Author Topic: RP Ideas for Outside of the D (Supergroups)  (Read 6983 times)

Maressa

• Boss
RP Ideas for Outside of the D (Supergroups)
« on: July 08, 2015, 10:58:03 PM »
We've been brainstorming two different RP supergroups for folks who want a little rp action outside the D. If you're interested in either of these leave a comment below and say which you're interested in!

Stargate Team(s)

Small teams heading through "Stargates" on missions to other worlds. If there's enough interest we can have people playing Stargate teams and people playing the people they interact with. Would take turns who is playing which so everyone gets to be the Stargate team and everyone gets to be an alien.

Midnighter's Club

Midnighters hold meetings, investigate magical happenings and more.

If either of these are interesting or you have an idea of your own let us know! We won't be starting for a little while to let the population stable a bit.

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
Re: RP Ideas for Outside of the D (Supergroups)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 11:19:36 PM »
Here is what you do you go to a spot that looks like an appropriate entrans then /mapmove to the map that fits  your rp destination. Having a good feel for  where map move drops you and  what  zones  have areas  that you need will be essential.

Zone ideas  keep in mind  St martial has a carnival(north  center)  and a Vegas Strip ( south center) excellent for RP

Hollows,, croatoa, nerva,  eden, and other areas with Vast wilderness spots would be ideal for all sorts of  D&D style dungeon crawls Hallows especially  because as you have the  tunnels  accessable.

There is always the  Echo of Astoria  for if you need a peasoup fog. 

Sewer Network both in Atlas and in Praetoria is great for mutants living underground rp. or for a map move when your party  enters a sewer.

Shadow shard is  good  for Scifi  rp but  id not want to go there without  travel powers.

Praetoria also has a few nice BarRP spots there is also danceparty.

Universities have a lot of great space for school rpers.

Rabgix

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 05:27:30 AM »
Both sound interesting. Any RP sounds fun!

AudreyWinter

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 02:22:28 AM »
I'd be interested in joining the Midnighters. I had several magical characters who belonged to their own magic-themed SG that I could resurrect.

I would also be interested in resurrecting Atomic Gaslight, my SG for retro-SF heroes. Steampunk, pulp, penny dreadful, dieselpunk, atompunk and atomic rockets, that kind of thing. I already have Comet Lady, leader and co-founder, remade (she was, in fact, the very first character I rebuilt). It would be easy to find an in-city "headquarters" location for RP.

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 07:58:47 AM »
I've never done a lot of the "MMO roleplay" stuff, but if you need volunteers for someone to play an "NPC" at an event (and presuming I can actually fit it into my schedule) that would be fun!

My big trouble currently is my schedule, but if any of this takes off, I'd be glad to lend a hand, if I possibly can!

Lyc~

Crater Labs

• Trivia Champion 2016
  • Minion
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 06:54:16 PM »
I don't know if it counts as a Supergroup (though I *do* want to reconvene with some of my old SG buddies), but...

I *do* have the ghost of a former astronaut space hero who's planning on taking over various parts of Paragon.  Hard to do with no one to RP against, of course, or minions to boss around, but still.

gammagirl

• Minion
  • Gamma Gamma Hey!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 06:52:51 PM »
Gamma would absolutely be up for a space/stargate RP.  You know, we could even find a spot that looks starship-y and do that.  Time to make a Sci-Fi Retro costume!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 10:46:49 PM »
My main character (now named Warp Chronetricka) was made for science fiction/space.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

AlaikaBalta

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 02:59:08 AM »
I currently have one character up for RP, Arachnos Widow Sea Holly with a case of magic-induced DID. I can go for anything except sci-fi/retro.

Eventine01

• Underling
  • Cole did nothing wrong!
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 12:25:56 AM »
Midnighter's Club

Midnighters hold meetings, investigate magical happenings and more.

If either of these are interesting or you have an idea of your own let us know! We won't be starting for a little while to let the population stable a bit.

I think you're treading dangerous waters, when you make a group that shares the name of a group that's in the CoH official canon. That's the sort of thing that really bothers people, because just by sharing the name of a canon group, there's an implication that the group's actions are part of the official canon and are more deserving of recognition than other groups.

BluArcher

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 02:05:37 AM »
I'm not very good at rp but I'm down for either I'm sure I can find/make a toon for one :)

mdlittle

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 05:33:09 PM »
I think you're treading dangerous waters, when you make a group that shares the name of a group that's in the CoH official canon. That's the sort of thing that really bothers people, because just by sharing the name of a canon group, there's an implication that the group's actions are part of the official canon and are more deserving of recognition than other groups.

Well...since ol' Percey was part of the Midnighters Club, I don't think being directly affiliated with any particular group mandates 'more deserving of recognition' than others.  ;D
"You're about to find out why they call me 'The Melee Blaster'!!!..."

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 10:36:45 AM »
Well...since ol' Percey was part of the Midnighters Club, I don't think being directly affiliated with any particular group mandates 'more deserving of recognition' than others.  ;D

I agree with Eventine there; it's generally considered pretty bad form to claim to be part of canon groups other than ones you become part of through gameplay, such as Vanguard.

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 05:53:30 PM »
I agree with Eventine there; it's generally considered pretty bad form to claim to be part of canon groups other than ones you become part of through gameplay, such as Vanguard.

Well, technically, weren't you made part of the Midnighter's Club after doing the initial arc with Montague and the like?

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 06:36:48 PM »
Well, technically, weren't you made part of the Midnighter's Club after doing the initial arc with Montague and the like?

I can't actually remember, though I can't see why... The Midnighters were magical heroes and I can't see them taking the many 1000's of non-magical heroes that did their arc as members... :p

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 06:47:45 PM »
I can't actually remember, though I can't see why... The Midnighters were magical heroes and I can't see them taking the many 1000's of non-magical heroes that did their arc as members... :p

Well, you're going to have to change that view, then, dear ol' Baron.

Quote from: Montagua Castanella
With the Lost cure on its way, the Midnight Squad can begin to look at other avenues to counter the Rikti. Now that you are officially a member of the Midnight Squad, I want you to go to our club. It is a place for others like us to discuss matters of the occult and mystical arts, while also preparing for the eventuality of another Rikti attack.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Montague_Castanella#Enter_the_Midnighter_Club

Tipsy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 08:10:27 PM »
It's easy enough to find some wiggle room, like giving your SG a unique name and just considering it like "a spliter group working within Midnighters" or something along those lines.

-Tipsy

mdlittle

• Underling
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 04:32:39 PM »

You would be correct and you get a quaint a badge as evidence thereof when you loiter around the Midnighter's Club long enough to be recognized as a 'Midnighter' as part of your day job.  ;D
"You're about to find out why they call me 'The Melee Blaster'!!!..."