ParagonChat.db) on Dropbox or something like that and PM me a link to it so I can take a look?